Home

Season showdown a waste?

This is a discussion on Season showdown a waste? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2009, 01:20 AM   #17
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Season showdown a waste?

I don't care for this season showdown. Put in formation subs and create a playbook instead of this IMO.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:33 AM   #18
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Exactly. You mean to tell me that this is more important than formation subs or custom playbooks?

This seems like such a gimmick. Teambuilder is so full of win, and this Showdown mode just seems so....lame.

EDIT: And I hate to be so blunt about how I feel about this feature, but I know the NCAA guys are better than this. I guess I just feel there could have been so many better things added to the game than this.
It makes me sad
I post the frog

Last edited by baumy300; 04-28-2009 at 01:43 AM.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:20 AM   #19
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Well some people will like and some will not like. the best thing is to wait get it and try it.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:42 AM   #20
Have you seen my baseball

BlyGilmore's Arena

OVR: 44

I think the credits aspect of it is going to be a big plus to the game, especially for online gamers. You'll be able to look at potential opponents and for the first time really get an idea what kind of player they are.

i.e. a high skill, low strategy, low sportsmanship guy would likely be a cheeser/stick jockey and you can avoid him if you want.

the whole virtual matchups part? Meh. FIFA 08 tried to do something similar, with fans of one club going against fans of another to see who's supporters "won." To my knowledge it didn't really work out too well (its at least telling its not in the game this year).

with that said its a way to NCAA to bring its fans a bit closer to the vest and interact with them, while also giving them something they can create content for on a weekly basis and perhaps keep people talking about NCAA a bit longer than they might have.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:44 AM   #21
All Star

OVR: 33

High Skill. High Strategy. High Sportsmanship.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2009, 09:52 AM   #22
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

i think its useful for those who play online but personally i dont so i doubt it will be used as much but i can understand the inception of this feature.
I do hope that they bring back formation subs though.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:05 AM   #23
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlyGilmore
I think the credits aspect of it is going to be a big plus to the game, especially for online gamers. You'll be able to look at potential opponents and for the first time really get an idea what kind of player they are.

i.e. a high skill, low strategy, low sportsmanship guy would likely be a cheeser/stick jockey and you can avoid him if you want.

the whole virtual matchups part? Meh. FIFA 08 tried to do something similar, with fans of one club going against fans of another to see who's supporters "won." To my knowledge it didn't really work out too well (its at least telling its not in the game this year).
It was horrible in FIFA08 because you couldn't connect to get a game in. Everytime I logged on for it I could not find a game.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:07 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 9

If this becomes useful as a tool for understanding a player's style before agreeing to an online game then I am all for it...as for the school competition aspect...utter waste of time....the teams with the largest fan bases that play the game will be heads and shoulders above the rest and everything else will be a waste of time...

I do hope that the sportsmanship aspects work out as a net plus...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »