Home

Apology to OMT - We have been hard

This is a discussion on Apology to OMT - We have been hard within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 12:37 PM   #25
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Apology to OMT - We have been hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthgradetyrant
Both your points are valid, but you're on different wavelengths. Your criticism is pragmatic, his is MORAL. I agree with him in that a company that releases a product this flawed in its basic elements should in fact be apologizing to its consumers, not vice versa. Your point is well taken, however, and I feel burned that I didn't rent the game or hold off and check the forums first. But we all have products we're suckers for, and when the company screws you and takes advantage of your loyalty, that hurts.

Now it's great that Adam is here and taking steps to fix the game, but has he or anyone from EA offered US an apology yet for hours of wasted time, hours of frustration, and money gone down the crapper?

Imagine a doctor screws up your surgery. Then you have to tell him about it. Then he promises to fix what he can, but doesn't apologize and even chastises you for "crying over spilt milk." Different levels of seriousness, for sure, but same basic principle.

Yes, Adam has issued an apology. He apologized for the testers missing things and for the roster issue.

As for taking advantage of our loyalty, I don't see where they would benefit from that. Sure they make money this year, but what about next year? Or the year after that? The year after that? And so on and so forth. Purposely putting out a faulty game to gain a profit from loyal customers does more harm than good because loyal customers won't be so loyal anymore especially if they feel taken advantage of.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2008, 12:38 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 31

Quote:
Both your points are valid, but you're on different wavelengths. Your criticism is pragmatic, his is MORAL. I agree with him in that a company that releases a product this flawed in its basic elements should in fact be apologizing to its consumers, not vice versa. Your point is well taken, however, and I feel burned that I didn't rent the game or hold off and check the forums first. But we all have products we're suckers for, and when the company screws you and takes advantage of your loyalty, that hurts.

Now it's great that Adam is here and taking steps to fix the game, but has he or anyone from EA offered US an apology yet for hours of wasted time, hours of frustration, and money gone down the crapper?

Imagine a doctor screws up your surgery. Then you have to tell him about it. Then he promises to fix what he can, but doesn't apologize and even chastises you for "crying over spilt milk." Different levels of seriousness, for sure, but same basic principle.
Comparing a video game to screwed up surgery is assanine...no one is gonna die over a game that has some issues.....get a grip.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:43 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think some of you guys are doing a little too much *** kissing. Adam is a professional, And he knows that when he decided to do something like this, he was going to the the good, the bad, and the ugly. I know that he dosen't take it personal, because the #1 rule of customer service (which is what this is basically), is to not take anything personal.

Now some of you guys are a little crazy when you get no response. And if you guys are apoligizing, that's a different story. But you shouldn't apoligize for stating your opinion of the game, no matter how harsh it is.

With that being said, I do appreciate Adam taking out the time to answer our questions and to keep us as informed as he does with the game. But I'm pretty sure he knows that all of the opinions of the game would not be positive. I think he does a great job ignoring the ignorant comments by people.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:43 PM   #28
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffy
Comparing a video game to screwed up surgery is assanine...no one is gonna die over a game that has some issues.....get a grip.
I have a grip. Read the last sentence of my post. Perhaps people with selective reading skills are the "assanine" ones...

Last edited by sixthgradetyrant; 07-25-2008 at 12:50 PM. Reason: asinine misspelling of "assanine"
Old 07-25-2008, 12:46 PM   #29
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Yes, Adam has issued an apology. He apologized for the testers missing things and for the roster issue.

As for taking advantage of our loyalty, I don't see where they would benefit from that. Sure they make money this year, but what about next year? Or the year after that? The year after that? And so on and so forth. Purposely putting out a faulty game to gain a profit from loyal customers does more harm than good because loyal customers won't be so loyal anymore especially if they feel taken advantage of.
Being that there are no other NCAA or NFL games being made we would still fall into the hype.
I know this is beating a dead horse,but EA really needs competition in the NFL/NCAAF arena.

PSN: BIG_CAROLINA

"Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
Marshall W. "Major" Taylor
Old 07-25-2008, 12:49 PM   #30
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

Missed the apology. I'm glad it happened though, and feel bad that it had to fall to an individual like Adam. Tiburon should put out a press release apologizing to consumers.

As far as the loyalty issue, isn't that tied up with exclusive rights? If you're the only game in town, the likelihood that die-hard football fans will stop buying your product plummets. Like the declaration of independence said, people will put up with "stuff" until "stuff" becomes truly unbearable. This year's game has reached that threshold for me. And it's a shame, because it's just oozing potential. The graphics are sweet...just can't PLAY it...
Old 07-25-2008, 01:00 PM   #31
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CAROLINA
Being that there are no other NCAA or NFL games being made we would still fall into the hype.
I know this is beating a dead horse,but EA really needs competition in the NFL/NCAAF arena.
well if you are loyal one year and get screwed, thats shame on them. But if you decide to buy again and get screwed, thats shame on you.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2008, 01:02 PM   #32
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
As far as the loyalty issue, isn't that tied up with exclusive rights? If you're the only game in town, the likelihood that die-hard football fans will stop buying your product plummets.

fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »