Home

Ncaa 2004?

This is a discussion on Ncaa 2004? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2005, 08:41 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Ncaa 2004?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalTiger
From the couple of games I've played of 06 so far, I see no reason to put 04 away. I'm sticking with 04.
dude......i love 04....i am in my 16th season and have 1 national championship. i am a coach only player and i have played a half on my sons ps2. i played on all-american with default sliders and after 1 quarter of play me(mid-ten state at bama, it was tied at 14) bama scored on the 2nd play from scrimmage on a 47 yd busted coverage and kick-off rt and i drove down the field and threw 2 PA td passes inside the 5. BUT- i still love 04 and will always play it. after i finish my 30 yrs i will pick a new team to start with and begin again......happy gaming to all.....tommy
Old 07-12-2005, 08:48 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Well for those of you that love 2004. I have mine on ebay for 1.99.
Old 07-12-2005, 08:52 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by utvols
Well for those of you that love 2004. I have mine on ebay for 1.99.
uh,okay?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 01:48 AM   #12
Q**tt*rs N*V*R W*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxgator
I have played 2004 on a weekly basis since the game first came out. I skipped the '05 version for obvious reasons. Now I am debating on whether it's worth to buy '06. NCAA 2004 is just so damn fun and smoothe.
Ditto!
Old 07-13-2005, 12:50 PM   #13
1 J*hn 4:9,10

QuasiHero's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I was wondering if anyone could compare '04 to '06.
i'm also a big fan of '04. i skipped '05 but went ahead and got '06. so here are my comparisons based on 3 games and poking around the other features over a 5 hour period.

- the ability to send in different personnel packages is a big plus. now i can line up steve breaston at QB to run the option just like in real life. if the defense's #2 corner gets hurt, i can immediately switch my two WRs with one push of the button (to get my #1 WR matched up against now their #3 corner) and take advantage of the mismatch. i know you could do this manually in '04, but it's much much quicker to do in '06.

-"impact players" is not that dramatic of a feature. if you know your roster well enough, you know who your impact players are without the white shadow under them. if you scout the other team's roster just before you play them (which i do), you know who the opponent's impact players are.

-ball physics and DB animations appear to be more realistic. in '04, the ball could just bounce around like a pinball among a group of players. i haven't seen this in my first day. and in '04, half of your pass breakups happened when your DB gets in the perfect position, gets two hands directly on the ball only to have the ball bounce of his brick hands, and corso ridiculing the DB. now, the pass break-up animation has the DB reaching his hand out at the last moment to make the play. it's a complete 180-turnaround in emotion. instead of cursing at your DB for dropping an easy pick, you celebrate because your DB made an awesome play.

-as you turning the corner when running around a defender in '04, the defender will turn his torso toward you and run with you an inch away from you, but does not make any attempt to tackle. in '06, the defender will make the dive in attempt to tackle from behind. this is a welcome change.

-i cheesed the CPU by recuiting speedy QBs in '04 and could get away with running outside the pocket and having a field day. in '06, the chances of you succeeding with this tactic is dramatically decreased. the DE isn't glued to your T anymore.

-if this matters at all, you can get away with more celebration.

-run blocking, especially downfield, appears to be smarter. (thank goodness, i had WRs in '04 blocking the wrong defenders)

-the CPU seems to make adjustments to your defensive tendencies. on one play, i was in a 4-3 and shifted my strongside DT WAY over to the weakside leaving a hole in the defensive line. on the following play, the CPU ran the ball exactly to that hole. coincidence? i'll be paying attention.

-in '04 you could call audibles and hot routes as soon as you break huddle. in '06, you cannot call those until the QB is set in position. this has been siginficant because there is a lot less time to make these adjustments. in '04, i could call 3-4 audibles until i was happy. in '06, you just don't have this much time. this is for the better.

-there is apparently coverage audibles for DBs and spy audibles for LBs. so if you are a strategy geek like me, this makes the game deeper.

that's it for now. if i notice anything else major, i'll come back and post in this thread.

Last edited by QuasiHero; 07-13-2005 at 01:01 PM.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:16 PM   #14
Rookie

ufer2's Arena

OVR: 3

Love the Tom Harmon pic Quasi. I gather you are a Michigan fan by your post, but I also noticed that you hail from the left coast. Curious if you like Harmon 'cause he was a California boy - or just one of M's all-time greats?

I have a Harmon exact replica leather helmet under glass that I bought from the university about eight years ago. Cost me a pretty penny, but it is SO sweet.

Nice to see EA give ole 98 his due by making him the greatest Wolverine back ever on the Michigan All-Time roster!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Helmet.jpg (46.8 KB, 258 views)
Old 07-13-2005, 01:58 PM   #15
1 J*hn 4:9,10

QuasiHero's Arena

OVR: 6

whoever can identify the person in my avatar AND has "ufer" in his name is a true michigan man. glad to hear from you. i like harmon because his son is my favorite actor...

...just kidding.

i am from the left coast, but i do have a couple of degrees from michigan. harmon is THE greatest wolverine of all time and i use his picture as my avatar because he repesents the deep and rich history and tradition of michigan football.

and i love that helmet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 02:39 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Just picked this up for xbox. I haven't owned a college football game since Dreamcast. I've read this is the "Best College Football Game" made to date. I'm not looking to spend $50.00 on 06. Read 05 was horrible. Have heard nothing but things about this title.

Looking forward to popping this is in & feeling that "Saturday Atmoshpere". It's been a while.

Can anyone point me to the best 04 sliders for this game if possible. Thanxs

BFJ

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »