Home

Patch increased recruiting difficulty?

This is a discussion on Patch increased recruiting difficulty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2008, 07:53 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Patch increased recruiting difficulty?

I am still pulling in 8 - 10 5 star recruits a year.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:36 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenacioust86
I am still pulling in 8 - 10 5 star recruits a year.
Easy to do if you're using USC or Ohio St. If youre using a 6* prestige school i could maybe believe that but using schools that are 4* or below,i'm calling you a liar.

Last edited by Luca Brasi; 08-27-2008 at 08:40 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:48 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

All it has done is make me use the quick call more and more. I'm getting tired of blowing nearly 2 hours on my linebacker back-up choice's Most interest with an Elite pitch. It doesn't happen often, but it happens enough to be a problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2008, 09:49 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

If you go for reality at all, you know that not a single recruit wants to talk to a particular school for more than an hour a week. It makes it more realistic but does take away the smaller schools chances at getting top recruits. I don't find, even on Heisman, that the CPU recruits all that well unless their USC or OSU...if there is no 6* prestige schools in your way to signing someone, it shouldn't be all that difficult still.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:55 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca Brasi
Easy to do if you're using USC or Ohio St. If youre using a 6* prestige school i could maybe believe that but using schools that are 4* or below,i'm calling you a liar.
Well I started off with IU. They were like 3 or 4 prestige. I was pulling in a lot of 4 star recruits maybe 2 or 3 five star recruits. When I got them to a 5 prestige team I was pulling in about 5 five star recruits. Now that they are a 6 prestige team I can pull in about 8 -10 5 star recruits.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:03 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobalo85
If you go for reality at all, you know that not a single recruit wants to talk to a particular school for more than an hour a week.
No single pitch should take more than an hour (or really even ten minutes) a week to complete either. But it does in this game, when the game decides to screw you for no reason.

I know that if I do a 40 minute quick call on a guy who's already got his good stuff unlocked then I'll get two pitches complete with large interest gains 95% of the time. No angry face hang up either. The odds of doing it on a manual call in 40 minutes are about 10 to 1. So what EA really did was make quick calling even more favorable over manual calling than it already was.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:31 AM   #15
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I had no problem blowing 2 hours on a recruit before so this will be a big change if I can't talk for more than an hour. I usually focused on only 6-8 players a week (sometimes more and I spread the love). Once you are in the last couple weeks of offseason recruiting, you only really need or care about a couple guys and I would blow 5 hours on a guy just because I didn't care about anyone else. I guess that was a glitch and I agree that this will definitely make me use the quick call feature more if I can't stay on the phone with these guys.

In my second year with Colorado (had the #14 class in my first year) I've done more manual calling and after 11 games (I'm 8-3 right now with Nebraska left), I have the #1 class with 13 recruits already signed and two of those are 5* players (I'm a 4* program). Manual calling definitely helps you more than quick calling and this change will probably curb my recruiting success which I won't mind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2008, 09:27 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I had no problem blowing 2 hours on a recruit before so this will be a big change if I can't talk for more than an hour. I usually focused on only 6-8 players a week (sometimes more and I spread the love). Once you are in the last couple weeks of offseason recruiting, you only really need or care about a couple guys and I would blow 5 hours on a guy just because I didn't care about anyone else. I guess that was a glitch and I agree that this will definitely make me use the quick call feature more if I can't stay on the phone with these guys.

In my second year with Colorado (had the #14 class in my first year) I've done more manual calling and after 11 games (I'm 8-3 right now with Nebraska left), I have the #1 class with 13 recruits already signed and two of those are 5* players (I'm a 4* program). Manual calling definitely helps you more than quick calling and this change will probably curb my recruiting success which I won't mind.
I posted a perfect quick call routine. Try it and tell me if it works for you

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-recruits.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »