Home

First look at Recruiting in CFB25!

This is a discussion on First look at Recruiting in CFB25! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-02-2024, 06:45 AM   #49
Rookie

Limadawg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: First look at Recruiting in CFB25!

When I preordered mine it said it would be playable on July 15th at 4:00pm
Old 07-02-2024, 08:53 AM   #50
Pro

OVR: 1

Layout looks good but the most necessary thing is that menus cannot be laggy.

Every single other EA sports game, the menus are so slow. They have too much happening and the game takes forever to do the simplest thing. EACFB is a game where so many of us will spend time in the menus and if they are any way like NHL or Madden (Or NCAA 14) it's going to be very frustrating.

Not everything needs to animate to appear on the screen. Some things can just appear or already be there. It's like someone discovered animations for PowerPoint for the first time.

Last edited by fnz21; 07-02-2024 at 09:23 AM.
Old 07-02-2024, 09:37 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 0

Seeing archaic positions like LE or maybe ROLB is a little disappointing. Some recruits in NCAA 14 were clearly generated to be 3-4 OLBs (for example) due to their size and skill set matching some REs and LEs. However, the players themselves didn’t seem to realize it. So if you needed a defensive end for your 4-3 you could recruit a 3-4 OLB and change his position. Kinda annoying to have to do that. Just having one EDGE group would be ideal. But I lived with it then and will this time, too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2024, 09:48 AM   #52
All Star

OVR: 8

The 35 targets seems quite low considering that is the same number that was allowed on NCAA 14 and we now have 10 extra roster spots. Although, when you consider that you only have 600 hours for the week then the available points might be too tight to add more (of course they could just increase the number of available hours to make up for that).

It might help if a lot of them commit early in the process to give you a better idea of when to shift your target focus.

Aside from that I kind of like it. As someone mentioned, it's kind of a hybrid of the overly cumbersome phone call/pitch system and the overly streamlined point allocation. Hopefully it's a good middle ground.
Old 07-02-2024, 09:59 AM   #53
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
The 35 targets seems quite low considering that is the same number that was allowed on NCAA 14 and we now have 10 extra roster spots. Although, when you consider that you only have 600 hours for the week then the available points might be too tight to add more (of course they could just increase the number of available hours to make up for that).

It might help if a lot of them commit early in the process to give you a better idea of when to shift your target focus.

Aside from that I kind of like it. As someone mentioned, it's kind of a hybrid of the overly cumbersome phone call/pitch system and the overly streamlined point allocation. Hopefully it's a good middle ground.
I am curious what the difference between prospects and targets is. I agree that 35 seems a bit low, especially with that matching the scholarship limit. While I'd love it, I don't expect the game to ever represent real life where you might be in contact with 200 kids at once. I get that we'll have a smaller amount of kids to constantly connect with in the game than in reality.

Maybe you can still contact prospects, but only targets can schedule visits or something along those lines? Prospects can be scouted and have basic contact? Seems a little redundant to do it that way, but there must be a difference. I guess we will find out shortly. It could just be as simple as prospects are guys you are interested in but don't want/don't have the space to target at that point in time.

I guess the list could also just literally be all the recruits like normal. Probably is that after thinking about it.

― Plato
Old 07-02-2024, 01:37 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 6

I don't like the 100% scouted thing (didn't read in depth to see if there was any variance even at 100% though).

I think there should always be some kind of "boom/bust" in ratings outside of just finding Low star recruits with high ratings and high star players with low ratings.

But hopefully I just missed something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »