Home

Running the football (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on Running the football (PS3/360) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How difficult is running the ball on default AA?
Too Easy 15 13.64%
Perfect or darn close 69 62.73%
Too Hard 26 23.64%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-01-2007, 11:00 PM   #17
MVP

BaseballCtchr's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Running the football (PS3/360)

I run with the two headed horse for Clemson and rotate series so my guys stay real fresh but I have had a lot of sucess doing this. Just busted FSU for over 100 a piece for both Spiller and Davis. Both averaged over 5 YPC. So lately I have seen it as easy. But normally it seems just right.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:20 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 4

I'm doing horrible running. I get like 3.5 yds a carry. Maybe cuz Chris Markey got injured in the 2nd game of the seeason, but looking @ his stats right now he only had 3.7 yds a carry in 28 carries before he got hurt. I'm really having trouble getting big runs and stuff....maybe cuz my RB's arent super fast, but even just getting a big game running is pretty hard. This is thru 6 games in my UCLA dynasty.

on the flip side the other teams RB's seem to do pretty well against me. i havent played a dominating rusher yet. they break alot of tackles. But I dunno the running game has seemed kinda meh to me....people seem to be loving it so maybe it's my sliders or something. I'm using playmakers sliders. someone drop some knowledge.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:42 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

The fact that some people say it's too hard and some say it's too easy but most feel it's dead on goes to show this is really done about as well as it can be done in a football game.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-02-2007, 12:49 PM   #20
Banned

jfrost32's Arena

OVR: 4

First of all...I despise #2! Why would you want to take a guy foward when you see your own man bringing him back so they wont get the first down? Anyway...about the running game...I play as the Huskers since I live in Lincoln, and i like the running game alot. I have had some games where Marlon Lucky gets 150+ yards and is running well or there are some times when he gets maybe 70 all game. So it varies which is nice becuz I wont depend on one thing everytime I play. Also i think it depends on who you play. I payed against USC and I couldnt run very well but when I played against Iowa St. Lucky had 205 yds. with 3 TDs. I am using Playmakers sliders by the way...just to let you guys know. You have to call the right play at the right time and look for the openings.

Last edited by jfrost32; 08-02-2007 at 12:50 PM. Reason: cant spell
Old 08-02-2007, 01:11 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrost32
First of all...I despise #2! Why would you want to take a guy foward when you see your own man bringing him back so they wont get the first down?
That happens all the time in real football. I don't know how many times my team has stopped the opposition 1 yard short and some overeager LB runs in and tackles the guy who is stood up and the guy propels him 3 or 4 yards forward for the first down. It's completely realistic. Frustrating as heck though I know.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2007, 01:27 PM   #22
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Difficult... which is good but sometimes I feel I should get a little more.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:52 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 8

perfect for me on AA default
WASHINGTONWIZARDS
MICHIGANWOLVERINES
Old 08-02-2007, 02:57 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 6

I voted too easy, Every game whether it be in my Troy or Wisconsin dynasties on AA/Heisman I have had no problem averaging 5.5+ yards per carry. I follow my fullback, don't mash turbo and mix up plays, snap counts, and use motion. I may be in the minority but I have no issues running the ball at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »