Home

*OFFICIAL* NCAA Impressions/Questions Thread (PS3)

This is a discussion on *OFFICIAL* NCAA Impressions/Questions Thread (PS3) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2007, 11:41 PM   #41
Rookie

Taitr23's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: *OFFICIAL* NCAA Impressions/Questions Thread (PS3)

I have the game. I have no way of getting pictures on my computer so to verify, can somebody with the game ask me a question that I would only know if I had it?

Ps3 Version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2007, 11:42 PM   #42
Rookie

Taitr23's Arena

That is me, same name. Go over to psx to verify
Old 07-13-2007, 11:51 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
i'll try... I am not very computer literate.
its really simple, in the following link, their a step by step tutorial.
PS3 HOW TO

Last edited by backbreaker; 07-14-2007 at 12:03 AM.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:21 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1

First off, for those with the game, thanks for taking the time to answer questions. As for me, i just have a few questions for yall about gameplay:

1. How is play in the secondary? In last years Madden games, it was to easy to complete the long ball, and to hard to defend it. Has this been toned down?

2. Fumbles- have there been a large amount fumbles making it an unrealistic stat?

3. Comment on the running game?

4. Is running with the QB toned down. It was way to easy last year. I had read where it was supposed to be, but ill trust your word with the game as opposed to others without it.

5. How advanced are the line of scrimmage controls? Hot routes, audibles, spies, etc?

6. I hated Madden 07, would i be wasting my money if i bought NCAA 08? Whats the early verdict?

Thanks for your impressions, and again, thanks for taking the time to do something you dont have to. Congrats on picking up the game early.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:33 AM   #45
Rookie

Taitr23's Arena

1. I feel the secondary play has vastly improved. I haven't completed any deep balls. The zone coverage can still be a little soft at times, but they are in the position to make a place if you user control.

2. I have seen 3 fumbles in 3 games, doesn't seem like an issue.

3. The running game seems pretty good. The blocks in front of you actually make sense. Running seems more difficult to do though this year. Just because it isn't as easy to ellude people.

4. Running with the qb is extremely toned down. They get dead tired very quickly and the defenslive linemen seem faster.

5. Haven't gotten real in depth.

6. No way, I love the game already. The gameplay is a lot slower than years past and that is my biggest gripe. I feel though with some time, I will get sued to that part.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2007, 12:35 AM   #46
Rookie

aucool's Arena

OVR: 3

1.Much better
2.No
3.Very realistic,You will not be disapointed
4.Yes Qbs can buy some time but are sacked if they try to hold on too long
5.Better than expected
6.No get it asap.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:35 AM   #47
Rookie

Nish4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
Not much, but it's another thumbs up. No one yet has said anything about the framerate thing being an issue. It's starting to look like 1up put a scare into the PS3 world for no good reason at all.
Trust me, after seeing and even playing some of the 360 version you can tell the frame rate difference. The 360 is so fluid, while the PS3 isnt bad, it still feels sluggish compared to the 360.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:42 AM   #48
Rookie

Nish4's Arena

1. The play in the secondary is pretty good. A few times I tried to throw behind the rec to see what would happen and the Db and FS broke off from their assignments and made plays on the ball in the air.

2. I dont think fumbles will be a problem, in fact i think it will be more realistic.

3. I LOVE the running game. This year you can clearly see the blocking assignments and holes opening in action. The total control over the motion allows you to weave through the line and juke out a LB, before getting to the secondary.

4. Running with the QB is toned down somewhat, but you still have to remember that in college football the option is a big part of some of the playbooks. I have been able to scramble will decent success, but not like the previous years.

5. Of offense you now have 8 hot routes, it is confusing to start, but it is very easy to adjust to and easy to call the hot routes (you use both analog sticks for routes).

6. You can never waste your money on NCAA. EA always puts out a quality college football game in NCAA and it is worth the money for the dynatsy mode alone, not to metion the online play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »