Home

HELP: Custom Conference Questions?

This is a discussion on HELP: Custom Conference Questions? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-09-2024, 01:26 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: HELP: Custom Conference Questions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp73
Now I am noticing a few scheduling issues. I have 3 home and 5 away conference games.
Seeing the same thing when setting up 8 conference games, very unbalanced conference schedule for many teams. I changed to 9 conference games and the conference schedule gets more balanced, that is, all teams play 4 home and 5 away conference games or vice versa. Not ideal but better than having mostly (if not all) conference games at home or on the road.
Old 09-09-2024, 07:11 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
FWIW - and there's been a few threads on this - I am not sure anyone has been able to definitely prove that custom conferences cause scheduling issues. I believe many of the issues folks have seen happen even in the default "vanilla" conference setup.

I am open to being wrong, and maybe certain configurations jack things up, but it's pretty clear that the scheduling logic in the game is pretty buggy. It seems like changing your own schedule is more likely to break things than custom conferences.
I’ve definitely seen issues with “vanilla” conferences: unbalanced schedules, 5 straight road games, etc.

I don’t say this to give anyone a pass, but I think schedules are really difficult to generate. Every sports game I’ve played has or had issues. I haven’t played madden in a few years but I know there were issues there in the past and mlb the show couldn’t figure out rotating schedules and even this year the games in year one had schedule issues; ie teams playing way too many day games. And these are games with 30 or 32 teams and no customization. A brand new game with 134 teams with custom conferences and schedules, there were bound to be issues.

All that being said I hope they can get it sorted out.
Old 09-18-2024, 09:45 PM   #11
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0blong00
I’ve definitely seen issues with “vanilla” conferences: unbalanced schedules, 5 straight road games, etc.

I don’t say this to give anyone a pass, but I think schedules are really difficult to generate. Every sports game I’ve played has or had issues. I haven’t played madden in a few years but I know there were issues there in the past and mlb the show couldn’t figure out rotating schedules and even this year the games in year one had schedule issues; ie teams playing way too many day games. And these are games with 30 or 32 teams and no customization. A brand new game with 134 teams with custom conferences and schedules, there were bound to be issues.

All that being said I hope they can get it sorted out.
I’d agree about it being tough, but this wasn’t an issue in NCAA 14. I changed conferences and shuffled things repeatedly and it worked flawlessly. My conference games rotated home/away every year like clockwork. It was balanced at 4/4 or 4/5 then 5/4 when I had 9 games.

Granted, I’m sure the programming since then is very different, but hopefully they can look back at that coding to figure it out.

I want to move the teams to the PAC in 2026 including mine, but last time I made the PAC I got 3 total conference games. So that makes me worried, it would destroy immersion. As it is I’ve probably got 2-3 weeks till I reach that year. Hopefully it’s fixed

Major Boise State fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2024, 10:25 PM   #12
All Star

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
I’d agree about it being tough, but this wasn’t an issue in NCAA 14. I changed conferences and shuffled things repeatedly and it worked flawlessly. My conference games rotated home/away every year like clockwork. It was balanced at 4/4 or 4/5 then 5/4 when I had 9 games.

Granted, I’m sure the programming since then is very different, but hopefully they can look back at that coding to figure it out.

I want to move the teams to the PAC in 2026 including mine, but last time I made the PAC I got 3 total conference games. So that makes me worried, it would destroy immersion. As it is I’ve probably got 2-3 weeks till I reach that year. Hopefully it’s fixed

Unless it’s an online dynasty you can always save a copy, make the changes, and sim ahead to see what it looks like. I changed my Pac12 in 2025 and I’m now in 2030 and have never had any problems with them (although I’ve never played in the Pac12, but I check conferences every year).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »