Home

NCAA Football 2004 - Best Ever?

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 2004 - Best Ever? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2008, 03:07 PM   #9
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NCAA Football 2004 - Best Ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
05' has been hailed by many as the red headed step child of the series, but a couple of folks have been bringing up 05.

Can you give more details what you enjoyed about 05?
I really liked '05. I never got more pissed at one game on last gen due to the easy drops over the middle but it made up for how easy it is to score at times. I liked playing D and it wasn't quite scorefest like some versions.

I liked '06 but impact HB's was the tragic flaw

'07 was very smooth. Momentum was a little overdone but it is refreshing to be punished for screwing up and getting behind.

There is a way that all the elements of Homefield Advantage/Composure, Momentum, and Impact Player's that they could be all brought back and make this game perfect. It would need some tweaking and developing but if they were incorporated correctly then we'd have a hell of a game. I'd love to have all three of them if toned down just right.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:08 PM   #10
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
05' has been hailed by many as the red headed step child of the series, but a couple of folks have been bringing up 05.

Can you give more details what you enjoyed about 05?
Nostalgia factor. I remember playing that games with my buddies for hours and hours.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:23 PM   #11
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

I think all NCAA last gen games are still better than the NG counterparts, at least in terms of gameplay, which is the most important aspect of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2008, 01:57 PM   #12
Pro

GoToledo's Arena

OVR: 14

Since we are talking about NCAA 06, does anyone here know how to turn off auto-pass?

Sideshow Bob
Old 12-08-2008, 02:09 PM   #13
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoToledo
Since we are talking about NCAA 06, does anyone here know how to turn off auto-pass?
I don't think you can in '06 from what I remember.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:49 PM   #14
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

OVR: 8

I thought '07 was easily the best. The ease of the deep ball killed '06 for me, among other things. The only problem I have with '07 is the kicking game being automatic. I thought momentum was actually a big plus, made those big games on the road so much tougher and pressure packed once you get down early.

Great game, just wish the class was editable.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:39 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 5

I think 2009 is the best version ever. There are some issues when playing against the CPU, but I've never found playing against the CPU to be much fun in any sports games. NCAA 2009's multiplayer is nearly perfect, and they finally fixed the online play so that there is no more horrible lag.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2008, 11:58 AM   #16
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

I never thought 04 was the best on the ps2. I always felt that 06 was, but I recently picked up 07 and it is fantastic except for two huge design flaws which are the third person kick camera and momentum. Both of those features really hurt an otherwise almost perfect game, I just wish EA had let us turn both of those features off.

As of now I am still giving the edge to 06. As a matter of fact I have been buying the 360 versions the last three years on release day but that is ending. Until EA proves they have finally put out a version as good as the ps2 versions I am going to stay with the ps2 versions for as long as I have to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »