Home

Point Blank. Will There Be a Gameplay Patch?

This is a discussion on Point Blank. Will There Be a Gameplay Patch? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2008, 05:08 PM   #49
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Point Blank. Will There Be a Gameplay Patch?

Me either but I think it would fix some of the issues that seem to be in the game every year. I bet it would light a big fire under EA's butt to give the consumer what they want.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:12 PM   #50
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
Yeah, I've never understood that at all.
Money.....and deadlines to get money really explain it all. The real saving point in all this is that for once some of these EA guys are at least openly addressing the issues and seem to be working quickly to get the patch out. I guess it seems like they care, which in the past I think it was obvious they didn't.

I'm a pretty big anti EA guy but went ahead and picked up NCAA this year because I needed some football bad. Considering how bad Madden was in 08 I ended up just tossing in the hat and skipped it altogether last year.

I think working sliders will address a lot of the issues. Being able to taylor the game solves so many problems for all the different styles of what people like and/or think is a complete failure. I personally like the game its fun and with the ability to adjust the sliders properly I'll be content. Its no where near the abortion that Madden had last year. To compare the two games is completely unrealistic considering that NCAA with a patch will probably end up being one of their better efforts for the series title.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:17 PM   #51
Banned

In regards to the other Patch Thread that got closed because people were debating what issues should get patched, and ultimately the moderators thought that thread/topic should strictly be a resource that updated people on the patch, as per Adam/OMT's commentary. Doesn't EA have their own corporate support forum for that?

And isn't this forum suppose to be a place to discuss the gameplay to begin with?

Why is this board turning into EAs backyard? OS/Community is a neutral non-bias place to discuss all things NCAA '09. And the natural flow of discussion right now is the community's disgust with a broken product.

If Adam/OMT can only give us "official" "non-misquoted" commentary, then what is the point of him coming here anyway? Might as well just subscribe to ea.com and wait for corporate press releases.

Last edited by PlyrzNumber1; 07-24-2008 at 05:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2008, 05:25 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I think 99% of us want to know.

1) D-line getting looked at?
2) CPU QB going deep getting looked at?
3) Tighter Pass coverage getting looked at?
4) Sliders getting fixed? (has been stated)
5) Robo Qb getting fixed?

You mean all the stuff they KNEW about months ago and were shown at community day and did NOTHING about?

Just give me working sliders, i will fix the rest and be happy.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:37 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 2

To OMT, I'd just like to know if we'll have to restart our dynasty after the gameplay patch is released? I'd like to start my dynasty right after the roster patch. It's terrible to have to restart a dynasty once your a ways into it.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:45 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Nothing wrong with playing Choops. Those guys new how to make a patch. It fixed nearly all of the glaring problems, and that from a crew that wasn't even going to be around to make a 2k9.
I second that!! CHoops 2k8 is awesome after the patch especially simming a cpu vs. cpu season!!!
Old 07-24-2008, 06:09 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingVMSU
You mean all the stuff they KNEW about months ago and were shown at community day and did NOTHING about?
Did they truly know about these things back then, or are you just speculating?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2008, 06:21 PM   #56
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
Did they truly know about these things back then, or are you just speculating?
I'm not going to dig up the quote but they knew. Most of these guys know this stuff prior to release with a few suprises here and there. I really don't think its a big deal if they can produce a patch in less than 30 days.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »