Home

Erin Andrews Gets in the Game with NCAA Football 10

This is a discussion on Erin Andrews Gets in the Game with NCAA Football 10 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2009, 07:31 PM   #97
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: At least Erin Andrews "is in the game"

Quote:
Originally Posted by the onizzle
You must not wake up and watch gameday for 3 hours every Saturday before parking yo butt on the couch, at the tailgate, game etc.. It's just part of it bro.
So are you gonna tailgate for your dynasty?
Do you really want to watch a halftime show in the middle of your game?
Would you really watch gameday for your dynasty when you could be playing instead?

Real college football is a tremendous spectator sport and as such there are more spectator-related things you can do with it that are interesting. The NCAA series is a video game. Video games are fun to play, not spectate!
Old 04-15-2009, 07:33 PM   #98
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

EA NCAA Football 2010
Old 04-15-2009, 07:35 PM   #99
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Thank God she's in Football, she knows Football, that mean's NCAA Basketball won't have her next year. YES!!!

She doesn't know basketball and needs to keep away from the sideline reporting from it.

And yes she will be a nice addition to the commentary on NCAA that's a nice touch EA.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:54 PM   #100
Rookie

the onizzle's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
So are you gonna tailgate for your dynasty?
Do you really want to watch a halftime show in the middle of your game?
Would you really watch gameday for your dynasty when you could be playing instead?

Real college football is a tremendous spectator sport and as such there are more spectator-related things you can do with it that are interesting. The NCAA series is a video game. Video games are fun to play, not spectate!
Yes I would watch any kind of added presentation b/c I think it adds to the immersion factor. As an example, CHOOPS got this right with selection Sunday, Coaching Carousel, and weekly highlights. EA will hopefully add something to the game so you forget it's just a video game, that you're mindlessly punching buttons through all the screens to get back to another mundane game against the CPU who calls the same stupid plays every time on offense. Those are separate issues, but my point is this series could gain some depth by doing more with the actual game than they have in years past. It's my estimation that we WILL see some sort of pregame entrance, and hopefully a postgame (bowl) celebration.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:56 PM   #101
Rookie

the onizzle's Arena

OVR: 4

And yes I would be interested in merely spectating an entire game, b/c some of our OD's have been that intense. Why not when you have a group of serious gamers gunning for the only BCS bid out of a conference?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2009, 08:06 PM   #102
Pro

radiohead's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Erin Andrews Gets in the Game with NCAA Football 10

It's a nice addition but nothing to write home about.

This reminds me of last year's "celebrate with the mascot". Give me something to get jazzed about, something to make me come back to what used to be a yearly purchase.

If I remember correctly, NFL2k1 on dreamcast had a sideline reporter. And, Tracy Wolfson on CH2k8 pretty much repeats the same lines every game.

This news is underwhelming.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:17 PM   #103
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Erin Andrews Gets in the Game with NCAA Football 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiohead
It's a nice addition but nothing to write home about.

This reminds me of last year's "celebrate with the mascot". Give me something to get jazzed about, something to make me come back to what used to be a yearly purchase.

If I remember correctly, NFL2k1 on dreamcast had a sideline reporter. And, Tracy Wolfson on CH2k8 pretty much repeats the same lines every game.

This news is underwhelming.
First of all, this is NOT the same thing as last year's mascot celebration feature. The mascot celebration feature was terribly unrealistic as the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty was removed from last year's game, and no one celebrates like that in real football without a flag thrown. EA's announcement that Erin Andrews is in the game is a big deal, because she actually reports from the sideline during the college football season on ESPN. As someone else mentioned earlier, it adds to the immersion factor and makes you forget you are in a videogame.

Forget TrevJo. He is a noob. I'm ashamed we share half of the same screen name ("Trev"). He probably can't sit through an entire college football game if his life depended on it. People like that remind me of when I would play NCAA with my cousin-in-law (who is eight by the way) and he has to fast forward all the cut scenes because he has a short attention span. He also can't finish a quarter without getting bored and moving on to something else.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:19 PM   #104
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Now this is the kind of new stuff I wanna hear about!

Field goal nets and wind socks is weak. Thats not a major new thing. It should go without saying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »