Home

NCAA Football 10 Blog: Pocket Protection

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Blog: Pocket Protection within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2009, 09:30 PM   #145
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA Football 10 Blog: Pocket Protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDhWhat
enjoy the protection. nice for opening up holes for the run. or a possible scramble from the QB.
I actually think it'll halt the scramble a little bit. The ends are going to be rushing like they are supposed to know as opposed to everyone in a straight line like the past years game so taking off for a scramble to the side will more than likely result in running into a big end or a blitzer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2009, 10:34 PM   #146
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13
I want a true pocket, I want RATINGS TO MATTER, i.e. if I have a 95-freaking-rated Defensive lineman going against a Craptastic 72 rated Offensive lineman, my stud DL better damn well be LIVING in that backfield the entire game. That goes for my Stud OL destroying inferior D lines as well.

I also want to make sure that the absolutely ridiculous pancake fest '09 is erased for '10, where when Auburn plays Akron and Akron's entire O line simultaneously flips all 4 of my Defensive line (each of which is around 15-20 points higher overall) on their heads within .008 milliseconds of the ball being snapped.

If these things are addressed....I might have a party in my pants. But I have to see it to believe it. One picture isn't going to convince me.

Perfectly stated...i couldn't have said it better.. Make the Ratings count!!!
Old 04-09-2009, 10:41 PM   #147
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13
IMO , With so many GAPING problems with this game, i could give a damn about refs on the field.. How about linebackers and corners that actually cover someone BEFORE they catch the ball?? How about not only ratings that matter but Experience that matters.. Freshman in the 06 version were inexperienced and mistake prone and panic prone in big games..whereas seniors were cool under fire.. Bring that BACK!!
Old 04-10-2009, 11:12 AM   #148
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo9000
I actually think it'll halt the scramble a little bit. The ends are going to be rushing like they are supposed to know as opposed to everyone in a straight line like the past years game so taking off for a scramble to the side will more than likely result in running into a big end or a blitzer.
Right, so scrambling will be realistic, and faster. Straight line through the gaurd/tackle gap in pass protection is faster than running around the side, and more sensible. If you mean it will be slower for people trying to scramble the old way, then yes, you are right. Hopefully they went the extra step and gave players contain responsibilities.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:14 AM   #149
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweatervest09
Right, so scrambling will be realistic, and faster. Straight line through the gaurd/tackle gap in pass protection is faster than running around the side, and more sensible. If you mean it will be slower for people trying to scramble the old way, then yes, you are right. Hopefully they went the extra step and gave players contain responsibilities.
It shouldn't be so easy for the QB to scramble up the gut unless there is a huge hole. The suction usually gets most of this.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:20 AM   #150
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
It shouldn't be so easy for the QB to scramble up the gut unless there is a huge hole. The suction usually gets most of this.
Right. My statement was misleading, i didn't mean to say it would be a large gap on most plays (Although, knowing EA, im not counting that out), but that in scramble situations (End losing contain on 09, End getting blocked out of the play on 10), it will be more effective in 10. Now thats not acounting for pursuit angles being fixed and everything else, but initially, scrambling should be easier.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:09 PM   #151
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweatervest09
Right. My statement was misleading, i didn't mean to say it would be a large gap on most plays (Although, knowing EA, im not counting that out), but that in scramble situations (End losing contain on 09, End getting blocked out of the play on 10), it will be more effective in 10. Now thats not acounting for pursuit angles being fixed and everything else, but initially, scrambling should be easier.
Not misleading, I was more or less asking in a way. Misleading on my part. I'm just hoping there won't be huge gaping holes on passing plays unless there is a DL on the ground and DE's are out of the picture as you said. I hope it is rare to have a huge gap to walk thru. I agree that it will likely be easier to scramble, just hoping its not like a walk in the park. Hopefully, when they added pocket protection they intended for it to benefit the QB to stay in the pocket.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »