Home

The Chase...(Big collection for 7/28)

This is a discussion on The Chase...(Big collection for 7/28) within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2020, 02:13 PM   #25
MVP

papadell's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Chase...(Big collection for 7/28)

I bought Walker because I didn't want to risk the prices going up even more on the bosses from last inning. Kinda regret not playing through that one but I was over the game plus working so much.

If the reward isn't something amazing I wonder how hard everything tanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2020, 02:26 PM   #26
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxatron
I bought Walker because I didn't want to risk the prices going up even more on the bosses from last inning. Kinda regret not playing through that one but I was over the game plus working so much.

If the reward isn't something amazing I wonder how hard everything tanks.

Yeah, I don't think A-Rod is beloved enough to move the needle. Honus had the cool extra thing of being based on an actual rare card. A-Rod is just a controversial but brilliant recent player. It would be kind of amazing if they did this and then everyone just stopped caring. They would deserve it for putting so much emphasis on a relatively narrow area of gameplay and actively flipping off offline players.

Two way Ruth would get people excited but I don't think it's actually possible? I've never really checked to see if you could slot in guys like Ohtani and McKay as fielders.
Old 07-28-2020, 09:00 AM   #27
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

You won’t regret buying Walker, he’s the 2nd best hitter in the game IMO

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 07-28-2020, 10:51 AM   #28
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12

I worked on some of the player programs that I skipped over the weekend like Eckersly, Honus and Lefty Grove. Going to tackle Jackie and Griffey Sr. next. Those are the only 2 I have left I believe.

Only collections I'm way behind on are prospects, prestige, and FOTF. If it involves those then I'll be screwed. With work being super busy (thankful for that though) and other stuff just don't have the extra time it takes to grind that stuff.
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk
Old 07-28-2020, 10:52 AM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
You won’t regret buying Walker, he’s the 2nd best hitter in the game IMO
I'm not even thing to go for this chase... I just got mantle and will now just buy whatever players I want.

I was thinking of walker but I currently have trout, mantle, and bellinger in the of. Jackson on the bench. I'm 0-12 with sheffield and the one game I used him at 3rd and Jones at as... They lost the game for me defensively with a ss error and Sheff not getting to a slow ball down the line.

I've always mashed with Eddie Matthews cards and was thinking of buying him for 3rd,ive cooled off some with chipper
Old 07-28-2020, 12:35 PM   #30
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValhallaVikings
I'm not even thing to go for this chase... I just got mantle and will now just buy whatever players I want.

I was thinking of walker but I currently have trout, mantle, and bellinger in the of. Jackson on the bench. I'm 0-12 with sheffield and the one game I used him at 3rd and Jones at as... They lost the game for me defensively with a ss error and Sheff not getting to a slow ball down the line.

I've always mashed with Eddie Matthews cards and was thinking of buying him for 3rd,ive cooled off some with chipper
I was messing around doing the newest conquest map over the weekend and decided to throw the 92 Eddie Mathews in since I never used him. Did quite well with so may have to buy the 99 at some point.

I hit okay with Sheffield but his bat waggle is really a distraction for me and Chipper has struggled defensively.
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk
Old 07-28-2020, 03:00 PM   #31
MVP

papadell's Arena

Spoiler on the reward in case you want to be surprised. Don't read this in that case.

2019 MVP 99 OVR Mike Trout

Have to say that while I'm sure many people will be excited for this, I have zero inclination to pursue this aggressively. The card is amazing no doubt. But while I won't label this disappointing, I don't feel like it's such a tempting card like Honus was.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2020, 03:05 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxatron
Spoiler on the reward in case you want to be surprised. Don't read this in that case.

2019 MVP 99 OVR Mike Trout

Have to say that while I'm sure many people will be excited for this, I have zero inclination to pursue this aggressively. The card is amazing no doubt. But while I won't label this disappointing, I don't feel like it's such a tempting card like Honus was.
I would've been tempted for bonds...that's about it

Then when I heard some youtube guys anticipating you'd have to prestige...i haven't prestiged nobody. If they made that where you could do it offline too...maybe i would

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »