Home

Baserunners diving back or freezing on hits?

This is a discussion on Baserunners diving back or freezing on hits? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2019, 09:58 AM   #17
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Baserunners diving back or freezing on hits?

Yeah it's pretty constant. I just had my runner dive back into second on a ground ball down the first baseline, so he didn't score. Just stupid, no reason to even consider returning to 2nd there, yet alone diving
Old 04-15-2019, 02:05 AM   #18
LGM

Arizito Sports's Arena

OVR: 3

This cost me 2 runs happened to me
Old 04-15-2019, 10:31 AM   #19
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Yep. Please fix this.....actually fix the following.

1) Base running AI.

2) Fielders momentarily freezing before responding to a ball hit near them.

3) Fielders occasionally throwing the ball with no urgency (problem last year also)

4) Man coveting the bag on a steal attempt tries to apply a tag to nobody after the base stealer retreats half way through the steal allowing him easy safe return instead of catching him in a run down. (Also a problem last year)

5) Way too many easy grounders are booted or bobbled by fielders. Imagine MLB players struggling that bad that much on routine balls hit to them.

I can’t count the moments, already a lesson in frustration, these have cost me but more infuriating is being knocked out of an Event, Battle Royale, or dropping a RS game as a result of these. A little less focus on getting Sony Partners in your game and more focus if bugs please.
Old 04-15-2019, 01:41 PM   #20
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Well I just had one of those RS games that make you wonder what the hell is going.

It’s the top of the 7th and up 2-0. My opponent is hitless to this point. I rip a double. Next batter I rip what should be another double maybe a triple but my runner on second dives bag to the bag I retreat to first. Next batter I rip another double into the gap. My runner on second scores and my runner on first who has great speed rounds third but stops half way goes back and dives into third nearly getting tagged out. I’m 3-0 but it should be 4-0. Next batter hits into a DP and inning is over

So it’s 3-0 instead of 4 nothing. My pitcher has given up no hits (Noah Syndegard) and has only thrown 42 pitches. Despite timing my meter near perfect it’s a 4 pitch walk. Next batter again I’m nailing my meter but my pitches are wildly no where near where I aim them. Another 4 pitch walk. Even though I shouldn’t have to I bring in a fresh arm. Nailing the meter still but still getting wildly thrown pitches for no reason and it’s a 4 pitch walk bases loaded. 2 different pitchers walk 3 straight on 4 straight pitches???? Despite my timing being good these pitches went nowhere close where they were aimed. Next batter 3-0 count because my pitches still have a mind of their own. Next pitch aimed up and in timed great goes right down the middle for a Grand Slam. Losing 4-3.

Moving forward my pitches go back to normal and he doesn’t get another hit the rest of the game. I lose 4-3. The chain of events was so bizarre. It’s like the game wanted me to lose. They really need to fix these issues.

Last edited by jake19ny; 04-15-2019 at 01:44 PM.
Old 04-15-2019, 07:19 PM   #21
Pro

shark547's Arena

H&R baserunners are absolutely killing me.....gotta get them going again to get them to 3rd.....

I played as the brewers getting to the series and once the playoffs started the fielders were bobbling balls constantly. Never seen anything like it.

Now playing as the Dodgers and it isn't getting any better...lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2019, 09:27 AM   #22
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark547
H&R baserunners are absolutely killing me.....gotta get them going again to get them to 3rd.....

I played as the brewers getting to the series and once the playoffs started the fielders were bobbling balls constantly. Never seen anything like it.

Now playing as the Dodgers and it isn't getting any better...lol
Has anyone noticed the base running issue happening at first base? I haven’t it’s always second and third. That’s a curious thing because if it’s an AI logic issue you would think it would happen with runners on all the bases. Unless the problem lies in the AI logic that decides wether the runner can advance or not. Obviously any ball on the ground the runner on first has to go so it must have something to do with the CPU not recognizing the type of hit. Like a ball to the gap. It seems like these are the balls my runners turn around and go back on. Like the logic is telling them they can’t make it when they can. What I don’t understand is why it ignores my button commands.....which are now button mashing commands lol. These types of things are what conspiracy theories spring from. Fix the damn problems and nobody will think you are trying to help the other team win. Period end of story
Old 04-22-2019, 02:18 AM   #23
Rookie

citybythebay85's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Has anyone noticed the base running issue happening at first base? I haven’t it’s always second and third. That’s a curious thing because if it’s an AI logic issue you would think it would happen with runners on all the bases. Unless the problem lies in the AI logic that decides wether the runner can advance or not. Obviously any ball on the ground the runner on first has to go so it must have something to do with the CPU not recognizing the type of hit. Like a ball to the gap. It seems like these are the balls my runners turn around and go back on. Like the logic is telling them they can’t make it when they can. What I don’t understand is why it ignores my button commands.....which are now button mashing commands lol. These types of things are what conspiracy theories spring from. Fix the damn problems and nobody will think you are trying to help the other team win. Period end of story
It's happened to me a lot at 1st.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »