Home

Will they fix Michigan's helmet for the 360 version???

This is a discussion on Will they fix Michigan's helmet for the 360 version??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2006, 12:42 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Will they fix Michigan's helmet for the 360 version???

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Does this actually ruin the game for anyone? Is it that big of a deal? Who here uses a camera angle that you can see the difference during gameplay?
same with shoes, facemask color, hair movement, sweat.. if the gameplay sucks, i wont be playing the game long enough to even care about all that "cool stuff".

this stuff and even jerseys dont add to the lasting appeal. atmopshere and gameplay is where its at imo.

its like a supposed nice car you just bought. it has the best stereo, navigation, and the most comfortable seat youve ever seen, but it drives like crap. is the stereo enough for you to continue to drive it?

it certainly seems like nextgen sports games have taken their focus on gameplay and graphics as a forefront option. i love it

Last edited by RubenDouglas; 05-30-2006 at 12:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2006, 12:50 PM   #42
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Does this actually ruin the game for anyone? Is it that big of a deal? Who here uses a camera angle that you can see the difference during gameplay?
Ruin the game? No.

Is it a big deal? Absolutely.

As for the camera angle, let me put it this way.
This is what you should see before the snap of the ball:

And here's what you're actually going to get:

It's screwed up, in the same way a Nebraska helmet would be if it had an
"N" instead of an "N" .

Imo, it's something you're going to notice everytime UM lines up. I haven't seen any shots of the back of the helmet, but from that screen it appears that the stripes may or may not converge in the back. Not good.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:58 PM   #43
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Ruin the game? No.

Is it a big deal? Absolutely.

As for the camera angle, let me put it this way.
This is what you should see before the snap of the ball:

And here's what you're actually going to get:

It's screwed up, in the same way a Nebraska helmet would be if it had an
"N" instead of an "N" .

Imo, it's something you're going to notice everytime UM lines up. I haven't seen any shots of the back of the helmet, but from that screen it appears that the stripes may or may not converge in the back. Not good.
I guess my definition of "big deal" is different then yours. My big deal is the lack of challenges or the constant QB fumbles in Madden 2006. Those things ruined the game for me. Is it bad that they have the helmet slightly messed up? Yes. But it doesnt ruin the game and honestly most consumers wont even notice. Only us anal OS types who complain about socks, shoes and helmet icons.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:10 PM   #44
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

Quote:
I guess my definition of "big deal" is different then yours. My big deal is the lack of challenges or the constant QB fumbles in Madden 2006. Those things ruined the game for me. Is it bad that they have the helmet slightly messed up? Yes. But it doesnt ruin the game and honestly most consumers wont even notice. Only us anal OS types who complain about socks, shoes and helmet icons.
The only thing we seem to disagree on is that for me, something can be a "big deal" w/o necessarily being a game-killer. I agree that the fumble issue in M360 is a far more serious issue, but at least EA could reasonably claim that it didn't make it into the game because of time constraints, etc. No such excuse applies here. EA's art team screwed up, pure and simple.

As for your point about only us OS-types noticing this, if the game gets released with the UM helmet like this you'll need earplugs to drown out the howls of indignation from the Michigan message boards.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:29 PM   #45
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Maybe the art team for the 360 version are grads from Mich St & Ohio St and did it just for spite?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2006, 01:34 PM   #46
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
Maybe the art team for the 360 version are grads from Mich St & Ohio St and did it just for spite?

There is a possible precedent for that. In NCAA 2002, the was a logo on the wall of Ben Hill Griffin Stadium that read "Home of the Flordia Gators". There was speculation at the time that some Seminole fans in the EA art dept. were behind the screw up. I don't know if that was true, but I sure hope it was.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »