Home

MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Wishlist - How to Make a Great Mode Even Better

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Wishlist - How to Make a Great Mode Even Better within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2021, 04:11 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Wishlist - How to Make a Great Mode Even Better

MLB The Show 20’s post-launch free content updates have been nothing short of stellar this cycle....

Written By: Elliott Jenkins

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2021, 04:46 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Wishlist - How to Make a Great Mode Even Better

i think it would be really cool that each team that has cards come out for bosses or stuff like that , the cards shoudl be on the team roster in the Conquest maps so that it doesnt get old playing the same players on the same teams all year long. but other than that SDS has done an amazing job this year with content

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB

MLB The Show 20’s post-launch free content updates have been nothing short of stellar this cycle....

Written By: Elliott Jenkins

Click here to view the article.
Old 01-04-2021, 07:30 PM   #3
Pro

Re: MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Wishlist - How to Make a Great Mode Even Better

I'd like to see:
1. More common/bronze/silver/gold legends and flashbacks. Put them in packs, make them Conquest rewards, etc. There are so many they would just need to add back from past years that would be a ton of fun. Bringing back more robust player progression programs would be great, too.
2. More offline missions (better yet just make all stat-based missions achievable in any mode).
3. More auto-generated options for putting together a lineup, like a random roster button or a filtered best lineup roster, (i.e. team only, best max gold lineup, etc.) Would also be nice to be able to filter by whether a card has accumulated a certain kind of stat, too.
4. Moments for every program should be completely optional. Give me stat grinds (available offline) instead.

Last edited by brunopuntzjones; 01-04-2021 at 07:35 PM.
Old 01-05-2021, 09:15 AM   #4
#ITFDB

sbmnky's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm having the most fun with the Show in years after jumping into DD for the first time - and still playing the game daily. I've read that this years lineup diversity has been great, which sounds reasonable since I rarely see the exact same players in my RS games, but I rarely change my squad, especially at this stage in the game.

I know we can use different players on our own, but there isn't much incentive to do it. I don't think fatigue is the answer - may it is? (4 games one, 1 game off?) - but having a max number of games each card can play in a given RS could enhance the change even more. The details aren't clear to me, and complexity/challenge for a "fair" max increases given the variety of games played per user.

Thoughts and suggestions?
Old 01-05-2021, 10:14 AM   #5
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I wrote my thoughts in another thread and won't re-hash them.

But I will say one thing...if we have to play vs the same Live Series teams in Conquest all year next year...I may barf.

It makes SO much sense for SDS to use "best squad" lineups for CPU teams in that mode (and as an option for Play vs CPU). So, you get to play vs the best team-specific lineups in the game (vs just Live Series). As new cards get released, they automatically go into 'the pool'. SDS can even mix it up, making some maps "Live Series" and some "best squads".

It has a few pluses:
1. It's essentially 'free content' from a development cost standpoint after the initial code is written. Could you imagine playing the USA Map now vs those loaded lineups? That would be fun and even if you didn't have a lot of stats to grind, it would freshen-up the challenge. (As an aside - I would make map missions, but not hidden rewards, all repeatable aside from player rewards to add a little reward for repeating a map).
2. It gives players a chance to 'scout' newly added cards. They just add some crazy good pitcher? You have a chance to see him in action and get a feel for him.
3. It will allow for content to scale as user teams get better. User teams will always have the advantage as they will take players from different teams. But, this will even it out a bit.

Now, the counter-argument to this would be that it is not friendly to new users coming into the game a few months into the cycle. I disagree. As new content gets released, a new user will have more opportunities to quickly upgrade their squad. My alternate team (started in the 11th inning program) is nearly all diamond across the board - and I haven't touched a single moment/showdown or purchased anything in the market...just played a few Conquest maps.

This "Ask" is very much an offline-player centric one. Online guys are likely going to plow through any new map and go right back to RS. But for strictly offline guys, this change would add some legs to the mode, especially during the 'sunset phase' we're in right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2021, 01:54 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 6
One request we 've been asking for years - use our DD team in season/franchise mode.
Old 02-23-2021, 09:47 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I wrote my thoughts in another thread and won't re-hash them.

But I will say one thing...if we have to play vs the same Live Series teams in Conquest all year next year...I may barf.

It makes SO much sense for SDS to use "best squad" lineups for CPU teams in that mode (and as an option for Play vs CPU). So, you get to play vs the best team-specific lineups in the game (vs just Live Series). As new cards get released, they automatically go into 'the pool'. SDS can even mix it up, making some maps "Live Series" and some "best squads".

It has a few pluses:
1. It's essentially 'free content' from a development cost standpoint after the initial code is written. Could you imagine playing the USA Map now vs those loaded lineups? That would be fun and even if you didn't have a lot of stats to grind, it would freshen-up the challenge. (As an aside - I would make map missions, but not hidden rewards, all repeatable aside from player rewards to add a little reward for repeating a map).
2. It gives players a chance to 'scout' newly added cards. They just add some crazy good pitcher? You have a chance to see him in action and get a feel for him.
3. It will allow for content to scale as user teams get better. User teams will always have the advantage as they will take players from different teams. But, this will even it out a bit.

Now, the counter-argument to this would be that it is not friendly to new users coming into the game a few months into the cycle. I disagree. As new content gets released, a new user will have more opportunities to quickly upgrade their squad. My alternate team (started in the 11th inning program) is nearly all diamond across the board - and I haven't touched a single moment/showdown or purchased anything in the market...just played a few Conquest maps.

This "Ask" is very much an offline-player centric one. Online guys are likely going to plow through any new map and go right back to RS. But for strictly offline guys, this change would add some legs to the mode, especially during the 'sunset phase' we're in right now.
Id get rid of Showdown and put that formula in as a part of your idea with Conquest. Like a Conquest map with boss challenges and different stat grinds. Let's say your playing for a Diamond Chase Utley (Wishful thinking) you need to hit a certain amount of doubles with your second baseman, once you unlock him, and decide to repeat the map, instead of Utley, you'll get a Balling pack or something along those lines.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-24-2021, 02:57 PM   #8
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2

Something I’ve always wanted them to do is have every card in the game sellable. There are some things I don’t ever want to do, like Moments, but I’m forced to because it’s the only way to get certain cards. There might be someone else who likes doing Moments, but doesn’t care about the reward, but if it was sellable, they could play what they like, then sell the card they don’t want to help pay for one they would.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »