Home

MAJOR Name Returning to WWE (on Fox)?

This is a discussion on MAJOR Name Returning to WWE (on Fox)? within the Dirt forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling > Dirt
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2019, 01:02 PM   #1

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
MAJOR Name Returning to WWE (on Fox)?

http://www.pwinsider.com//article/12...ealed.html?p=1

Would be huge if true. I get if he doesn't want to wrestle anymore, but he'd be a great analyst. We saw him on commentary on the old NXT and he got to say whatever he wanted.

And working in the Fox studio, likely has him not having to deal with all the craziness that goes on in WWE like changing plans, producers in your ear for entire show and all that. I feel the Fox show could have more freedom.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2019, 01:09 PM   #2
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MAJOR Name Returning to WWE (on Fox)?

I would enjoy this. Punk loves wrestling, and I fully believe he has some passion left for it. This opens the door for the potential for him to have one more run, but also lets him be him and allows a working relationship without a direct line or Vince to Punk.

This would be pretty cool.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2019, 02:10 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

It's true and Punk is willing to work with Vince and co. He basically said as much during his Starrcast interview with Mike Johnson of PWI last month. He said he wasn't going to be the one making the call to Vince but if he saw that Vince was calling him he would answer the phone.

Also the main reasons why he doesn't want AEW is how they (especially Tony) handle talking about him in the media. And when they offered him a contract earlier this year, they lowballed him. They offered him less than the EVPs are making, which if you believe what Dave said the WWE offer was to Kenny was 25M over 5 years. And I imagine they are getting paid similar to that in AEW.

Last edited by redsox4evur; 09-27-2019 at 02:19 PM.
Old 09-27-2019, 02:36 PM   #4

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

He'd be working for Fox, not WWE, so I could see him taking that pay check.

I wonder if he will be able to criticize the product and be real.
Old 09-27-2019, 05:55 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

Sounds like it's pretty much a nail in the coffin for Punk ever appearing in AEW.

I'm not sure how they're gonna generate some noise now. Moxley was a big acquisition but Punk I believe was the only other big name they could've grabbed IMO to get casuals to pay attention.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2019, 05:59 PM   #6

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
Sounds like it's pretty much a nail in the coffin for Punk ever appearing in AEW.

I'm not sure how they're gonna generate some noise now. Moxley was a big acquisition but Punk I believe was the only other big name they could've grabbed IMO to get casuals to pay attention.
Not a big name, but I was hoping Morrison would've gone to AEW. Actually surprised he didnt.

Over time they'll get other names from WWE eventually jumping over once those deals are up. For now just focus on putting together the best show possible and let all pieces fall in place.
Old 09-27-2019, 06:02 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Not a big name, but I was hoping Morrison would've gone to AEW. Actually surprised he didnt.

Over time they'll get other names from WWE eventually jumping over once those deals are up. For now just focus on putting together the best show possible and let all pieces fall in place.
As time goes on I just really think AEW's inexperience may end up being their downfall. You have to wonder how TNT views them? How invested are they? Are they going to treat this like a new show and give it a season or so before pulling the plug on it if it does poorly in ratings? There's so much unknown. Not to mention that it sounds like they're staying on the $50 PPV train in 2019...that's not very sustainable.

Anyway, I'd like to see Punk back in WWE...to this day I've never watched a match of his other than seeing him in a couple Rumbles I've randomly watched and I think I watched the MITB 2011 match.
Old 09-27-2019, 07:41 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
As time goes on I just really think AEW's inexperience may end up being their downfall. You have to wonder how TNT views them? How invested are they? Are they going to treat this like a new show and give it a season or so before pulling the plug on it if it does poorly in ratings? There's so much unknown. Not to mention that it sounds like they're staying on the $50 PPV train in 2019...that's not very sustainable.

Anyway, I'd like to see Punk back in WWE...to this day I've never watched a match of his other than seeing him in a couple Rumbles I've randomly watched and I think I watched the MITB 2011 match.

I’m going to imagine if they can draw anywhere around 1M viewers on average every week TNT will be thrilled. The big issue with TNT is that they don’t have much in terms of original content. Last check I did in like April/May, they only had 4 returning original programs this 2019/20 television season.

I’m not 100% sold on him wrestling in WWE but I wouldn’t be shocked if come next year some he becomes the 3rd seat on SD alongside Cole and Graves.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling > Dirt »