Home

Which team should I pick for 08?

This is a discussion on Which team should I pick for 08? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2007, 02:05 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40
Which team should I pick for 08?

I want to start a dynasty that I will play for 20-30 seasons, hopefully. I am going to start as a weak team, but I am not sure who to pick. I was thinking of picking University of Louisiana at Lafayette out of the Sun-Belt, Baltimore State out of the Mid-American Conference (MAC), or University of Connecticut (Uconn) out of the Big East. I am not sure who to pick. If you have any other suggestions for teams besides the ones I mentioned, feel free to post them too. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2007, 02:10 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Which team should I pick for 08?

what about Indiana Univ?

San Jose St.

Kansas

Baylor

I prefer taking a crappy big conference school and try and turn them into a power. But all the schools you listed sound cool.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:11 PM   #3
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

Go with ULM (University of Louisiana Monroe)
Old 06-26-2007, 02:49 PM   #4
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod1981
I prefer taking a crappy big conference school and try and turn them into a power. But all the schools you listed sound cool.
I also like his idea. BUT, I believe the longevity of a dynasty is liking your team. So pick a team you like, I would pick your favorite team.

Old 06-26-2007, 02:56 PM   #5
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Right, the perfect team IMO is a major conference school that has struggled for a long time, and doesn't have many pipelines for recruiting. That's a reason why I wouldn't go with a Stanford or Baylor - recruiting. Indiana or either of the Kansas schools could be fun. Any Big East school other than UL, WVU, and RU (maybe USF too) would work, too, and the ACC has a lot of options as well.

If all else fails, go with your favorite team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2007, 03:09 PM   #6
All Star

OVR: 24

I would agree, go with your favorite team.

Lets face it for 99% of the users the game is geared toward you improving the team. Either through winning more than the talent level or recruiting better than that team really should- or both. So regardless if ULL or whoever, the majority will eventually turn that team into a power in that conference without houserules and severe patience with difficult sliders.

I say take a team you enjoy. I tend to do a starter dynasty myself at first and then a little later do a Wisconsin Dynasty.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:57 PM   #7
Rookie

xedia's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
what about Indiana Univ?

San Jose St.

Kansas

Baylor
Darnit! I was hoping that getting to a bowl game would get SJSU off the crap team list. hehe, guess it'll take another run to a bowl to get them there.

I can say from personal experience that playing a team you like is much better than a random team.

If you are going to go with a struggling team, try maybe SMU. I have been wanting to do a dynasty with them, just so that I can be the coach that finally brings them back to respectability after the Death Penalty that destroyed that program oh so many years ago. I find that compelling real-life storylines help get me started in a dynasty. Or, maybe even something like Penn State, a pretty good team, but might be fun to see what its like to be the coach that follows a legend.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:09 PM   #8
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by xedia
Darnit! I was hoping that getting to a bowl game would get SJSU off the crap team list. hehe, guess it'll take another run to a bowl to get them there.
SJSU will have to win the national title fourteen times in a row for me to not consider them a "crap team".

Quote:
Originally Posted by xedia
If you are going to go with a struggling team, try maybe SMU. I have been wanting to do a dynasty with them, just so that I can be the coach that finally brings them back to respectability after the Death Penalty that destroyed that program oh so many years ago. I find that compelling real-life storylines help get me started in a dynasty. Or, maybe even something like Penn State, a pretty good team, but might be fun to see what its like to be the coach that follows a legend.
I definitely agree with this. I think my first Dynasty might be Indiana - I'll take over for Coach Hoeppner and lead the team on a magical ride to the Big 10 title in remembrance of good old Hoep.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »