Home

Recruiting strategies, tips, etc...

This is a discussion on Recruiting strategies, tips, etc... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2005, 12:00 PM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Recruiting strategies, tips, etc...

Has anyone been recruiting a guy in-season and he just disapears after a few weeks? He doesnt sign with anyone else, he's just gone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2005, 12:04 PM   #106
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontchancery
Has anyone been recruiting a guy in-season and he just disapears after a few weeks? He doesnt sign with anyone else, he's just gone.

Yeah that happened with two players.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 07-18-2005, 12:25 PM   #107
Pro

xfactor9600's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxyz
I am in my first year of a dynasty. I have recd 6 commits from the in season. 1 5 star OT, 3 4 star OLB, 1 4 star FS, and 1 4 star CB. I am a little worried though. This season I have had more NCAA infractions than in any other version I have played. I am playing Texas A&M. I noticed that 3 of my in season recruits have poor attitude rankings. I am concerned that the NCAA will be down my neck. Does anyone know that when I get to off season recruiting I can up my discipline slider like in past versions?
Yes, you can reallocate your discipline percentage at the start of the offseason.

-Byron Larkn-
During Xavier's Defeat of #1 St. Joe's in the 2004 A-10 Tournament.

Hawkeye Hideout!
Xavier Hoops!
Old 07-18-2005, 12:49 PM   #108
Rookie

OVR: 2
Icon14 Re: Recruiting strategies, tips, etc...

I just finished the first season of my Dynasty with Notre Dame, going 10-2, ranked #8.

Most interesting was the recruiting...I had the best recruiting class in the nation...hell, the best recruiting class I've had in any interation of the NCAA series.

I finished with 9 5*, 14 4* and 1 3*

I was ecstatic, needless to say. I also got two recruits that will likely be starters. One was a kicker who kinda sucks...because, unfortunately, I didn't nab the kicker I was targetting. The other was a defensive end who was ranked 80...which was better than any returning players on the roster.

Pretty awesome, huh?
Old 07-18-2005, 03:59 PM   #109
Rookie

OVR: 4

I need to rethink all my past recruiting ideas. I usually take Bowling Green and I would never look at a two star player, let alone a one star. In past versions it was one 5 star and a bunch of 4 and 3 starts. Now, I can get some 3 star guys, but not as many and I need to think of two star players as "good". Heck, I might even have to get some one star guys now. I think they have done a great job with recruiting this year.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:16 PM   #110
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm into a bowl game in my first dynasty year at Cincinnati and thought I'd share what I've learned so far for those who are interested. First, only Ohio is a pipeline state primarily because UC is a 2 star prestige team and lost a ton of players last year including several NFL draft picks and 4 all conference performers. The team I inherited has some positives and negatives, I'll start with the positives. They have a stud senior DE, a solid SS, MLB, Kicker and Punter. The rest of the DLine, linebackers and defensive backs are mediocre. The offensive line only has two good players, the left tackle and center, both of whom are seniors and the backup C is a senior so you have to recruit 2 centers. They have a couple of decent QBs, one really good RB who is only a soph. and some other good running backs. The highest rated player on the team is the TE at 85, he's nasty and only a junior. For recruiting I only targeted pipeline guys and noticed I can only host guys for visits when I am the #1 school at their list. I did find it interesting that after they visited the comments said they had given me a soft verbal but if I won the game the weekend they visisted they committed soon after. I nabbed a 4 star QB, WR and CB (who is 6'5") and a 3 star DE and FS which were need positions. I play Notre Dame in the Orange Bowl tonight, i'll let you know how it goes and if there are any decent players available in the off season recruiting, a lot of good players commit during the season.

Tips for running the ball: use your backup RB on occasion to mix it up, run in every direction and use play action only when you know they won't have more than 7 guys in the box, use motion to get their defense to react to find out if they are in man or zone coverage. And the ultimate running tip, if you get to the outside and have one man the spin to the middle works better than a standard juke.

Peace, I'm outta here!!!
Old 07-18-2005, 04:37 PM   #111
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by happypg
I need to rethink all my past recruiting ideas. I usually take Bowling Green and I would never look at a two star player, let alone a one star. In past versions it was one 5 star and a bunch of 4 and 3 starts. Now, I can get some 3 star guys, but not as many and I need to think of two star players as "good". Heck, I might even have to get some one star guys now. I think they have done a great job with recruiting this year.
Your right, and it looks like the line between a 2,3, and 4 star recruit has been blurred a bit more. You can get some pretty good players at the two star level. They might have some discipline issues or one other glaring weakness but when your playing with Temple, as I am, you have to take some chances so you don't end up with a bunch of walk-ons after recruiting ends.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2005, 05:10 PM   #112
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by happypg
That was so frustrating last year, when I intentionally killed OSU to make recruiting harder, BGSU was stockpiling 5 * defensive players, I was mystified.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »