Home

Anyone miss "create a team" and DII schools?

This is a discussion on Anyone miss "create a team" and DII schools? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2009, 09:09 AM   #1
Rookie

GoBlue!'s Arena

OVR: 2
Anyone miss "create a team" and DII schools?

I do. The last few years on the ps2 it was pretty bad but for a while the create a team was a great feature. I also miss the D2 or whatever they are called now schools being in the game - take out the mascot game crap and put those features back in. IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2009, 09:13 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 38
Re: Anyone miss "create a team" and DII schools?

Do I miss cas absolutely not

Do I miss fcs teams absolutely
Old 04-17-2009, 09:14 AM   #3
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

It was 1-AA schools, not DII. I don't really miss them because you had to take out a school and play them in D-1. I'd rather have the 1-AA complete season if they were to bring it back.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:27 AM   #4
Rookie

GoBlue!'s Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
It was 1-AA schools, not DII. I don't really miss them because you had to take out a school and play them in D-1. I'd rather have the 1-AA complete season if they were to bring it back.
I knew it was 1AA just couldn't recall what they are now - FCS. I agree, I would love to be able to play the whole FCS season with playoffs. I liked using some of the teams in place of the weaker (I usually took a Sunbelt team out and added a team like The Citadel or Harvard for a challenge).

I liked create a team because I could build a school from scratch into powerhouse. I went to a college without a football team so it was fun to create them just for ****s and giggles.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:27 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 42

Personally I don't understand ever not having the 'create a-' feature in a game.

If you're a "purist" then you just don't use it, but for a guy like me, it's half the pleasure of a sports game to create a alternative sports reality that has players/teams that don't exist playing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2009, 10:16 AM   #6
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue!
I knew it was 1AA just couldn't recall what they are now - FCS. I agree, I would love to be able to play the whole FCS season with playoffs. I liked using some of the teams in place of the weaker (I usually took a Sunbelt team out and added a team like The Citadel or Harvard for a challenge).

I liked create a team because I could build a school from scratch into powerhouse. I went to a college without a football team so it was fun to create them just for ****s and giggles.
I always forget FCS. lol. I don't have a problem at all with it being in the game but for my preference, I'd hardly ever use them. I remember creating teams but rarely ever playing with them. It is a fun feature but I've moved towards solely playing with my team so I would rarely use it. I'd love for it to be added but now I'm just like, "I don't want them wasting too much time on anything not gameplay issues" since adding things for the new system is more time-consuming.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:21 AM   #7
Pro

nightcreeper's Arena

OVR: 9

i miss all the extra schools
Old 04-17-2009, 10:30 AM   #8
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Yes, I enjoyed playing against D-IAA teams in the Dynasty. Also playing The Game (Harvard vs. Yale) against my brother. I used Create-A-School to make a few CIS (Canadian University Schools) specifically University of Toronto (my alma) and its rivals York and Waterloo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »