Home

Cant Take It Anymore..Im Putting This On The Shelf Until Patch #2

This is a discussion on Cant Take It Anymore..Im Putting This On The Shelf Until Patch #2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 11:55 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Cant Take It Anymore..Im Putting This On The Shelf Until Patch #2

I got nothing.

I'm a 27 year old gamer with a career, a house, and a life...I don't have time to play with sliders endlessly, employ house rules, wait for patches, etc.

Not asking for nirvana...but having a $400 system and a $60 game...I'd like the cPU to have a basic understanding of football....not be A russian chess genius...just a basic understanding....when to pass, when to go deep. when to tuck the ball b ecause the screen isnt open instead of throwing it backwards....I digress.

I will give this game one last shot with the second patch and the genius slider guys here...but thus far this is my greatest gaming dissapointment ever.

Where are the devs to defend some of these stats? Oh wait..."game works as intended"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 12:08 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingVMSU

Where are the devs to defend some of these stats? Oh wait..."game works as intended"
And in other reports, we're "unanimously happy."

The issue remains that EA football is a nasty nappy ho....on a deserted island and you two are the only people around. EA knows that eventually you'll cave and give your $60 to the buck tooth hooker. What are your other options?
Old 08-20-2008, 12:12 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2

What confuses me is they could have their 'wide open gameplay' by simply programming the game to play sim out the box and have sliders that actually work and allow users to rev up the offense and dumb down the defense. Or vice versa for those who want more D. The technology exists to have a sim football game, as games like '04 and '06 prove. You would think every year the game would look and feel more like a true college football game, but if anything things have regressed. I guess it's just a bit confusing that a company that makes billions can't put a sim product on the shelves for college football. As I've said before regarding MLB 2K8 for the 360, no competition is a very bad thing.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:21 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 24

I don't have this game, but I really like the features (which should be in madden)-custom music, the effort, Quarterback Quiz, atmosphere, etc. I really hope the Patch #2 fixes the problems, or at least makes the game alot more enjoyable. I look forward to readin' all of your thoughts on the game, post patch.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:50 PM   #45
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

I'm afaid that the defense issue will be addressed on next year's version and that it will be way overdone. We'll have linebackers and defensive lineman running down halfbacks and wide receivers from behind and we'll have that stupid interception thing where defenders jump 20 feet in the air and are seemingly sucked into the path of the ball for the interception. It seems to go from one extreme to another with these games. I just have no confidence whatsoever in the next generation development team for NCAA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 12:52 PM   #46
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
You're better off just simming the game. I can understand the player lock but the other house rules are extreme. But hey, to each his own.
Good point but, don't use Super Sim (Super Stupid) because that's f'd up also.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:19 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
I gave the PS3 game another try last night and was going to compare it to the PS2 version in doing so. On both versions I used Troy St. and played against my beloved Mountaineers just to see if White and Devine could generate some yardage on the ground against me. After playing, I remembered why it was that I haven't touched the PS3 version for over a week. I'll list some reasoning below.

PS3 Version
White, 7 carries, 15 yards, 0 TD
Devine, 12 carries, 30 yards, 1 TD

White, 24-28, 275 yards, 3 TD, 3 INT

Final Score:
WVU - 35
Troy St. - 49

PS2 Version
White, 17 carries, 95 yards, 1 TD
Devine, 20 carries, 150 yards, 2 TD

White, 13-20, 130 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

Final Score:
WVU - 38
Troy St. - 20

EXACTLY. I did the same thing with the Wii version under the "Who Prefers The PS2 Version?"

If you havent seen that thread, here are the stats I got from playing Tennesse-Florida on default AA difficulty:

Default Sliders
All American Difficulty
7 min quarters

Tennesse(Me)-28
Florida-14

Tennesse
First Downs: 14
Total Offense: 331
Rushing Yards: 47
PAssing Yards: 284
Sacks: 4
3rd down conversions: 7-16
Turnovers: 2
Penalties: 4-25

Jonathan Crompton: 19-27, 284, 3TDs, 1 INT
Arian Foster: 22 carries, 68 yds, 1 TD
Lucas Taylor: 4 rec, 71yds, 1TD
Jeff Cottam: 3 rec, 31 yds
Montario Hardesty, 2 rec, 117yds, 2 tds

CB: Eric Berry: 4 tackles, 1 INT
DE: Wes Brown: 4 tackles, 3 TFL, 2 sacks
OLB: Rico Mccoy, 4 tackles, 1 Int

Florida
First Downs: 11
Total Offense: 266
Rushing Yards: 96
Passing Yards: 170
Sacks: 4
3rd Down Conversion: 3-15
4th Down: 1-2
Turnovers: 2
Time of Posession: 11:59

Tim Tebow: 15-33, 170 yds, 2 TDs, 2 INTs
11 Carries, 62 yds

Kestshan Moore: 12 carries, 33 yds
Percy Harvin: 6 rec, 94 yds, 1 TD, 1 carry, 1 yd
Riley Cooper: 4 rec, 22 yds
Louis Murphy: 2 rec, 19 yds

De-Jermaine Cunningham: 7 tackles, 3 TFL, 1 sack
LB: Brandon Spikes: 4 tackles, 1 TFL
LB: AJ Jones: 4 tackles, 2 TFL, 2 sacks

I honestly do not see this trend changing with the 360/ps3 versions of these games.

The focus as shifted from game performance to showing off the technical horsepower that the machines are capable of.

There are some games that do a better job of trying to blend both elements, but the football games have butchered this.

Id rather play a "simpler" looking version that gets the game right at this point.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:35 PM   #48
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

The thing that gets me is that there is such an imbalance with the cpu offenses. They hardly run the ball the way they are supposed to and they usually aren't successful when they do and they run that stupid looking option way too much. They throw the ball 60% of the time and then complete 75% of their passes.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »