Home

NCAA Football 10 Blog: Season Showdown: Show Your Skills

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Blog: Season Showdown: Show Your Skills within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2009, 06:04 PM   #89
Rookie

The Clairvoyant's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Season Showdown: Show your skills

I think that both NCAA and Madden needs a real physics engine, canned animations are thing of the past. The graphics looks great but those jerky running animations ruins the game.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:05 PM   #90
Rookie

GatorFan1963's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I didn't read all of this thread so I'm sure someone mentioned this already, but I searched for this quoted phrase and it didn't show up.

For those of you who're sick of season showdown, here's a lovely quote from the beginning of the blog.

I wonder what the next 2 blogs will be feature.....
Wouldn't make too much of this. Basically they are probably going to highlight a couple other ways you can get points. I'm certain that one of those will be Strategy. The other will probably be either Sportsmanship or Underdog.

I have the feeling that they are putting all their hopes and dreams with this Season Showdown crap.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:13 PM   #91
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Seems like EA doesn't like Miami. Always overrate FSU and Florida. Heck, even UCF is overrated. Plus those videos they made Miami look horrible, whoever was controlling Jacory Harris ran into those sacks 100% of the time. If you are going to show off a game, don't make it look stupid and make the QB run right into a sack.

Nothing else to talk about since SS is all the blog was about.

Oh, and if you are the best rapper alive, then how come I have never heard you before? I don't recognize you at all.....
Yeah, the national champion is overrated. When's the last time Miami was better than UF or FSU?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2009, 06:19 PM   #92
Rookie

HamTonks's Arena

People are going to be fuming about the Player Lock feature -- it looks like it is the same camera-work as in Campus Legend from '09 -- if this is the case, a lot of people are going to be very, VERY pissed off come July.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:29 PM   #93
Rookie

floridagatorfan's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamTonks
People are going to be fuming about the Player Lock feature -- it looks like it is the same camera-work as in Campus Legend from '09 -- if this is the case, a lot of people are going to be very, VERY pissed off come July.
Isn't that the intention of the player lock. I thought from the blog they had on player lock that that was clearly the intention. I guess I do not understand why it would make people pissed as its exactly what I expected to be.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:30 PM   #94
Pro

OVR: 10

Why did this series take a complete **** on itself this year?
Old 05-22-2009, 06:33 PM   #95
Rookie

HamTonks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagatorfan
Isn't that the intention of the player lock. I thought from the blog they had on player lock that that was clearly the intention. I guess I do not understand why it would make people pissed as its exactly what I expected to be.
Have you played Campus Legend? It's fun, but the camera angles get obnoxious enough to make me throw my console out of the window. The way they lock onto the ball-carrier really screws things up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2009, 06:34 PM   #96
Rookie

floridagatorfan's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
I think that you are wrong here....people would not necessarily start playing the game better or more like reality, they would simply quit more games. This option is NOT going to force people to play differently, it is simply going to report - in more detail than ever before - HOW you choose to play the game to other players.

I have been playing online since Madden NFL 2003 and I can safely say that no matter what the games are like - even if they somehow made the perfect football simulation - the choices of the other player in play selection and online sportsmanship (including quitting before the game ends instead of playing it out or accepting mercy/conceding defeat) is what matters most in online play quality. I can have a lot of fun with any online football game given the right kind of opponent...it does not mean to stop trying to make the game better, but it does help when you can go online and find more like minded players...

High "Skills", Low "Sportsmanship", Low "Upset" #'s?
What do you think that player is going to be? Think they use UF in every game, never punt and run a bunch of crap no-huddle all game long? I am guessing probably and unless I could find no one else to play, I would immediately avoid them...

Medium "Skills", High "Sportsmanship", High "Upset" #'s?
This kind of user profile is what I would be looking for, and I would be willing to bet would give me a much higher chance of finding a sim-style or more like-minded opponent...

Should the game itself be better and more sim? OF COURSE it should!!! But, since a perfect game is impossible and this game engine is far from perfect anyway, giving players more information to find players that are more like them or more like what they want to play against, is a great advance IMO.
What ever happened to the fair play feature that was in the last gen Madden games for online. At least that forced people to punt on 4th down unless the situation called for it. I do not like being forced into something with a game but this is a situation where I think it is called for.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »