Home

CPU vs CPU Discussion

This is a discussion on CPU vs CPU Discussion within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2007, 05:42 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: CPU vs CPU Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risin
I still have not bought a next gen NCAA or Madden.

My two favorite features are coach mode and broadcast camera angle.

Don't think I'll be seeing either this year.

I will get NCAA for the PS2 and Madden for the PC.
Same for me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2007, 10:11 PM   #42
Rookie

sorceri's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayWeL
If you think this is bad wait til' gamers get it home and find out there's no option to turn QB auto throw on thus no "Coach Mode".

ACK!!! Is this true?? I cannot play without this feature. Is auto throw available for PS3?? Anyone know??
Old 07-13-2007, 11:40 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceri
ACK!!! Is this true?? I cannot play without this feature. Is auto throw available for PS3?? Anyone know??
It hasn't been confirmed but I haven't heard anybody talking about it.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:54 PM   #44
Pro

bubba4's Arena

OVR: 6

I too love to watch CPU games and I am at a loss as to why they have not included it into their next gen football games. I heard that it is not in Madden this year too, which is a mystery because when you boot up Madden07 to the start screen and let it sit, a cpu game would break out. So the model for an AI game is there. It seems as if some folks at EA are not paying attention here, or like a lot other gamers, they've underestimated how just many of us take advantage of this feature. Besides, if you have a great next gen game, what better way to show it off to potential customers than to have it play out a glorious cpu game in a broadcast view at the game shop? I don't get it. But thank goodness there are other sports game makers that do.
Bubba4
Old 07-14-2007, 01:46 AM   #45
Pro

OVR: 7

I'm currently playing NCAA 08 on the 360 and am completely bummed out that this feature has been removed. Especially because this is my first time playing NCAA on the 360 and the game feels and looks great.

I have a feeling I may be buying a PS2 version next week if that version has the ability to watch CPU vs. CPU games. I'm so disappointed by this. I feel like I'm over-reacting a little but now I realize how much I liked this mode.

I gotta hear the explanation from EA on why this was removed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2007, 02:02 AM   #46
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksolo12
I'm currently playing NCAA 08 on the 360 and am completely bummed out that this feature has been removed. Especially because this is my first time playing NCAA on the 360 and the game feels and looks great.

I have a feeling I may be buying a PS2 version next week if that version has the ability to watch CPU vs. CPU games. I'm so disappointed by this. I feel like I'm over-reacting a little but now I realize how much I liked this mode.

I gotta hear the explanation from EA on why this was removed.

But you can still watch plays with Super Sim right?

I know you have to hit the button every time, which sucks, but at least it's better than last year, when I resorted to playing the defense of one team, asking Corso, then switching over to the other team on a change of possession. I know that sounds extreme, but when a game like West Virginia vs. Louisville comes up on the schedule, I like to see it in action.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:27 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 9

There is NO CPU versus CPU option in the game...
Super Sim does not allow you to view the actual play...only a text of the result of the play...

If watching the game play itself is a high priority to you, then you will be 100% disappointed by this game again. If actually PLAYING the game yourself is a priority, then it is my opinion you will enjoy the game a lot.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:16 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 7

Ok guys,

I went out and purchased the PS2 version today just so I could have my CPU vs. CPU fix. I still don't understand why current gen has the and next gen does not. Oh well!!!!!

Someone mentioned in another thread that the PS2 & Xbox version are NCAA 7.5 and the 360 version is NCAA 08'. This could not be more true. It's almost as if EA completely forgot about the current gen versions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »