Home

Season showdown a waste?

This is a discussion on Season showdown a waste? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-28-2009, 10:14 AM   #25
stewaat

OVR:
Re: Season showdown a waste?

It's not a gimmick and I'm surprised more of you don't like it. People like to acquire points and this is what they can do here.

There are many, many people who care about their XBL gamerscore, and I think this mode caters to them.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2009, 11:20 AM   #26
Rookie

smace767's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
If this becomes useful as a tool for understanding a player's style before agreeing to an online game then I am all for it...as for the school competition aspect...utter waste of time....the teams with the largest fan bases that play the game will be heads and shoulders above the rest and everything else will be a waste of time...

I do hope that the sportsmanship aspects work out as a net plus...

To waste time on what? You dont have to do anything special or log in to a season showdow site. it takes the gamer score from all the games you play in dynasty, online or play now. No effort is required by the user. u automatically are in it.

the only thing you have to log in for is the vote and the trivia.
And there is a special lobby to play guys whos favorite school is the school your favorite school plays in real life that week. purely optional but i for one an gonna love playing guys who love the school they are playing with. should be alot of smack talk and school pride. think rivaries

fan base? the largest fan base does not mean you r the best players in the game. I was like 9-3 vs Florida users on 09, and Florida had one of the largest fan bases in that game. also one school's fan base is small in comparison to all of college football. the vote aspect will be a loss for almost all the big schools.

example:
mighigan might have 20,000 fans vote for them to win in a week but the 15,000 mighigan st fans, the 10,000 iowa fans, and the 8,000 purdue fans will vote against mighigan. that means the biggest fan base got beat 33,000 to 20,000. thats how that works.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:29 AM   #27
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
If this becomes useful as a tool for understanding a player's style before agreeing to an online game then I am all for it...
They didn't need season showdown to accomplish this...
Old 04-28-2009, 11:38 AM   #28
Have you seen my baseball

BlyGilmore's Arena

OVR: 44

Exactly Smace. Somebody like Florida might be playing East Boondock State, but you have to keep in mind folks from FSU, Alabama, Oklahoma, etc. will be voting against Florida.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:51 AM   #29
Rookie

jms493's Arena

OVR: 12

yes you got to remember there are all types playing NCAA.....I have friends that lose to go online and win at all costs.....they dont care about sim play. They love it, they love playing the guy who puts Harvin in at QB and runs the option all day.

Remember there are a large amount of these players out there as well as us sim guys. In order to keep sales high you need to try an accommodate all type, remember this is a console and not a PC.

The more features the better.....as long as core gameplay is solid
Old 04-28-2009, 12:33 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 12

I have zero interest in this feature. EA's fluff for 2010 probably a one year and done feature. For those who will like it and use it, good for you... have fun with it.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:34 PM   #31
Rookie

smace767's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
I have zero interest in this feature. EA's fluff for 2010 probably a one year and done feature. For those who will like it and use it, good for you... have fun with it.
I hate to break it too you.

Everybody will use it. it automaticly calculates your gamer points and adds them to your favorite teams total. there is nothing to turn off or log in. Every game you play online, offline, dynasty, you will collect gamer points which will be uploaded to your schools season showdown totals.

EA has forced you to use and support this feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »