Home

Are you Prepared?

This is a discussion on Are you Prepared? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2008, 02:41 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Are you Prepared?

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Really? So when you respond to someone who likes the game with...

thats not hating? Wow

And what is it exactly you're trying to do?
I want to relive the days when all I did during the summer was play NCAA Football 04..I miss those days
Old 12-19-2008, 02:44 PM   #18
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I think one thing is being missed here. You guys wanting what a last gen. had but it was not until 06 or so when it got good. It took like 4 years then so why are we do we think it would be a faster fix with the next gen. I remember 02 being a shell of a game like 08 was. I don't like to pay $60 for a broken product but this game owns my sole. The older I get the less time I have for it but I still buy it. $60 once a year is not that big of a deal to me. And the game is getting better. Besides its a game so I don't look for it to be perfect because no video game has ever been perfect. If you don't like the game then I say don't buy because there are game I will not buy (Madden) and that helps you feel like your are doing your part, but people will still buy these game no matter what.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:47 PM   #19
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartmanclone
I want to relive the days when all I did during the summer was play NCAA Football 04..I miss those days
So creating this thread is a step in that direction?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-19-2008, 02:53 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
So creating this thread is a step in that direction?
It might not mean much...But hopefully EA can recognize that there are a multitude of fans who want a better College football product (one that is consistent with the vast resources EA has at it's disposal) .
Old 12-19-2008, 03:00 PM   #21
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
It might not mean much...But hopefully EA can recognize that there are a multitude of fans who want a better College football product (one that is consistent with the vast resources EA has at it's disposal) .
I'm pretty sure they know that. But in any event, I hope this thread accomplishes what you are looking for it to.

And just a heads up, when someone purchases the game from a retailer, their money isn't going to EA, its going to the retailer. EA gets paid by the retailer. So they already "have their money". The only way EA gets money from a consumer is if you order the game directly from their store.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2008, 03:03 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
I'm pretty sure they know that. But in any event, I hope this thread accomplishes what you are looking for it to.

And just a heads up, when someone purchases the game from a retailer, their money isn't going to EA, its going to the retailer. EA gets paid by the retailer. So they already "have their money". The only way EA gets money from a consumer is if you order the game directly from their store.
yes, but if the retailers don't get as many purchases from the customers, then they will start cutting back on their orders from EA in the future, thus hurting their profits.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:08 PM   #23
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

i think EA would recognize the multitude better if there was something down on paper not in a forum. There are tons of forums on the vast internet but talking about a better product wont happen here unless OMT or Peter Moore himself reads it.

OMT is a designer and handles only a portion of the game and while i appreciate the input/breakdown he gives us i also understand that 1. he can only do so much and 2. he has a boss who is not interested in how the game plays but only about profit. Its a business 1st.

So all i am saying is stop talking and start doing.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:54 PM   #24
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
yes, but if the retailers don't get as many purchases from the customers, then they will start cutting back on their orders from EA in the future, thus hurting their profits.
Correct. After reading one of your earlier post in this thread, I thought you may have thought that it was the consumer dollar that EA was getting. But in any event, I stand corrected.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »