Home

NCAA = SOA...same old atmosphere

This is a discussion on NCAA = SOA...same old atmosphere within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2007, 01:12 PM   #9
Rookie

mgddog56's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA = SOA...same old atmosphere

I have to agree. I know they're two different sports but I feel like MLB '07 The Show has created the best atmosphere ever in a sports game. The crowd is great and actually reacts to what's going on down on the field. Each field has it's own "character" such as the role call at Yankee Stadium, sound of the waterfalls in the outfield in KC, sound of the L train outside Wrigley, fans yelling things in overdone Boston accents at Fenway, etc. etc. Also, you also feel like the commentators are actually watching the game rather than using the same canned lines game after game.
NCAA '08 looks great from a gameplay, animation, and dynasty standpoint. I feel like if they add more atmosphere to NCAA '09 including more dynamic crowds, "character" for the bigger stadiums, and improved and varied commentary the game would truly be awesome.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:42 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Last year the atmosphere was much better in the Xbox version than the 360 one IMO. Hopefully EA will do a better job with the 360 version this year.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:57 PM   #11
Banned

Alburt Poohole's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygunn
Is it me or does this look like the same exact game we've been playing forever now. I'm a big atmosphere/pagentry guy. Do I have to hear the same boring drum cadences after every first down? It's been the same for years now! How about some more clever band interaction? College bands add a HUGE amout to game day atmosphere but they are woefully absent in the NCAA series. GIVE ME SOME ATMOSPHERE DAMN IT!!!!!!
Its definately just you...Band Interaction?????...I've really heard it all now...To each his or her own but its stuff like this that makes a company like EA realize they will never please everyone....In all my 20+ years of gaming I have never heard one person complain or even suggest that more needs to be added to the game by way of the BAND???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2007, 02:12 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alburt Poohole
Its definately just you...Band Interaction?????...I've really heard it all now...To each his or her own but its stuff like this that makes a company like EA realize they will never please everyone....In all my 20+ years of gaming I have never heard one person complain or even suggest that more needs to be added to the game by way of the BAND???
to each his own there albert, some like the pageantry of college football. the band is a big part of that albert. peace
Old 06-17-2007, 02:37 PM   #13
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300

Without the atmosphere, college ball is just a glorified high school game.
How do you figure?
Old 06-17-2007, 03:03 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 7

As I've been stating since goodness knows when, this is why EA, 2K, etc. need to put out two versions of their football games. One a bare bones online version, the other with all the bells and whistles (ie. "band interaction", recruiting, cribs, etc, etc.) requested by the solo gamer.

They took "my" advice and put out NFL Head Coach or whatever it was called for the wannabe virtual Coach/GM's. They need to take my advice again.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:04 PM   #15
Pro

FAIRDALE_KINGS's Arena

OVR: 13

Wow... there are really bands that appear at College Football games?

Whenever they play during the game I'm always yelling for them to quit playing. And whenever they appear at halftime they are just the warm-up show for the Louisville Cardinals National Champion "LadyBirds" Dance Team and 12-time National Champion Cheerleading squad. Both teams were actually the 2007 National Champions. Oh well, I guess there are people that get excited about watching people march in line while blowing their horns. I'm just not one of 'em. These are probably the same people that tell you the "band" is the reason that there is a football game.

Last edited by FAIRDALE_KINGS; 06-17-2007 at 03:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2007, 03:13 PM   #16
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

we do need some team specific entrances...I would love to see Miami running out of the smoke at the OB, or Michigan running under the big sign, or Maryland rubbing the turtle, etc...also, we need some licensed music in this game for entrances, especially "Enter Sandman."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »