Home

What Are You Working On? (Returning) - MLB The Show 22 Edition

This is a discussion on What Are You Working On? (Returning) - MLB The Show 22 Edition within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2022, 12:38 PM   #97
Rookie

ravens_yankees's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What Are You Working On? (Returning) - MLB The Show 22 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH35
These app notifications of people pulling a bunch of diamonds are making me jealous. I haven’t had one yet.
I feel like I’ve opened quite a few packs and have had just one so far. Hoping it’ll even out soon.
Old 04-03-2022, 12:42 PM   #98
MVP

What are people doing with their stubs? I'm at 100k and have no idea where to start. I usually start with collections but I haven't done that yet. I'm halfway done with Nation map and hope to finish that today but it's kind've a bummer I'm only making progress towards these legends cards I'm not going to use for the xp

I bought a extra mantle card by accident on launch night for like 20k so I'm hoping that price will go up after regular launch.

Last year I use like 60-70k stubs on the Adley prospect card and got it to p5 but a few weeks later he was down half the price so I've been reluctant to buy cards so far

I see everyone likes the Mauer cover card and I'm still using bronze Sanchez lol
Old 04-03-2022, 12:44 PM   #99
Rookie

ravens_yankees's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by papadell
I'm actually stoked for the Longoria assuming I win. And it doesn't feel like a safe assumption that I'm going to clobber the CPU right now. Between my team being fairly low-rated, Pinpoint being more difficult and the CPU at least appearing to have better logic this year; the offline games I've played so far have included some very sweaty games.
Just not playing a live series opponent and the improved logic I definitely agree. It’s a challenge that I wasn’t expecting, and I like it.
Old 04-03-2022, 01:09 PM   #100
MVP

papadell's Arena

So I lied. I hopped into a MS game and got the 3 errors for the mystery mission and then quit out and have been quitting out to get to the playoffs.

You don't lose stamina for quitting at least in MS.

This is actually a godsend because I had a couple of games go to extra innings and my rotation and bullpen have been getting abused. I'll be fully rested for the playoffs.

But fyi that if you go this route to get to the playoffs you don't lose stamina like you did in Ranked last year on quits. I don't know if this applies during Ranked as well because no pitches have been thrown while doing this so we'll see how that shakes out.
Old 04-03-2022, 01:12 PM   #101
MVP

papadell's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValhallaVikings
What are people doing with their stubs? I'm at 100k and have no idea where to start. I usually start with collections but I haven't done that yet. I'm halfway done with Nation map and hope to finish that today but it's kind've a bummer I'm only making progress towards these legends cards I'm not going to use for the xp

I bought a extra mantle card by accident on launch night for like 20k so I'm hoping that price will go up after regular launch.

Last year I use like 60-70k stubs on the Adley prospect card and got it to p5 but a few weeks later he was down half the price so I've been reluctant to buy cards so far

I see everyone likes the Mauer cover card and I'm still using bronze Sanchez lol
I'm going after Cover Mauer before anything else. Then I think I'll go after the AL East because I want Mussina. I'm not actually interested in the Live Series as a whole this year at all. So I won't be rushing to complete collections and will be selling off stuff that I don't need or care for and use it for what I want.

I invested in the Manga cards because they were fairly cheap and I think there will be more with a possible collection in the future. There's no way they stop at 5 of these because they're absolutely sick and no way they only pay out a single pack if you collect them all.

I'll hold them for a while if they don't spike like crazy on regular launch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2022, 01:17 PM   #102
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValhallaVikings

I may be biased, but I think the Pujols card is worth the stubs. Can play 4 positions, P5 will have max contact vs R, 100+ power against R and L. I also suggest the cover Ohtani. I’ve been batting him leadoff in conquest and he’s been killing the ball. I actually like using him so much, his live series is going to be my next big purchase when I get enough stubs. Also, count me as someone who loves the Mauer cover card.
Old 04-03-2022, 01:56 PM   #103
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

I sold two diamonds and two golds to get the 60K that I needed to get Pujols. Honestly, I have a hard time not seeing him in my lineup all year. Now starts the slow climb earn some stubs. Next target is Arenado for my Cardinals collection.
Old 04-03-2022, 02:05 PM   #104
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Logos not showing up for me in presentation elements on PS5 appears to be fixed with this morning's patch. Pre-release bug that they obviously already knew about and had a fix in the pipeline for.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »