Home

What are you working on? (returning)

This is a discussion on What are you working on? (returning) within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2020, 02:22 AM   #3441
Rookie

blinkfan77's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: What are you working on? (returning)

My #1 goal is to acquire Mackenzie Gore.

Appears the only way I have a chance is to slowly collect 10 prospects.

Gonna take me a while!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2020, 06:36 AM   #3442
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

How did I acquire 250k stubs?

Flipping the market: probably made about 10k. It's not for me and I hated every second of it.

Showdown: to me this is the best way to get XP and some packs/rewards.

Events: free entry and if you're a solid player you get decent rewards. I got 100 wins the first event and sold the Felix & Brooks Robinson.

Ranked Seasons: actually this isn't very good for getting stubs unless you get to WS. I'm at 21-1 right now and hit 800. So basically up until this point I've made great XP but low stub payout. Me taking my time to try for WS is going to cost me tons of stubs for the WS reward card.

Battle Royale: I had two 9+ win entries which netted me Lindor and Mookie. I sold both which netted me around 75-80k stubs. I don't want to really hit on AS right now so I've been staying away from BR. The games I did try I sucked.

XP Levels: you get these decent cards here and there which you can sell. I basically have sold everything I've acquired through every method to save up for Trout. Also the Program rewards are decent. I did keep Oswalt but I've sold everything else.

Did I spend money? Yes. I spent $100 on stubs at the beginning of the year. Don't recommend it. I burned through it quick and tried to pull packs and my luck was bad. I guarantee I wasted 150k stubs so I don't see me as having a huge advantage because of that. If I was smart with those stubs I would've had Trout weeks ago.

So basically I sold everything I could when I got it. It adds up quick.

My current stub count: 700

Trout status: acquired

Now it's all downhill from here

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 04-04-2020, 09:26 AM   #3443
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by buziii
Happy to see someone having success with Directional. Directional is all I've ever done, and don't even want to learn another method. But, I often feel like my inferior hitting, especially online, is due to Directional.

What I've learned about surviving with Directional is you have to be patient. Wait to hit balls in the middle of the zone...if you can. That's easier said than done, but that's my only hope online. Wait for mistakes. I'm a pretty good pitcher, but a sucky hitter. I win less than 40% of my online games. But I can keep it close with my pitching, and hope to scratch out a run or two.
That is exactly how I had to do it. If you don't and just swing at anything in the zone you will not have very good success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsaholic230
Waiting for mistakes in the middle is 90 of how I use zone. Most of us don't have the Ninja reflexes they streamers have. I don't get how some of them are so good. I guess if you subtracted 20 years from my life I would be a lot better.

Yeah the streamers I watch are my worst enemy. LOL! I'm like it works for them so it should work for me. WRONG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxatron
I said last year that all the frustration with player input would go away if we all went to classic and analog or directional. I used analog hitting quite a bit and when I lined out for 6 innings I wasn't nearly as mad as when I was squaring up.

I think the culture around zone hitting hinders the game a little because that's THE method. And while elite players obviously prove that zone wins out in the end, I think there's zero question that the game is more FUN without it.

I tried analog hitting a bit as well, I felt like the only contact I was making was weak contact because I dont push straight up, sometimes at an angle and that produces "contact" instead of the normal swing. Maybe I'll give this another shot though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Directional IS more of an influence, that is correct (I think analog is a bit more of a "just timing" mechanism). Directional is also swing/player dependent; so the ideal swing (and influence) for a pull hitter vs a push hitter is totally different; as is your approach at the plate for that hitter. It's not just about waiting for a meatball; in a lot of cases, the ideal pitch location for that hitter (based partly on his hot zones, his pull/push tendency. and the game situation).

It's a very elegant interface which is easy to pick up, but it's incredibly difficult to master. It also changes the optimal players that you'd select - the vision ratings being MUCH more critical on directional.
Late last night I set a lineup just set on best vision per position and it honestly helped me big time at the very least put balls into play.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 04-04-2020, 10:57 AM   #3444
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxatron
Still trying to hit 70 points in the Braves Affinity and decided to restart the US Map again. I actually enjoy Play vs CPU but I wanted to get some quicker games in. Been playing on HoF still and experimenting with analog more and I THINK I'm starting to like analog. I'm sure the second I hop online using it I'll go back to hating it because of how different everything is online but now that I'm using it more it feels way easier to hit spots than meter. Not like, more accurate, just the analog meter is way easier than meter. Weird. And that's with a Braves affinity team where I'm pitching with the likes of guys under 80.

Whoever said in one of these threads that Klesko is a monster is absolutely correct. This dude hits bombs and pimps them like a goddamn savage. Even lefty/lefty he's hitting upper deck tanks. He's so bad in the field it's almost hilarious when the ball is hit to him because he reacts like he's blindfolded with his hands tied behind his back. But he rakes so I'll deal with it.

Anyone play the event yet? Part 2 is on HoF and I'm curious on the feedback since All-Star was playing at almost HoF speed it felt like. Is HoF that much faster and how does it feel? I'll be playing the Event this weekend most likely but just wondering how everyone is feeling about it right now.
Great to know on Klesko.

I just grabbed Acuña when he dropped to $36K (my first significant Stub purchase after insane discipline) and after Freeman who’s in the high teens, that’s a pretty affordable team to complete. I’ve got Maddux, too, and really want the Albies FoTF so I’m doing a Braves / Oct season.

I have my eyes set on Yelich next, so with Grandy (who RAKES for me) and Yordan and Mays (my D sub / lefty lineup guy), the OF is a bit crowded already.

I feel like my team is already stacked and I’m only a level 40 bronze with no online play yet.
Old 04-04-2020, 11:14 AM   #3445
Rookie

buziii's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Late last night I set a lineup just set on best vision per position and it honestly helped me big time at the very least put balls into play.
I agree with this, as a Directional guy. I've learned I don't hit well with low vision guys. I play old school baseball. Try to make sure I put the ball in play as much as possible.

I got low vision Matt Olson early on in the game. According to his stats, he should have been one of my best hitters at the time. I gave him lots of opportunities, thinking it was just me. I think he sits at about 0.050 average on my bench with no homers. He'll never see my lineup again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2020, 12:45 PM   #3446
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: What are you wobyrking on? (returning)

Finally completed another AL West showdown completing 9 of the 12 moments and used a couple vouchers to unlock FOF Joey Gallo. Used the rest of the vouchers on the Angels to get a team specific pack to help with the collection and got 2 Tommy La Stella's (who I already had) and another player I already had. 😆 Every team specific pack I've opened has had 2 of the same player in it.

Happy to finally get the Gallo though!
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk
Old 04-04-2020, 12:48 PM   #3447
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkfan77
My #1 goal is to acquire Mackenzie Gore.

Appears the only way I have a chance is to slowly collect 10 prospects.

Gonna take me a while!
I guess I was lucky that Dylan Carlson was the guy I was going for so I only need to collect 5. To get there I sold Scherzer, who I pulled in my initial packs. I don't have to have him since I only play offline. I then picked up some of the cheaper prospects who would still make my main squad. I think I still have all of them on the squad.

Last edited by Dolenz; 04-04-2020 at 01:30 PM.
Old 04-04-2020, 03:57 PM   #3448
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I've got the Big 3 reunited in my rotation along with 99 Kluber and Reyes. All diamonds there. Hoping Maddux is more usable at my rank and in this patch.

Got an all diamond lineup and bench except Garver and Dunn on the bench.

In the pen Blue, Lee Smith, and Taylor Rogers are my only non-diamonds.

I'm liking my team. I just need my Big 3 to actually be viable now and I should be well off. I just know pre-patch the lack of control with any pitchers and then their lower velocities made them easy to beat up on. My Maddux has an 8 ERA, all pre 1.04, and my Smoltz is at 5.0. I've never pitched with Glavine.

― Plato
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »