Home

EA CFB 25 Custom Playbook Thread

This is a discussion on EA CFB 25 Custom Playbook Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-15-2024, 08:33 AM   #1
Pro

Jeffruel's Arena

OVR: 0
EA CFB 25 Custom Playbook Thread

One of my favorite things about the game is being able to make own custom playbooks. Figured we could make a thread to share playbooks, ideas, schemes, plays, etc. as well as just some general playbook talk.

Helpful link posted below for the playbook database. Can search by formation concept, etc. https://cfb.fan/playbooks/

Last edited by Jeffruel; 08-08-2024 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Add Link
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2024, 09:11 AM   #2
Just started!

Re: EA CFB 25 Custom Playbook Thread

i'm gonna start out as an OC in dynasty so im only gonna make a custom offensive playbook. my number 1 goal as a coach is to get my players drafted so i'm gonna create a pro style shotgun scheme that matches the trends of the nfl so my players will have tape that shows gm's that they can fit into any system, none of that gimmicky triple option bull****. it's gonna be shotgun based and i'm gonna take elements of the shanahan/mcvay offense and use primarily bunch formations and heavily utilize outside zone to marry the run and the pass with play action. then i'm gonna implement parts of the mike mcdaniel scheme and use timing based crossing routes over the middle and a bunch of motion. the run game will be alot of outside zone like i said but i'm also gonna mix in a lot of gap running, mainly counter to play off of the heavy amount of motion i'm gonna use.
Old 07-18-2024, 07:15 PM   #3
Just started!

Has anyone had an issues selecting a custom playbook as the default in their dynasty mode? I have to switch it from the default version to the custom version in the pregame menu every time because only the default/school versions come up when I try to change in Dynasty scheme settings.
Old 07-18-2024, 07:44 PM   #4
Rookie

peaster68's Arena

Same issue. Going to mess with it later and try to find a work around.

Also have had where custom playbooks won’t download.
Old 07-18-2024, 09:13 PM   #5
bb9
Rookie

bb9's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by busystuf
Has anyone had an issues selecting a custom playbook as the default in their dynasty mode? I have to switch it from the default version to the custom version in the pregame menu every time because only the default/school versions come up when I try to change in Dynasty scheme settings.
I don't think you can do it. Hopefully they patch it in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2024, 09:27 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

It's the same in Madden and it was the same in NCAA 14. It would be a new feature and I doubt they'd add that in now after release.
Old 07-18-2024, 09:31 PM   #7
Pro

Jeffruel's Arena

Yep same issues we’ve had in Madden a few years now. Not the end of the world but very annoying.

On the positive side, I’ve finished my first 2 playbooks. Got a few more on the horizon. I’m away from my PS5, but once I get back gonna give some details about my Harding playbook and spread triple option playbook.
Old 07-18-2024, 11:16 PM   #8
All Star

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt2053
It's the same in Madden and it was the same in NCAA 14. It would be a new feature and I doubt they'd add that in now after release.

It was definitely not like that in NCAA14. I used both custom offense and defense playbooks as my dynasty’s playbooks in the coach’s screen or wherever you could assign them.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »