Home

NCAA Football 09 Interview

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Interview within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2008, 11:23 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA Football 09 Interview

Great, I swear that I heard this last year.

I didn't think blocking was that bad last year. It was the "Jump the Snap" that ruined blocking. Say you're going to fix that and I'll take you seriously.

I ran away from lots of players last year. I don't think that was a problem.

How about fixing turnovers? How about instead of cheerleaders on the sidelines, we get entrances? How about all the things in last gen that just didn't make it in (bowl patches, endzones, etc.)?

Playbook substitutions, rosters that you can fully edit, no roster bugs, better pregame, etc.?

I'm done with Madden. I don't want to be done with NCAA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2008, 11:55 AM   #26
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Since 2000 I would hang on every new screenshot, interview, video, tiny morsel of news, anything that concerned the new college game. But that's all down the drain now, after last year enough was enough. Next gen football has been "playable" yeah, but that isn't nearly enough.

Anyone see the five or six second video clip on Sportscenter last night? It was of D-Mac running and juking in practice mode. Albeit it was labeled "work in progress" it looked and seemed exactly like last year's unnatural running animations.

Last edited by ex carrabba fan; 03-08-2008 at 12:03 PM.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:23 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

"When you looked at it on PS2, the cheerleaders were part of a cutscene. Now, you'll be driving down the field and you'll see them on the sideline doing stunts and cheers in unison, and it's really cool. That's the kind of stuff we want the fans to appreciate. The subtle things."

No Mr./Ms. Boyd. Thats the kinda of stuff the fans have been waiting for you to implement.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:54 PM   #28
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
"The PS3 version will run at 60 frames per second."
PS3 gamers, rejoice.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:03 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWarrior
"When you looked at it on PS2, the cheerleaders were part of a cutscene. Now, you'll be driving down the field and you'll see them on the sideline doing stunts and cheers in unison, and it's really cool. That's the kind of stuff we want the fans to appreciate. The subtle things."

No Mr./Ms. Boyd. Thats the kinda of stuff the fans have been waiting for you to implement.
Good call. If they would have taken 10 minutes last year or the year before, they would have read lists and lists of what people wanted. WE DO appreciate that stuff. That's why we buy The Show and NBA 2k and College Hoops 2k and NHL 08.
Old 03-08-2008, 04:24 PM   #30
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Blah blah blah.

I still play the hell out of NCAA 08 and I think it's a very good game, but come on EA.

You spout the same crap every year. "Improved atmosphere" has been one of the headlines for the last 20 years it seems.

Skip all of the fluff....no more stupid "Dorm Room" mode or Mascot games, etc.

How about this...

1. Quit taking out "added features" that have been in and out of NCAA for TEN YEARS NOW. That means don't take out Create a play...leave it in. Don't take out Homefield advantage....TONE IT DOWN BUT DONT TAKE IT OUT. Don't take out Create a Sign. Don't take out FORMATION SUBSTITUTIONS FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY!!!

2. Concentrate on GAMEPLAY...and I don't mean how to perform 287 special moves with the damn analog stick. How about.....decreasing every DBs ability to jump 60" and swat a ball down without even looking for it? Allowing the CPU QB to THROW DEEP? Making LBs play more like College Linebackers and less like some Bionic Ray Lewis with a 50" vertical, hands of Jerry Rice, and awareness of a Super Computer?

3. Take a giant cue from Sega's 2k College Basketball series and add in a preaseason show, a weekly wrap up show, and a BCS preview show. And don't tell me it can't be done...friggin' 2k's been doing it for 3 years now.

See EA. It's not that hard to improve on what I think is the second best sports title BEHIND College Hoops.

But I doubt I'll see much if any of the above. Instead I'll get "super duper spin move/crazy juke mode" and "create your own cheerleader".
Old 03-08-2008, 06:03 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbomb9887
there better be D2 teams i wanna play with sum app state
Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838
App State is DI-AA (now FCS) not D2.
But I hope they add FCS teams, plus D2 would be cool because my brother would play for his school just to be in NCAA.
From what I heard they once again left out 1-AA. Thanks EA, Your the Best!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2008, 11:03 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Blah blah blah.

2. Concentrate on GAMEPLAY...and I don't mean how to perform 287 special moves with the damn analog stick. How about.....decreasing every DBs ability to jump 60" and swat a ball down without even looking for it? Allowing the CPU QB to THROW DEEP?
I agree.

NCAA and Madden have the WORST cpu controlled QB AI of any game out there. It is not fun at all, defending little dink and dunk passes the entire game when playing the cpu.

If they do not give the CPU QB's the ability to attempt deep passes in either game this year it will be a shame.

Every team in both NCAA and Madden run the same passing offense and it's just horrible programming IMO..... that should have been fixed a long time ago.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »