Home

NCAA Football 09 Full Drive Video: IGN

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Full Drive Video: IGN within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2008, 10:08 PM   #25
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: full drive video BYU vs BC on IGN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
I feel that there needs to be more post play continuation. The game cuts to the playcall screen so quick after each play and it feels like the game is rushing you to call play after play. I wish we can have more than a few seconds seeing players interact as they are getting up and walking to the huddle. I don't mean constant celebration, high fives, or show boating antics, just simply moving to a huddle, wiping hands clean, adjusting equipment, and more.

I'm pretty sure the IGN guy was pressing buttons. Other videos showed the post play action alot longer. Guys helping each other up and guys getting into shoving matches. IGN makes all sports games look terrible. I never watch their videos expecting anything good, lol. The guy pitched the ball outta nowhere and also went for it on 4 and 5. SMH.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2008, 10:12 PM   #26
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

There was nothing wrong with that video gameplay wise(except for the known issues). Everything looked decent.

But that's the problem. Nothing stood out to me....it just seemed a little boring. The TD catch was nice and caught my eye a little bit, but nothing else really kept me engaged.

Thank god for online dynasties though!
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 05-15-2008, 10:20 PM   #27
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

1) That was the best gameplay video for NCAA yet. Hands down. Although that pitch was silly and seemed to be an accidental button tap (it still shouldn't warp to an OL).

2) The playbooks definitely were upgraded. There were several plays that I noticed that were in last-gen '08 (Mesh, Shallow Cross, PA Dagger, etc)

3) Someone on the sticks at IGN was mashing buttons at the end of the play to speed up the game for the video. No biggie there although I would like to see the post-play continuation as well.

4) Tackling seems improved.

5) As ODogg stated earlier, the snow finally doesn't look like I am playing on a pillow.

I'm still excited! 2 months away fellas! Call me Captain Positive Thinking right about now!
Old 05-15-2008, 10:21 PM   #28
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage

Do you all think maybe the "Powers that Be" asked the NCAA developers to keep improvements to a minimal, because of the backlash of sales on Madden last year?
No. Although Madden has been awful, I don't believe this to be true.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:21 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40

5) As ODogg stated earlier, the snow finally doesn't look like I am playing on a pillow.

I'm still excited! 2 months away fellas! Call me Captain Positive Thinking right about now!
Not only that but the snow game actually just looks cold...if they only had foot prints, sliding around and variable snow then we'd be sitting pretty.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-15-2008, 10:23 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Yeah, I am not sure what supposedly happened on that play but it looked wrong no matter what.

And I was about to post the same thing about the no footprints in the snow. And while it may be a tiny detail, its still annoying.
Hey OSers,

On that play, for some wacky reason, the running back pitched the ball to the right tackle!! Why? I don't know!! Why wasn't there a penalty called? I don't know that either!! I didn't jump in and say anything because I didn't wanna make Herstreit look like a complete moron for missing the call. Hope this gives you guys a clear picture of what happened. Hey!! As for the snow, we didn't wanna steal Madden's thunder.

Sincerely,

Lee Corso
Attached Images
File Type: gif lee.gif (5.1 KB, 281 views)

Last edited by blackngoldfan; 05-15-2008 at 10:28 PM.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:41 PM   #31
Pro

bubba4's Arena

OVR: 6

I can't tell TOO much from this video. I guess the game will be alright. I just wish they would show us some cpu vs cpu footage. If cpu games are in this year, I'd like to see it. That way I can judge just how much progress or regress the game has. Although we all love to see gameplay videos, I'd like to be able to see how the game PLAYS itself. You can gain so much more valuable info from a cpu game than many here realize.
Bubba4

Last edited by bubba4; 05-15-2008 at 11:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2008, 10:42 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
Hey OSers,

On that play, for some wacky reason, the running back pitched the ball to the right tackle!! Why? I don't know!! Why wasn't there a penalty called? I don't know that either!! I didn't jump in and say anything because I didn't wanna make Herstreit look like a complete moron for missing the call. Hope this gives you guys a clear picture of what happened. Hey!! As for the snow, we didn't wanna steal Madden's thunder.

Sincerely,

Lee Corso
Heh, yeah that was ********. However there shouldn't be a penalty, he can pitch the ball to whoever he wants.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »