Home

NCAA Football 09 Full Drive Video: IGN

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Full Drive Video: IGN within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2008, 10:54 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: full drive video BYU vs BC on IGN

One of the first running plays was encouraging...however, from what I remember of the little I played of '08 this looks to be largely the same game.

Also I think EA needs to switch to the tapping 'A' button to sprint instead of holding it. Players just have a real skating feel to them. Also though one of those runs looked nice, doesn't it just automatically do a couple of those shoulder jukes for you? I don't like not having that control. Give us more and betting working jukes that we can manually do instead of taking the easy way out and putting in a few animations that automatically go off

The passing game continues to look "clunky." The passes are throw too hard without enough loft on them. Not enough touch passing. The college passing game is not well represented at all and hasn't been on next gen ever. This really takes away from the overall feel of the game.

Tough to tell how the blocking is, but we see multiple times where the OLine gets blown up. Same as in the past....SMH. EA needs a pocket and touch passing BADLY to save this series or else they really need to give it the death penalty. New ball physics coming off the QBs hand please.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:58 PM   #34
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I think the tackle at 3:30 is one of the best tackling plays I've ever seen in an EA game. I which I could see it at another angle, because to me it seems like at least 3 if not 4 players try to get in on the tackle with nary a hint of a forcefield or bumper car animation sequence. I watched it over and over and it seemed much more organic than anything I saw last year, or ever before in an NCAA game.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:26 PM   #35
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I think the tackle at 3:30 is one of the best tackling plays I've ever seen in an EA game. I which I could see it at another angle, because to me it seems like at least 3 if not 4 players try to get in on the tackle with nary a hint of a forcefield or bumper car animation sequence. I watched it over and over and it seemed much more organic than anything I saw last year, or ever before in an NCAA game.
co-sign watched it a couple of times also. looks like 3 players were on that tackle along with one other player having his left arm in there. looked really organic and fitting. i also loved that missed arm tackle at 30 second mark

Last edited by drlw322; 05-15-2008 at 11:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2008, 11:32 PM   #36
Pro

JBucc's Arena

OVR: 8

I mostly liked what I saw. There were some problems like the perfect pitch while being tackled and there still doesn't seem to be enough variety in the passes, but as long as the major issues from last year are fixed (like turnovers) I think I'll enjoy this game.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:35 PM   #37
Rookie

scourge's Arena

OVR: 3

I think the odd play was the ball being knocked out and the tackle just happened to catch it. It didn't look right at all, but probably just a fluke.

Why does the running back seem to cut on every run even when he doesn't need to? I hope thats just the guy playing the game.

I guess the cheerleaders are cool for the atmosphere but shouldn't they be wearing sweaters in the snow?
Old 05-15-2008, 11:52 PM   #38
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba4
I can't tell TOO much from this video. I guess the game will be alright. I just wish they would show us some cpu vs cpu footage. If cpu games are in this year, I'd like to see it. That way I can judge just how much progress or regress the game has. Although we all love to see gameplay videos, I'd like to be able to see how the game PLAYS itself. You can gain so much more valuable info from a cpu game than many here realize.
Bubba4
I totally agree. The CPU isn't gonna go for it on 4th down and actually makes intelligent cuts. I don't know if the guy was doing it on purpose but he was straight cheesin' without any regard to fundimental football. It's funny, but when I was watching Steve's vid of Head Coach, the action really looked smooth and "sim." They really need to have a Cpu vs.Cpu video......

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 05-16-2008, 12:27 AM   #39
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Crowd seems a little improved. Not much, but a little.

Better snow, yes. But no footprints? And I'll bet every snow game looks exactly the same. After seeing all the various weather/environment effects in GTA, it just makes me sigh that EA can't give us anything in terms of environment.

Otherwise, nothing much worth noting. I'd echo what some others have posted: looks like 08 was the beta for this game. 09 = 08 with the bugs fixed. (And cross your fingers on that one.)
Old 05-16-2008, 12:49 AM   #40
Rookie

GetYaWeigtUp's Arena

OVR: 8

For those of you who think this is the same game as 08, your crazy. EVERYTHING looks way smoother then 08.

The pitch was a mistake, the guy obviously hit the wrong button. We've all done it before.

And the guy went for it on 4th down obviously because this is a video meant for the public to demonstrate a FULL DRIVE. He clearly went because he was trying to show off the game. He isnt thinking about cheesing the CPU, lol gimme a break.

And I think that some of the guys here are just to damn anal about this game. I mean get a life why wont you. You sit here and analyze every little aspect of this game as if its your life. "OMG no footprints, OMG no post play continuations." I mean geez, get over it. Its not that deep really. We all want a stellar game but sometimes when I surf around different forums I feel like everyone has OCD. Just overly compulsive about every last thing they see. Just enjoy what we have and be thankful you even have hands and fingers to even play a video game because some people don't.

Sorrry for the rant! Really!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »