Home

Apology to OMT - We have been hard

This is a discussion on Apology to OMT - We have been hard within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 11:42 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Apology to OMT - We have been hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Yeah, I'm not apologizing for giving EA $60 of my hard earned money. They released a broken game, they misrepresented what the kick coverage would be like in the demo, we had to discover the sliders were broken, they wouldn't have told us. They daid the pass rush would be tweaked. The list goes on and on.

I've already spent countless hours trying to make this game playable up to standards that were on the PS2. But I can't.

In fact, I'm still waiting for EA's apology for rushing a game out the door that they admit shipped in a broken state. Give me a break.
Fist I am NOT apologizing to EA. They DID release a broken game. I am apologizing to adam, he has been taking the major heat for it and I think he really is working hard to help us out and get stuff straight.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:47 AM   #10
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurredvision
Maybe you should research your purchases next time if you work so hard for your money. If you buy a game sight-unseen when you obviously are aware of an internet forum from which to get a lot of info after the game releases, then maybe you shouldn't be so quick to pull the trigger in the first week of release.

Next time, don't be in such a hurry to spend away your hard earned money so we don't have to listen to you complain here.
Look, I enjoy the game despite obvious flaws, but I must say this:

For most of us, the purchase wan't "sight unseen". Most of us downloaded the demo. Demos are supposed to true representations of the game. The demo was much better than the retail product, in my opinion.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:50 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2krules

For most of us, the purchase wan't "sight unseen". Most of us downloaded the demo. Demos are supposed to true representations of the game. The demo was much better than the retail product, in my opinion.
Demos are NEVER considered "true" representations of the game, only a snippet. How could you possibly judge the entire NCAA 09 game by playing 2 minute quarters with two predetermined teams that are among the highest ranked in the game? Any person who enjoys football knows you can't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2008, 11:52 AM   #12
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

here's what I don't get about I spent my hard earned money criticism.

Every single year on next gen, NCAA has always had something wrong with it. Last year it was the turnover glitch. I don't remember what it was with '07. With that said, even if you played the demo or what not, given the fact that the game has had issues in the past and many felt that those issues caused them to feel cheated before, wouldn't it make sense to take a wait and see approach?

I don't understand that argument/criticism.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-25-2008, 11:57 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurredvision
Maybe you should research your purchases next time if you work so hard for your money. If you buy a game sight-unseen when you obviously are aware of an internet forum from which to get a lot of info after the game releases, then maybe you shouldn't be so quick to pull the trigger in the first week of release.

Next time, don't be in such a hurry to spend away your hard earned money so we don't have to listen to you complain here.

Use the ignore feature if you don't want to hear me complain. If you could read, you could see that I played the demo. I also got impressions from respected members on this board who got the game early. It wasn't until a few days after release that it came to light that the sliders were completely broken. Normally I can fix gameplay issues to a degree with sliders.

I'm not even upset about spending the money on the game, it was my decision, so I'm to blame there. But I sure as hell am not going to apologize for airing my grievances. They got my money, now fix the problem. End of story.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:58 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6
Location: PA, but born & rasied in Hollis, Queens NY. MM username: jkhaalis991

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2krules

I agree with BlurredVision. EA didn't force you to buy this game. Alot of people say "EA has been screwin us for yrs." but you still go out and buy the game regardless instead of renting it 1st & trying it out.

I 4 1 love the game so I'm happy with my purchase.

Let this be a lesson. With NCAA 2010 rent it 1st if you feel EA is always screwing you.

Also I feel Adam does deserve an apology because he came on this board to give info & for him 2 be slammed when he doesn't answer a question, doesn't give the answer people want 2 hear or doesn't give exact date of when this patch or that patch will be released is sad. Really sad. I won't be surprised if he said "you know what I'm not posting no more when I hear something I'll tell a Mod and leave it at that."

I have been apart of "The Tradition" since NCAA started online dynasties. Come check it out.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:58 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Fist I am NOT apologizing to EA. They DID release a broken game. I am apologizing to adam, he has been taking the major heat for it and I think he really is working hard to help us out and get stuff straight.
I do not want to hate on Adam, I understand he is a UCF Knight, and we Tulsa fans get along super well with UCF. But he is apart of the team that has been nothing short of neglectful to a team in UCF's conference. I gave given passes the last two years, but I am not sure how understanding I am given this year's foulups. Purple endzones. And that's all I got to say. You can't say you mistook Tulsa for ECU (I know UCF fans totally dig ECU and all )

This is year three in the next gen systems, there is absolutely no excuse for a game with this many problems. Symply: This game isn't up to next gen standards. I think the most irritating thing I hear is how they had to re-do this and re-do that. You want a basic course in management? DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2008, 12:00 PM   #16
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
here's what I don't get about I spent my hard earned money criticism.

Every single year on next gen, NCAA has always had something wrong with it. Last year it was the turnover glitch. I don't remember what it was with '07. With that said, even if you played the demo or what not, given the fact that the game has had issues in the past and many felt that those issues caused them to feel cheated before, wouldn't it make sense to take a wait and see approach?

I don't understand that argument/criticism.

Exactly. This is the reason I have yet to buy a next gen football game. I do the same thing every year. Rent it and review it for myself. Almost a week of playing it is ample enough time to make your decision. I'm just hoping one of these days I'll actually like the game.
"I thought LeBron James was just going to be another addition to help me score."
Ricky Davis
Quote:
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »