Home

Interview questions for Fairdale Kings?

This is a discussion on Interview questions for Fairdale Kings? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2008, 10:51 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Interview questions for Fairdale Kings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Fairdale,
How long from start to finish do you put in on the rosters? Also after all that work and hearing the same music in the menu's do you get to the point that you are humming the songs without even knowing it.

Thanks for the time and I love all the work that you put in on this on a yearly basis.
These are great questions, keep them coming fellas!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-09-2008, 11:50 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Ok guys I'm putting the interview questions together today so if you have anything you want to ask about be sure to post them today.

Thanks!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 06-09-2008, 01:06 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

For Online Dynasty...Can the commissioner use the roster file when he creates the dynasty, and how will that affect the other teams, online and cpu, in the dynasty?

Last edited by GlimmerTwin; 06-09-2008 at 01:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2008, 02:28 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlimmerTwin
For Online Dynasty...Can the commissioner use the roster file when he creates the dynasty, and how will that affect the other teams, online and cpu, in the dynasty?
I can answer that for you, the commish, the guy who starts the dynasty, uploads the roster file and that is the file everyone will use. So be careful about joining leagues with people you don't know. And if the commish is a Gators fan check out the Gators ratings to make sure he didn't make everyone 99, LOL!! I know that sounds stupid and unlikely but I guarantee you someone will do it.

Old 06-09-2008, 02:38 PM   #37
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I can answer that for you, the commish, the guy who starts the dynasty, uploads the roster file and that is the file everyone will use. So be careful about joining leagues with people you don't know. And if the commish is a Gators fan check out the Gators ratings to make sure he didn't make everyone 99, LOL!! I know that sounds stupid and unlikely but I guarantee you someone will do it.
Now lets say that after year 1. I have for the sake of this a RB that I want to be number 32 and give him a clear visor. Can I download the file make the changes and put the file back into the dynasty or do I need to ask the commish to make those changes.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 06-09-2008, 03:13 PM   #38
t3g
Rookie

t3g's Arena

OVR: 4

I have a few questions:

1.) What happened to your old domain? Did you make a deal with someone and then all of a sudden get screwed after you gave him your domain?

2.) Why is it that every year you have a brand new site and require people to register on your forums. You aren't consistent with your site and making people re-register every year instead of keeping an existing database is really annoying. If server software is such a problem, why not use free ones like PHPBB?

3.) Where are you the rest of the year? You will show up, get your money from the rosters, maybe have an update or two, and then disappear for the rest of the year.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:19 PM   #39
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3g
I have a few questions:

1.) What happened to your old domain? Did you make a deal with someone and then all of a sudden get screwed after you gave him your domain?
He sold his old domain. He didn't the buyer's identity was kept from him and the guy that bought it ended up being that jackass Brian K.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 06-09-2008, 03:46 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

The interview questions have all been sent but I can answer some of these below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3g
I have a few questions:

Fairdale got a heads up about the EA locker thing and knew it would affect the need for the rosters in the standard manner. So he got a nice offer for his site and sold it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3g
2.) Why is it that every year you have a brand new site and require people to register on your forums. You aren't consistent with your site and making people re-register every year instead of keeping an existing database is really annoying. If server software is such a problem, why not use free ones like PHPBB?
I'm not sure about where this is coming from because for the last couple of years I was registered on his old site. Perhaps you got purged from the database if you didn't post for a while is why you had to re-register.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3g
3.) Where are you the rest of the year? You will show up, get your money from the rosters, maybe have an update or two, and then disappear for the rest of the year.
Fairdale doesn't make any money from the rosters, he does charge for sending memory cards but that is only to cover his costs, not for profit. As for where he is the rest of the year, he is here on OS. He is not a huge poster like myself but he's always around. As for updates, you are right he doesn't do that many updates. You should look toward DKrause as he is the guy doing year round updates to Fairdale's roster set and does a good job of it. He also does not profit from his work either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »