Home

"Momentum is overdone!" is psychological...

This is a discussion on "Momentum is overdone!" is psychological... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2006, 06:54 PM   #17
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: "Momentum is overdone!" is psychological...

Quote:
Originally Posted by juk34man
why dont it?

it even shows under mommentom

plus players wasnt improving that much in previous versions....I heard people say that there players take a hugh blow in ratings too
Obviously a player's abilities will fluctuate as momentum shifts, but the numbers you see on the depth chart do NOT factor in momentum. The depth chart shows the overall momentum inpact (in the top right corner of the screen I think) but the actual overall ratings do not reflect it.

I don't know how else to put it...can someone help me out?
Old 08-22-2006, 07:53 PM   #18
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

I don't think momentum is as bad in 360. However, on the PS2 the momentum's effect on turnovers is ridiculous. I'm not sure if it's a combination of momentum and HFA, but NCAA has never had this many problems with ints and fumbles. It sucks because NCAA is my favorite game, but the enormous amount of turnovers is (shall I say) game killing? Well maybe.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:14 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
I don't think momentum is as bad in 360. However, on the PS2 the momentum's effect on turnovers is ridiculous. I'm not sure if it's a combination of momentum and HFA, but NCAA has never had this many problems with ints and fumbles. It sucks because NCAA is my favorite game, but the enormous amount of turnovers is (shall I say) game killing? Well maybe.
thats exactly what i say
Old 08-22-2006, 09:32 PM   #20
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I hate the momentum meter. Another case off over development. There is no need for it. Just rate the players, and let the math take over. Players will string periods of success together to give the appearance of momentum, and they will also have their slumps.

Not to mention that I already hate the graphic of those helmets banging into each other after every play.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:29 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
So current gen still has the HFA feature PLUS the new Momentum? I have the 360 and HFA isn't even an option on it. Doesn't bother me, either, but I ended up having to play with it OFF because it caused to many turnovers and drops.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2006, 10:56 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 6

I enjoy the momentum in NCAA it really adds to the realism..360 btw. I play on pro yea pro with some heavily tweaked sliders and after playing a great deal on AA when I switched to pro both "superman db and lb's" and 'crazy momentum" is toned down. It's shipped on pro..play it that way and tweak the sliders for a more competative game.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:14 AM   #23
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks
I enjoy the momentum in NCAA it really adds to the realism..360 btw. I play on pro yea pro with some heavily tweaked sliders and after playing a great deal on AA when I switched to pro both "superman db and lb's" and 'crazy momentum" is toned down. It's shipped on pro..play it that way and tweak the sliders for a more competative game.
You mean Varsity? Yeah, some guy suggested that in the sliders section. I have given them a shot, and the momentum does seem toned down.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:56 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 6

Ya meant Varsity musta had madden on my mind or something. But this is the first year that i can have a competative game on varsity! Also you just see more on this level...retured kick offs, more yac, break away runs missed short fg. etc..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »