Home

CFB 25 Generic Plus Face Comparisons

This is a discussion on CFB 25 Generic Plus Face Comparisons within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-20-2024, 10:25 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: CFB 25 Generic Plus Face Comparisons

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
Not to be the bearer of bad news, but NONE of your real life players photos work outside of Penn State.
I will revisit the school sites and edit the links to hopefully get them working.

― Plato
Old 05-20-2024, 10:36 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Travis Hunter.

Spoiler

― Plato
Old 05-20-2024, 10:40 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Links should be working now. Let me know if any aren't. I didn't do every single possible shot in the trailer, but these are the ones I thought were clear enough to try and look at to compare. Due to me having an HDR monitor the contrast and brightness may be a bit off for you all when you view it. I could have taken the snapshots on one of my other monitors, but I was honestly too lazy to move the window over there.

Feel free to share any comparisons you want to look at as well. If you don't know how to take a snapshot to make a comparison, just post who you want to compare and I will go back and get the shots and post it for you.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2024, 11:00 AM   #12
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm glad that I wasn't the only one to do the comparison. Generic faces was a huge sore spot for previous NCAA's and current Madden.

I really like what they've done and the outcome of this tech.
Old 05-20-2024, 02:43 PM   #13
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jweakland
I am curious if players will have the helmets on the whole time or if they’ll have them off on the side lines. I tried looking in the background during the trailer but couldn’t find an answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I examined the video released last week, as well as all screenshots, and unfortunately it doesn’t appear that any players will ever have their helmets off. Not even on the sidelines.

Now this could all be captured from an earlier build, or perhaps they don’t want to show that at this time, but my money is on helmets being on 100% of the time.

Which is a bummer, especially considering how often helmets come off during play, but also with the likeness of the players not being able to be shown in greater detail.

I’ve seen people say that Hunter is wearing a ski mask or head cover in these shots. Maybe Canes can tell with his lighting, but under the helmet is too dark to see if they scanned his face in with that on. Or if that maybe is an accessory option within the game to give players.
Old 05-20-2024, 03:01 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

I didn't see a ski mask in the Hunter scenes. This is the scene I saw was in question when people were talking about the ski mask. With HDR, it's clear there is not one.

Unless I am misunderstanding what type of mask he is supposed to be wearing because his neck is abnormally dark here, and it doesn't seem it would just be due to shading.

If it is one of the head covers that wraps around the head, but has the whole face cut out, maybe he does have that on. It's difficult to tell, but his neck is definitely darker than it should be if it were just his skin.

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 05-20-2024 at 03:32 PM.
Old 05-20-2024, 04:16 PM   #15
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Yeah, perhaps it is the head cover and not what we would consider a mask. It’s tough to tell, but your pictures are the clearest I’ve been able to get a look at it. Something to keep an eye on. I’m guessing a select few players might have their faces scanned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2024, 08:00 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 0

This system makes me wonder if they got permission to use real player images to create generic faces for recruits/CAPs. My dream scenario is 500 faces made with AI which used real player faces to create the generic faces. We could then change the hairstyle to whatever we want. I'm not hopeful for the ability to change hairstyles, but it would be a great addition.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »