Home

OS Memory Lane: A Reminder About How Insane We Were About Finding NCAA Football Early

This is a discussion on OS Memory Lane: A Reminder About How Insane We Were About Finding NCAA Football Early within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-21-2024, 09:44 AM   #17
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OS Memory Lane: A Reminder About How Insane We Were About Finding NCAA Football E

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I vividly y remember my local EB Games calling me on a Monday afternoon to tell me that my preordered copy of NCAA Football was ready for pickup. I'm doing 90 on the highway...back in those days the Speed Limit was 55 mph. I'm rushing to the mall to get the game. I arrive at the store, get to the counter, give my name, and let them know that I had just received a call saying that I could come and pick my game up. The guy behind the counter is looking at me like I'm mentally challenged and he has no idea what I'm talking about. I tell him about the call I received from the young lady, and he tells me "they haven't received their shipment yet"...I know he's lying through his teeth. So, I go through the who spill about how I wasted gas and time coming down here and I feel like they need to stand on their word...to no avail. Needless to say I left that store pissed...and stayed pissed for about 8-9 hours until I could go and pick the game up the next day.
For Madden 2005 my local GameStop was releasing I think 8pm the night before the official release. They called said it was ready to pick up. So I go there and there’s an angry mob there and it turns out they called before they actually had the shipment. They were expecting it but never got the shipment that day. I was graveshift at that time and took the night off to get it and play it. Not so fun times lol.
Old 06-21-2024, 02:54 PM   #18
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: OS Memory Lane: A Reminder About How Insane We Were About Finding NCAA Football E

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
I drove past EA’s headquarters yesterday and part of me really wanted to go in and tell the receptionist I was Caleb Williams’ guy and I was there to pick up his early copy.

I know it absolutely positively wouldn’t have worked.
Yeah, but bro, how do you know for sure it wouldn't have worked.

Think about it!
Old 06-21-2024, 03:01 PM   #19
Rookie

jared16evans's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Yeah, but bro, how do you know for sure it wouldn't have worked.

Think about it!
You miss 101% of the shots you don't take...
Old 06-21-2024, 03:23 PM   #20
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
I drove past EA’s headquarters yesterday and part of me really wanted to go in and tell the receptionist I was Caleb Williams’ guy and I was there to pick up his early copy.

I know it absolutely positively wouldn’t have worked.

You had a chance to shoot your shot...and you passed! I'm ashamed of you lol!
Old 06-21-2024, 10:03 PM   #21
Rookie

noarmsduck's Arena

Search is disabled, how do you find these threads?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2024, 10:25 PM   #22
1ke
Rookie

1ke's Arena

OVR: 1

FYE (remember those) in 2005...

That is the one time I found the game early. I drove from Milwaukee to a super small mall in a suburb of Chicago to get the game after calling about 30 different stores.

Imagine my excitement hen the clerk says we have it and were selling it. My best friend at the time and I printed directions and hit the road. It all worked out and I had the game 4 days early. Favorite 1:10 drive I've ever done.
Old 06-21-2024, 10:34 PM   #23
Persona Non Grata

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

I always thought Mom and Pop stores were great just for the fact you could get merc before the official release. But then I started asking around, most of these ''Mom and Pop's'' don't even have kids. They are usually elaborate con's looking to score, big-time. Its all an act.
#44Syracuse
Old 06-21-2024, 11:30 PM   #24
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by noarmsduck
Search is disabled, how do you find these threads?
You can honestly just go back to a very old thread on this specific forum and then just look for the dates in early to mid July for each year. They're usually going to be very long threads.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »