Home

Will NCAA 2010 meet your expectations?

This is a discussion on Will NCAA 2010 meet your expectations? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Will NCAA 2010 meet your expectations?
Yes, it will exceed my expectations 9 7.20%
Yes, it will at least meet my expectations 44 35.20%
No, the game will not meet my expectations 72 57.60%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-01-2009, 02:04 AM   #57
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Will NCAA 2010 meet your expectations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirRaidTT
It will at least meet my expectations because I'm not one of those d-bags who claims that a VIDEO GAME isn't realistic enough.

People need to understand that from a money making standpoint, EA will not put every single thing that you request on the video game. There has to be some sort of growing room so that the game can make money in the coming years.
You're half right, it is a money making issue but there is no worry that a flawless game would lead to disinterest in the future product. If EA put out a near flawless game this year it would only guarantee a line around the block to buy it the following year. People on this site are the perfect example of that, they continue to buy a marginal product because they need their "football fix." If EA loaded the game with features that worked seamlessly in 2010, the community would be climbing the walls in anticipation of 2011, myself included.

The reality is why spend the extra money on development if its not going to lead to a massive spike in sales, it's the law of diminishing returns. If a feature loaded, flawless version of 09 had been released and it only sold a few more thousand copies but cost a lot more to develop than the actual version of 09, than financially it wasn't worth the extra effort.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:42 AM   #58
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
Maybe that's because Tiburon has a reputation of adding things that NOBODY IS ASKING FOR while leaving out other things that MANY PEOPLE WANT (in-game saves, TV style camera angle that is playable, etc.). Just my opinion.
Not to mention the gimmicks that are pulled out of the EA hat year after year for marketing purposes....

Impact players.... fail
Race for the Heisman....fail
Wide Open Offense.... fail
New Open Field/RB Controls.... fail
New Blocking Schemes with better OL/DL interaction... fail
Mascot Games.... fail

Not to mention that 2009 was such a mess it should have never went to release.

I know there has to be other things I have forgotten.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:17 AM   #59
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Im curious as to why Madden is releasing all this info on their game, updates, features etc, and we arent getting much from the NCAA team. What we do get is "Yes, thats also in NCAA".

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:30 AM   #60
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Exactly. Nobody knows what it is but everyone hates it.
I don't know what season showdown is but is it like the thing you guys (EA Sports) had in for UEFA Euro 2008?

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 04-01-2009, 10:37 AM   #61
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
Not to mention the gimmicks that are pulled out of the EA hat year after year for marketing purposes....

Impact players.... fail
Race for the Heisman....fail
Wide Open Offense.... fail
New Open Field/RB Controls.... fail
New Blocking Schemes with better OL/DL interaction... fail
Mascot Games.... fail

Not to mention that 2009 was such a mess it should have never went to release.

I know there has to be other things I have forgotten.
I will say...

the old feature where you could write your own signs in the crowd was EPIC.

Oh the mocking I gave my roommate via my virtual crowd in our dynasty back then. Glorious!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 04:40 PM   #62
Rookie

notoriouzwun's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Exactly. Wasting time. OMT already said the one reason they didn't put the new QB ratings in was that they decided to do something else and then didn't have time to put that in. Focusing on stupid stuff like Season Showdown (unless it was really quick) seems like a complete waste of resources.

I am really waiting for the big new feature they want to announce that will justify the exclusion of some of the new football sim features Madden is getting.
My guess would be that Season Showdown didn't take a lot of time. From the small amount i read just sounds like a quick statistical thing that probably took more server set up time than actual game design. I could be wrong cause as Adam said, No one knows what it is, but everyone hates it. lol
Old 04-01-2009, 04:45 PM   #63
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
I will say...

the old feature where you could write your own signs in the crowd was EPIC.

Oh the mocking I gave my roommate via my virtual crowd in our dynasty back then. Glorious!
It was cool, but it was broken as well.

See, the thing with EA is that they don't understand the football consumer. The people that are REALLY into football are simple people. We don't care about mascot games, Race for The Heisman, crowd signs, correct sock colors, hair length, helmet styles, mask styles, etc. etc. as long as the game is right. NCAA does not resemble a real college football game and I think that is what we want. All of this other stuff really doesn't matter until they get the AI right, take away suction blocking, defense fill correct gaps, man and zone play correctly, etc. etc. All the other stuff would be great if the game was a good game.

I still go back to 2004. Best game in the series in most peoples minds. They changed the 2005 engine and the game was crap and unplayable. 2006 crap but playable. 2007 better but still crap. 2008 crap and unplayable. 2009 is worse than 2008. HTF is that possible? Here you have a great game in 2004 and the EA NCAA team has made the game worse. In fact 2009 might go down as the worst title in the series history. How do you go from a great game in 2004 to a bleeped up mess that NCAA is today? In fact, many consider NCAA 04 to be one of if not the best football games in history. And it this point Tecmo bowl is more fun than NCAA 09.

I don't play this game anymore. It doesn't make since to me that anyone can enjoy this game. The AI is so poor I don't care what sliders you play with or what level, if you can't beat the CPU then you suck. You shouldn't have to come up with a list of 25 things that you can't do in the game just to make it competitive. EA doesn't get that.

EA is more concerned with marketing glamorous features (that don't work) to market the game to the casual gamer. The thing that really pissed me off this year is that they released a broken game. A game that was not only broken, but a game that after two patches still didn't make the game better. My personal opinion is that they owe everyone that bought the game $65.00. I don't care what it cost them.

I run my own business. If I make a mistake... I fix it and replace it at my cost. Because of that, I am able to keep my customers. EA is not keeping me as a customer. I have made the decision not to purchase any EA game or any of the companies that EA owns. I don't buy Rock Band, Bad Company, Madden, not one of their games. EA has failed as a company and has failed to satisfy me as a customer.

I may or may not buy NCAA this year. I am on a wait and see approach. I will wait for the reviews from the people that matter (Rhombic and a few others) before I make a purchase. The people invited to these community days, for the most part, don't know crap. There are a couple, but if they want to keep coming back they have to schmooze the EA brass and tell them what they want to hear. I actually like that some of these guys this past year grew some steel balls and said something about how bad this game was.

I am still shocked that the people from EA tried to defend the game and claim it was fun. Broken sliders, broken AI, broken, dynasty mode, broken defense, this game was a mess out of the box. How could they justify putting this on the shelf and selling this game?

Sorry for ranting. I am just tired of the same BS year after year. You can't trust anything that any employee from EA will tell you these days. Just my opinion for what it is worth.

Oh, and EA owes me $65.00. I am willing to eat the tax.

Last edited by heavy_hitter; 04-01-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:30 PM   #64
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
I still go back to 2004. Best game in the series in most peoples minds. They changed the 2005 engine and the game was crap and unplayable. 2006 crap but playable. 2007 better but still crap. 2008 crap and unplayable. 2009 is worse than 2008. HTF is that possible? Here you have a great game in 2004 and the EA NCAA team has made the game worse. In fact 2009 might go down as the worst title in the series history. How do you go from a great game in 2004 to a bleeped up mess that NCAA is today? In fact, many consider NCAA 04 to be one of if not the best football games in history.
Quite true. I played NCAA 04 dynasty mode longer than any other sports game in my life, yet after NCAA 05 I didn't purchase again until this year. The only reason I bought into NCAA 09 was Online Dynasty and I half-regret making that decision.

Having said all of that, my biggest gripes with NCAA 09 were the bugs and dynasty AI logic. The on-field product is going to continue to be subpar in my opinion, but any progress above and beyond where we are today is a bonus for me. I just need to be able to go 20 years into a dynasty without all laws of common sense falling apart for the other 100+ schools. I also need to be able to fully enjoy Online Dynasty without 10 bugs popping up that kill playability.

I'm buying NCAA 10 unless they do something ridiculous to the way the game is played. I am confident that the main bugs are fixed and the dynasty mode will be far more realistic based on what I've heard/seen from EA/NCAA devs. That's enough to get my money, but not enough to produce a truly elite game. Without an elite game, I'm likely going on another 2-3 year hiatus after NCAA 10/11.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »