Home

What Are You Working On? (Returning) - MLB The Show 22 Edition

This is a discussion on What Are You Working On? (Returning) - MLB The Show 22 Edition within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2022, 09:49 AM   #177
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: What Are You Working On? (Returning) - MLB The Show 22 Edition

Seems like the market hasn't taken a big shift yet today

We should start a thread solely based on market movements... Like br cards are super low. Pennant race cards actually do seem super low right now last I checked. Good for collections down the road to pick that stuff up
Old 04-05-2022, 10:24 AM   #178
MVP

papadell's Arena

Any server issues today? They sent a tweet out apologizing for disappearing cards and stubs. Wasn't sure if that meant the servers were bad or just general communication
Old 04-05-2022, 11:46 AM   #179
MVP

I pulled tatis!

I could sell him for 158k or maybe have him at 3rd over live devers. Idk why they did his defense so wrong this year. I think I'm gonna keep him regardless.

Currently using Rollins at ss. Prob won't touch my regular team until im done with br and then the event after that.. Maybe the new Witt will be my ss after friday
Old 04-05-2022, 12:04 PM   #180
Rookie

ravens_yankees's Arena

I am trying to figure out what to work towards next after getting Moose yesterday. I’m interested in Mayer, but not sure I want to make the stub investment yet, so may just focus on building back up my balance as I’m around 20,000 stubs.

I would like to get Soriano from the event, Andrew Miller from BR, and D-train from ranked, so I guess I’m going to hold off on another run of mini seasons to make some progress there. I’m up to 4 event wins and 2 points in BR.

For ranked I was really enjoying my silver team and won both my games, and it was a good challenge. I was kind of inspired by a couple of posts yesterday about pack only or only going online through cards that were pulled from packs. And was also inspired by the Home Screen that said 99 cents for 1000 stubs.

So I started pricing out a team for less than 1000 stubs, but was working last night and took some shortcuts and went 74 and below, but I don’t think it’s much more than 1000 stubs.

My lineup:
SS Andrelton Simmons
LF Ian Happ
1B JD Davis
3B Yoan Moncada
CF Aaron Hicks
C Reese McGuire
2B Willi Castro
RF Lars Nootbar

Bench - James McCann, Tommy La Stella, Gleyber Torres, Tony Kemp, Elvis Android

Rotation - Sixto Sanchez, Patrick Corbin, Kyle Hendricks, Shane Baz, Toulon Toussaint

Bullpen - Trevor Richard’s, Michael King, Clay Holmes, Richard Rodriguez, Tim Mayza, Phil Bickford, Yimi Garcia, Brooks Raley

I figured I’d only update my ranked team with stubs/packs earned from ranked. I played two games with the team and was outmatched in both. The first game I kept kind of close, but the second game I just couldn’t compete. Managed to hang until the bottom of the 8th with two outs before I was mercy ruled.

I did replace Pivetta after the game with one of the buy orders that came through. I am anxious to get 17 more innings to get my first pack and hopefully upgrade somewhere. I think what I’m going to do is either upgrade with the player in the pack or rewards, or use the sell now price for upgrades.

I expect it to be a little rough at first but I’m hoping this will be a way to use some players I wouldn’t normally do and make smaller upgrades along the way.
Old 04-05-2022, 12:05 PM   #181
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Struggling through my first Mini Seasons run as my swing timing has been crap thus far. I have two "god squads" in my league (one team has Johnson and a PV DeGrom and likely Mussina). The PV DeGrom gave me fits...

Wound up grabbing a couple of the online mode rewards (Doby, Chipper and Pedro) to bolster my squad a bit. Doby is always a personal favorite of mine and he has already delivered. I also decided to buy the last two lower diamonds from the LAD to lock-in Gibson.

REALLY hoping for a lefty Legend reliever in today's Headliner pack (I don't care if it is Franco or Wagner). I don't have a LHP in the pen right now and it is hurting a bit.

Looks like they are doing a program around the City Connect unis. Don't care about the unis; I think they're all hideous. But, I am definitely ready for a program as long as it isn't all Moments.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2022, 12:38 PM   #182
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Struggling through my first Mini Seasons run as my swing timing has been crap thus far. I have two "god squads" in my league (one team has Johnson and a PV DeGrom and likely Mussina). The PV DeGrom gave me fits...

Wound up grabbing a couple of the online mode rewards (Doby, Chipper and Pedro) to bolster my squad a bit. Doby is always a personal favorite of mine and he has already delivered. I also decided to buy the last two lower diamonds from the LAD to lock-in Gibson.

REALLY hoping for a lefty Legend reliever in today's Headliner pack (I don't care if it is Franco or Wagner). I don't have a LHP in the pen right now and it is hurting a bit.

Looks like they are doing a program around the City Connect unis. Don't care about the unis; I think they're all hideous. But, I am definitely ready for a program as long as it isn't all Moments.
Is SDS going to do anything about the god squads going up against teams that are no where close to their caliber? Not crying wolf, but just curious.

Also i have a question. I know we have to cycle through our starting and relief pitchers due to fatigue, but do the opposing teams have to as well? Does it happen automatically? I didn't notice if they automatically changed starters.

Last edited by extremeskins04; 04-05-2022 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-05-2022, 01:05 PM   #183
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Also i have a question. I know we have to cycle through our starting and relief pitchers due to fatigue, but do the opposing teams have to as well? Does it happen automatically? I didn't notice if they automatically changed starters.
In Mini Seasons? Yes they do rotate. In Conquest they match the spot you pick in your rotation (ie, if you pick your number one, they pick theirs, you pick number 4, so do they).
Old 04-05-2022, 01:16 PM   #184
Rookie

I've seen a bunch of complaints about how quickly pitcher stamina drains in 3 inning games, but I have to say I much prefer it to last year. Having to manage you bullpen makes these games so much more engaging than they used to be. If you were playing off line last year you basically didn't need to ever use relivers.

Same with pinpoint being a bit harder to. I feel like last year the expected people to struggle a lot more with it when it was actually incredibly easy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »