Home

Jump the Snap STILL in the game. For the love of God...WHY???!!!!

This is a discussion on Jump the Snap STILL in the game. For the love of God...WHY???!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2009, 09:05 AM   #81
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Jump the Snap STILL in the game. For the love of God...WHY???!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
The feature is abused by the CPU and it's too easy to make them jump.

That's what this thread is saying.

Am I really the only person who sees the contradiction?
Who said it's too easy to make them jump? I said I can get them to jump but I never said it was too easy. I think most people are arguing that the cpu abuses it too much while the other camp doesn't think it's too bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2009, 09:16 AM   #82
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Who said it's too easy to make them jump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
...most importantly, it's so easy to get an offsides call when you need it by fooling the CPU.
That's the only mention of it here; it was the other thread where it was more 50/50.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:55 AM   #83
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:

The same thing happened in the other thread - five guys say the CPU pwns their OL, five guys say it's way too easy to get the CPU to jump offside, and the two separate and distinct complaints get fused into one without anyone seeming to notice.

One result is a good thing for your team, one result is a bad thing for your team, but both are here being treated as the same "problem." Anyone care to take a shot at explaining that?
This coming from the guy who kept telling us to wake up and realize that the entire defense "moves as one" in the game. If one guy moved right..the entire defense moved right, blah blah blah.

Your avatar quote has never been more right than in that moment.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:48 PM   #84
Banned

OVR: 9

jump the snap is a lame feature plain and simple. The cpu abuses it. IT is easy to get them to jump offsides because they abuse it so much. Occationally it backfires and you get a false start but I get several offsides just doing fake hike every few plays.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:25 AM   #85
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
This coming from the guy who kept telling us to wake up and realize that the entire defense "moves as one" in the game. If one guy moved right..the entire defense moved right, blah blah blah.
"Blah blah blah" does not a refutation make. And all I was saying, then and now, is that animations tie together. Profound, I know, since they market this fact across the board in sports games: "branching animation technology"; players getting hold and cold; dynamic in-game rating fluxes.

The better you perform with one player - because you can't control more than one player - the better the rest of your team performs, because hot players draw double teams, i.e., they "branch" to the cooler, deeper animations. If your QB hits 8-straight passes, the WR's heat up; hot WR's have sick animations - you can throw them lobs, and they break tackles, etc. Hot QB's have sick animations - they slip tackles, have more complete set-and-throw animations, are louder when calling signals, etc.

COLD players, conversely, aren't treated to these "cooler" animations. Cold and "neutral" players get cold and neutral animations.

We've all seen an offensive lineman pancake a DE. We've also all seen an OL wander around in a little circle without moving his legs, not blocking anyone. You think it's just a coincidence which animations you're seeing? No, it has everything to do with what you're doing.

Think about it. It's hypothetically possible to have all 22 guys on your team be RED. The goal of the game, in a sense, is to try to get this to happen.

My prediction is that most of the guys around here play most of the game in the gray, with some yellow. You might flirt with some red, but it doesn't last for more than a few plays.

The thing about playing most of the game with everyone in the gray stage is that that's the stage where most of the game's "problems" are. If you're playing most of the game with your guys predominantly gray and blue, then you're seeing nothing but gray- and blue-level animations. In other words, wonky garbage: like your DL getting blown up "every play" or "robo QB".

When you get your team humming into the red, on the other hand ... well, you've all seen it, I'm sure. It's probably that thing that was starting to happen right when you said "Damn, the CPU sliders need adjusting, this is too easy." And so you go make the game harder and you never quite get a glimpse of what it looks like when your team is actually firing at 100%, and, in turn, what this would mean for your gameplan if it were to happen. No, you go tweak the sliders so that you play the whole game, every game, in the gray. Because that's "sim."

So it's like this: if you can't (or won't) get your defense into the red, that's a YP. Dig? And if you hear someone complaining about not getting a pass rush, my guess would be it's because the QB/OL/WR is lighting him up. Conversely, when your defense is hot, and the OFFENSE is cold, you get things like, wow, sacks, INTs, fumbles, etc.

So let's tie this all back together.

Jump the Snap is a lame feature because .... ??

I mean, I don't even use it, so ...

But I'm just trying to put together what I've said above and how JTS fits into the picture as something "bad."

I can't see it.

Last edited by Village Idiot; 05-05-2009 at 04:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2009, 07:02 PM   #86
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:

The same thing happened in the other thread - five guys say the CPU pwns their OL, five guys say it's way too easy to get the CPU to jump offside, and the two separate and distinct complaints get fused into one without anyone seeming to notice.

One result is a good thing for your team, one result is a bad thing for your team, but both are here being treated as the same "problem." Anyone care to take a shot at explaining that?
Both happen and it's not contradictory. It's not about whether it helps or hurts your team, it's about it being implemented unrealistically.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-05-2009, 09:36 PM   #87
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
it's about it being implemented unrealistically.
IMO JTS is implemented no less realistically than other aspects of the game. Let's just pick a couple for example:
-Throwing... QBs throw the ball too hard, lobs are ridiculous rainbows, it's too easy to throw off back foot or on the run, it's too easy to no-look pass, passes almost never hit the ground without someone getting a hand on it, there are no different release points for throwing around a defender in your face, passes never wobble.
-Tackling... Suction tackling, greased pig, auto-break-tackle with moves even for small players running between the tackles, no counter moves once a tackle animation begins, silly gang-tackling animations that basically totally override the first tackle attempt, some overdone big hit animations.
-Blocking... Suction blocking, defenders magically coming off blocks when sprint button is pressed, too many pancakes in pass blocking, pretty much everything about blocking sucks really.

I could go on and on. The point is, don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

The way I see it, with JTS, there are two issues:
1. The CPU tries to jump the snap all the time on AA and Heisman. In the case of players not using a hard count, that is the player's fault. In the case of players using the hard count and the CPU getting called for encroachment all the time, that is something that should be worked on in the game.
2. People hate the speed bonus for players who successfully jump the snap. This is something EA can fixed. They're not going to pay attention, though, if people just say, "Jump the snap sucks, get rid of it!"

So, I see two things that can be worked on to make the feature better. Focus on constructive suggestions. I don't understand all the clamoring to remove the feature all together. Taking jump the snap out of the game doesn't make any more sense than taking spin moves out of the game.

Last edited by TrevJo; 05-05-2009 at 09:41 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:15 AM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah I think the cpu uses jump the snap too much especially on Heisman.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »