Home

Summer Storms: The NCAA Release Story

This is a discussion on Summer Storms: The NCAA Release Story within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2008, 01:03 PM   #193
MVP

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
That will never happen. I've given up completely thinking that anyone other than EA will ever have any football licenses. As I said back in 2004, by the time the exclusivity deals expire, EA will be dictating the market, not the other way around.

But, get ready for a redux of the standard forum psychology 101, as Madden is just around the corner!!!
And it usually goes like this...

Demo is made available.
Demo gets downloaded.
Players play the demo.
Players LOVE the demo.
Players notice a few flaws in the demo, but believe they will be fixed with the real release.
Game is released.
Players purchase the game.
Players play the game.
Flaws are noticed and pointed out.
People gripe about flaws.
People gripe about gripers.
Patch is released.
Patch addresses a very minute number of issues.
Wash.
Rinse,
Repeat.

The only way this cycle will be broken is if people who typically buy the game on release date (like I used to) decide to wait for the reviews and rent the game first before buying, if you decide to buy it at all.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:21 PM   #194
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: Summer Storms: The NCAA Release Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by PioneerRaptor
Because name-calling makes you someone who's opinion should be listened to right? ;]

If you disagree with someone, perhaps you should actually attempt to formulate an argument instead of resorting to petty name-calling, otherwise you simply look like a fool ;]
This time of year really really sucks here on OS.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:34 PM   #195
MVP

Darkleaf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 867-5309
Your board? This website was created as a sim website dedicated to sim sports games?

Please excuse me as I step on your toes ever so slightly. As one of the many people who helped to build OS, I have to say you comments are full of falsities. Operation Sports, Steve Noah era, was created by a group of people who wanted to discuss SPORTS GAMES and not be treated as bastard children of sites like IGN. The majority of the people who came over to build OS came from sites like IGN who were tired of childish forums filled with people who would rather discuss sports games and the real life games we love to watch.

There was never any intention of creating some sort of super-sim bastion. OS covers all sports games, not just "heavy on sim sports titles." It grew on people who enjoyed all sports games, sim or arcade.

As OS has grown, like any internet forum you have a group of undesirables who seem to think the anonymity allows them to act like every 10 year old you see on Nanny 911, etc. Something must be this or that, otherwise you are an idiot. Basically, most threads after a game has released turn into political debates, replacing candidates with sim or fun, sucks or does not suck. After a few weeks things calm back down and more civil discussion as the biggest whiners, complainers and ban-stick haters tend to move onto the next game that will anger them to no end.

You want to do this forum a favor, lighten up Maynord. People have differing opinions and forums are in place to discuss them.

Sincerely,

Bdoughty (on-off member since 2001)
Are you not legend on here because of some online mental breakdown? I cant find the thread but you were mentioned by name with a bunch of other people with epic breakdowns.
Damn I cant find or think of the exact words used...
Funny stuff..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2008, 02:11 PM   #196
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkleafGoJays
Are you not legend on here because of some online mental breakdown? I cant find the thread but you were mentioned by name with a bunch of other people with epic breakdowns.
Damn I cant find or think of the exact words used...
Funny stuff..
Which one? I have had my share.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:19 PM   #197
MVP

Darkleaf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 867-5309
Which one? I have had my share.

Lmao. Welcome back we all have our share.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:43 PM   #198
Rookie

OVR: 1
there is another problem with ncaa I dont think a lot of people know your opponent cant see your choice of jersey on their screen but you can but for example if you use fsu and you choose fsu black uniforms your opponent wont notice they will just see your reguler uniforms insteads try it with a friend thats how i found out this problem try it online my gt is SPLANCH i will try it with u
Old 07-28-2008, 04:04 PM   #199
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by splanch
there is another problem with ncaa I dont think a lot of people know your opponent cant see your choice of jersey on their screen but you can but for example if you use fsu and you choose fsu black uniforms your opponent wont notice they will just see your reguler uniforms insteads try it with a friend thats how i found out this problem try it online my gt is SPLANCH i will try it with u

Never has this Penny Arcade strip rung so true

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »