Home

Plans for Kevin Owens

This is a discussion on Plans for Kevin Owens within the Dirt forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling > Dirt
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2015, 02:35 AM   #9
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Plans for Kevin Owens

The term "step down" in the report is a little over-dramatic when there really isn't a higher step to go to once you're feuding/have feuded with John Cena. Everything is a step down after that, really.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:03 AM   #10
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Yeah, I don't think anyone thinks KO is ready for the main event picture but when you got him hanging with Cena and looking super strong then shunt him down to midcard hell well then...it's disappointing. I like PVarck31's idea of having Owens take the title and make it look strong and meaningful by being a big bully against the midcarders.
I completely disagree that Owens isn't ready for the main event. If there was ever a "rookie" that could hold his own and excel at that level right away, it's Owens. I'm not sure what else he would have to show to prove that. Outside of Rollins, Reigns and kind of Ambrose, this is the typical bull**** that comes from going to NXT to the main roster.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 07-22-2015, 09:12 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

There is nothing wrong with KO being put down a peg. The main event scene right now is Seth Rollins and John Cena and Brock Lesnar. KO isnt gonna stay on that tier all year round.

What can they do with him to keep him at the top of the card? Force him to Cena again? Give him a WWE title shot after failing with the US belt for 3 months? Lesnar?

I knew there was going to be a "too much talent" problem with WWE calling up everybody and their momma this past year. Here we are. KO has joined the mega mid card scene.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2015, 10:15 AM   #12
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

But none of that is the case. Lesnar goes for like 3 on and 3 off. If Sheamus and Orton are at the top, why can't he feud with them? Every top feud doesn't have to be Cena or title. And it's difficult to say they have a talent when they're still throwing Big Show and Kane into ****. Then they keep Ambrose, who was on fire, off of PPV?

Unless something changes, this is no different than them bringing up talent to throw them into a main feud and then having nothing for them afterwards. The list is ridiculous:

Wyatt
Bo
Rose
Big E
Ceasaro
Woods
Ascension

I'm sure I'm missing someone else. They don't have a talent problem; they just don't know how to manage their talent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 07-22-2015, 10:51 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

There is no way for WWE to manage all their talent in a way that they are all main event talent. When KO gets main event time, some one goes down. When Rusev gets the spotlight, someone else goes down. Bray gets top heel shine, Rusev is put down. Its just the nature of the beast. WWE is notorious for mismanaging superstar's heat but they have alot of superstars to be managing. I wont pretend to have the answers. But it seems like they have too much talent to make everyone happy 100% of the time.

As for KO, there is nothing wrong with him being brought down after this Cena feud. He lost the feud. He doesnt have momentum. He'll find a new face to pick on and hopefully he keeps the crowd's attention. But considering there are no top tier faces other than Juan Cena, I dont see KO getting any main event burn for a while.

Just keep in mind, Zayn, Balor, and Itami are next in line for a call up, as well as other nXt talent. So its not gonna get much better in terms of managing talent. They just called up 3 new Divas and seemingly are giving them two segments a week. So thats more male stars being left off the cards. Its getting crowded.

Last edited by kingkilla56; 07-22-2015 at 10:53 AM.
Old 07-22-2015, 11:17 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 4
Plans for Kevin Owens

They should just throw everyone in to a battle royal each week for the title. This way everyone can always be "main event."

On, On, On, To Victory!!

Gamertag: stewgilligan
Old 07-22-2015, 11:25 AM   #15
Rookie

Agatorfan's Arena

OVR: 0

KO and Cesaro should have a feud. Cesaro is starting to become upper mid card(he was in the main event twice on raw) and both could use a feud right now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2015, 11:28 AM   #16
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

King, all of that is logical and make sense but I'm not sure we're necessarily arguing about the same thing. My issue is more that they promote these nXt guys, throw them in a main feud or feature feud and then have nothing for them after, no matter the reaction they get or how well they do. The Shield and Paige are the exception to this. Everyone else they've debuted is either still doing nothing (Wyatt, Bo, Rose) or just now catching on (Big E, Woods).

There's no planning outside of their initial debut. Owens is just another example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Last edited by TheShizNo1; 07-22-2015 at 12:25 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling > Dirt »