Home

what REALLY burns my britches about online play

This is a discussion on what REALLY burns my britches about online play within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2008, 01:18 PM   #17
BTG
Banned

BTG's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: what REALLY burns my britches about online play

I think the reason you see so many people using those teams is two-fold.

You have to figure, there's not many people playing online these days. That means you're more likely to see people playing who are from fanatical and highly-populated college football states, which could explain why you see so many OSU and Florida users. I use OSU because I'm from Ohio and they've been my team for 22 years.

That's not to say all of those using those teams are fans of the school or live in the state. You're obviously going to have people who use them because the teams are good, run the offenses people like to run, and have that one player they feel can completely impact the game in their favor. There are people like this in every sports game (see: Vick, Michael - circa Madden 2004 or James, LeBron - circa NBA 2K9).

I don't know, it's frustrating when you go to a game and see them come up as Ohio State when their nickname is Hoosier-Jeff2009, but what can you do?
Old 11-20-2008, 01:41 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTG
I don't know, it's frustrating when you go to a game and see them come up as Ohio State when their nickname is Hoosier-Jeff2009, but what can you do?
Old 11-20-2008, 02:04 PM   #19
Pro

CAJUN COMMISH's Arena

OVR: 10

Auburn fan, I will mainly always choose (and as an Auburn fan you certain do know) "LSU Who Beat Ya Again" because they are "my boys". That said, in the 6 or so Dynastys I am in with my 2 GTs, I have a different team in each - mostly SEC because I love the conference. But IF I was to play "pick up trash from the street corner" (LOL) and play a ranked match, it likely would be with MY team. Granted, many "win at all cost" kids and Yankee carpetbaggers will come down and use OUR teams. I think there should be a lock that doesn't allow you to play with an SEC team unless your ISP is north of Virginia - that would clear out alot of the "riff-raff", lol. Why don't they play with "BC" or Syracuse"
Old 11-20-2008, 02:53 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
lets go tomorrow at 2pm cst. i sent u a friend request earlier today. we can go no top 25 no fsu. whateva rules u wanna play with is fine by me
no fsu? pft....i bet you couldn't beat me if i used FSU....that's all i use cause that's my team...not because they are cheese or w/e... Besides if i did use FSu you would probably use Ohio state or some lame team like UF...just saying....you my friend are obsessed with cheese i think you are a closet cheater....

NBA Live...I got this!
Ncaa 2010 you don't want it!
Madden ...lets get it!
Old 11-20-2008, 04:54 PM   #21
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
I run Man 3 Deep out of qtrs for 75% of the game. Qtrs zones in the other 25%.
Speaking of cheese...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2008, 06:23 PM   #22
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrickNole
no fsu? pft....i bet you couldn't beat me if i used FSU....that's all i use cause that's my team...not because they are cheese or w/e... Besides if i did use FSu you would probably use Ohio state or some lame team like UF...just saying....you my friend are obsessed with cheese i think you are a closet cheater....
how am i a cheater when i just said that we dont even have to play with top 25 teams? wtf dude? im a gator and an au fan. i only play with florida online because everyone i play want to play with a fast team. gotta match speed with speed. what would i look like using auburn vs the like of fsu? i wouldnt be able to keep up. thats called being an *******. not cheating. if a guy want to play with temas below 80ovr thats fine too. personally i can care less what u or anyone else on the internet thinks about me or my style of play. but i guess florida is cheese in real life since half of their guys run 4.4s and under. i guess they have cheesed there way to a one loss season. dude kick rocks

Old 11-20-2008, 06:25 PM   #23
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
Speaking of cheese...
defensive cheese? thats new. but anyway, i found that thats the best d to run since 95% of the guys i play run all around and throw deep every down. i guess i should play the 5-2 and get burned deep every play.

Old 11-20-2008, 06:50 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAJUN COMMISH
Auburn fan, I will mainly always choose (and as an Auburn fan you certain do know) "LSU Who Beat Ya Again" because they are "my boys". That said, in the 6 or so Dynastys I am in with my 2 GTs, I have a different team in each - mostly SEC because I love the conference. But IF I was to play "pick up trash from the street corner" (LOL) and play a ranked match, it likely would be with MY team. Granted, many "win at all cost" kids and Yankee carpetbaggers will come down and use OUR teams. I think there should be a lock that doesn't allow you to play with an SEC team unless your ISP is north of Virginia - that would clear out alot of the "riff-raff", lol. Why don't they play with "BC" or Syracuse"
he he..."riff raff"...funny.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »