Home

Official NCAA 08 Wishlist (PS2/XBox)

This is a discussion on Official NCAA 08 Wishlist (PS2/XBox) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-05-2006, 04:29 PM   #9
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Official NCAA 08 Wishlist (PS2/XBox)

I would like Dynasty mode to have a coordinator option. I would like to be able to hire, fire, or lose coordinators due to the success of my team. That would force me to get a new coordinator and my playbook would be affected by this. Something like this would keep my dynasty interest longer because the plays I call would be affected by the coordinator's preferences. I realize now you can always just change your playbook and you could simulate this at some level. I think you would also have to have a head coach role that might specify what the majority of the types of plays your team runs, so that will accomadate head coaches that have a lot of influence over the team's offense or defense.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:39 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom_23
Key word is "can" put more resources. Do you think they actually would?
Well they would have free timesheets of the people who work on the current gen to work on the next gen. It couldn't hurt. Hell, maybe they would even have uniforms done before bowl week of real college football.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:10 PM   #11
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by soce
I know this wont be popular but I do wish it so I will say it. I wish that in '08 EA would only make this game for new platforms and abandone the ps2 and xbox. That way they can put more resources to the new one.
Put that in a 360 wishlist you selfish bastard lol!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2006, 08:51 AM   #12
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

You guys have covered just about everything in 1+ pages in this thread, which is a good sign.

NCAA '08 on Xbox/PS2 (which I assume will be the last version EA puts any kinda effort into on these two platforms) could be as close to perfect as a videogame can get.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 10-06-2006, 09:21 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

While the playoff system would be a GREAT addition, it won't happen. As long as the BCS is in place the way it is, the NCAA will not allow EA to deviate from the current format of choosing a champion.

We won't see a playoff system until the BCS adopts one or the BCS is dissolved.

I don't think the coordinator option will get in either. In college football, the coach is more of the face of the team. Coordinators get a lot less mention than the head coaches. I'm sure this option is in Madden because coordinators become head coaches a lot more often and generate much more press so they are actually known as opposed to college coordinators that most people only know because they root for that particular team. Plus, with 119 D1 teams, that is lot more to program into a game than just 32 NFL teams. 3 coordinators for Madden for each team=96 people. 357 for NCAA.....

As for the other suggestions (except to abandon current-gen), I think they all would be nice additions.

EDIT: just thought of another addition to the wish list.......

Instead of making us replace a D1 team with a D1aa team, why not allow full scheduling in dynasty to play as a D1aa team. Better yet, let us choose when we start a dynasty whether we want to play a D1 or a D1aa dynasty! If we choose D1, then if when we play any D1aa schools, they can be generic in stats and roster. If we choose to play a D1aa dynasty, make any D1 teams the same way. Generic rosters and stats - just base them on team prestige. Make D1aa prestige relative to D1aa. A D1aa 6* prestige team should not be any better than a 1 or 2* D1 team. Take that into account when we schedule D1 teams. And as an added bonus, we could get a playoff system with D1aa since they actually have one.

Finally, going out on a limb here.....let us take a D1 1* star if we want and 'demote' them to D1aa. Let us take a D1 school and replace a D1aa school with them and play as a D1aa school. Maybe give them some kind of generic stadium to play. Temple would be great to move to D1aa but wouldn't look right playing Hofstra at Lincoln Finiancial Field......make a generic on-campus stadium.

ok, I'm done.

Last edited by JIMIHEMMY; 10-06-2006 at 09:31 AM.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:41 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Online dynasty/franchise

Not sure which you'd call it, probably dynasty, but I believe it's essential to the future of online gaming for NCAA.

Many people who play online would love to play dynasty, but laught at the competition the computer presents on any level. I think it'd be essential to have dynasties online and would bring together the best of both worlds.

I know this sounds a little easier said than done, but maybe it's possible on the next gen systems. Set up would be a lot similar to what is done to enable madden players to do the same with their franchises'. Of course, that means we'd need an EA Locker as well.

Also, in order to properly implement this, we'd need to be able to have more than 12 teams per dynasty (the current setting), and we'd also have to be able to have 100% control over schduling. Currently, you can not change your in confrence games. Obviously, in order to run a league (unless you were going to go with a full out 118 team league or whatever) you'd need to be able to change the schedules, essentually making each user controlled team an "independent" if you will.

I think doing this would not only enhance the play of NCAA, but also for madden. Think about it. I think it'd be kind of cool to recruit players and be able to play their careers in an online league in ncaa and then transfer that over to madden and continue the legacy. I know I for one would love to run a league that intertwined the two if it were possible.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:54 AM   #15
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMIHEMMY
While the playoff system would be a GREAT addition, it won't happen. As long as the BCS is in place the way it is, the NCAA will not allow EA to deviate from the current format of choosing a champion.

We won't see a playoff system until the BCS adopts one or the BCS is dissolved.
That really sucks too, cause it was a great feature in NCAA '98.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2006, 10:04 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
That really sucks too, cause it was a great feature in NCAA '98.
Yes it was. Which is also the year that the BCS in the form as we know it now was created. Before that was the Bowl Alliance (1995-1998) which was the Bowl Coalition (1992-1995) before that.

I believe the BCS was not officially ratified until after NCAA '98 was too far into development which is why they were able to include a playoff system until the BCS came around. The Alliance and Coalition were affliated with the conferences and bowls but not the NCAA itself. The BCS is tied to the NCAA which is why a playoff won't be allowed until the NCAA and BCS allow it.

....and please don't get me wrong. I believe that there should be a playoff system and would rather have at least the option in the game of a playoff system. I'm just trying to point out why it won't happen and should not be on a wishlist until it happens is real life.

Last edited by JIMIHEMMY; 10-06-2006 at 10:27 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »