Home

The Bottom Line!

This is a discussion on The Bottom Line! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2009, 12:39 AM   #17
Banned

WisconsinSports414's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: The Bottom Line!

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
People are dumping 60 bucks into this game I dont think there are wrong for expressing there displease with this whole gen work. One common theme with the dev team is they say they only have so much time for so much stuff that when they add fluff nobody wants its like there saying we dont care what the community wants we wanna give give you X. Which wouldnt be so bad if X didnt seem like a big waste of time.
Um...hello? Are guys from EA forcing you all to go out and buy their products at gun point? No. I always have to laugh when I hear people complain about 'wasting their whole $60.' If $60 is really that damn important to you, and if you truly feel that EA does not give a **** about what you want, then try having a little self control for once and NOT buy the game. 'B..but I need a football fix..' Then RENT it. Buy it USED. BORROW it from a friend/relative/whatever.

People including the guy I quoted have mentioned the frustration at the fact that the NCAA team basically is ignoring the input of the consumers here, right? Well, that's the best way to convey your issues with the game, and/or EA Sports. Do not give them your precious $60. This really is not that difficult a concept to grasp. I agree that there are many things wrong with this game, and I think having a CONSTRUCTIVE discussion on these issues is good. I like the thread Moos made to point out the flaws he still saw in the early build of the game, for example. But man, some of you guys just take it way out of proportion with the negativity.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:35 AM   #18
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinSports414
Um...hello? Are guys from EA forcing you all to go out and buy their products at gun point? No. I always have to laugh when I hear people complain about 'wasting their whole $60.' If $60 is really that damn important to you, and if you truly feel that EA does not give a **** about what you want, then try having a little self control for once and NOT buy the game. 'B..but I need a football fix..' Then RENT it. Buy it USED. BORROW it from a friend/relative/whatever.

People including the guy I quoted have mentioned the frustration at the fact that the NCAA team basically is ignoring the input of the consumers here, right? Well, that's the best way to convey your issues with the game, and/or EA Sports. Do not give them your precious $60. This really is not that difficult a concept to grasp. I agree that there are many things wrong with this game, and I think having a CONSTRUCTIVE discussion on these issues is good. I like the thread Moos made to point out the flaws he still saw in the early build of the game, for example. But man, some of you guys just take it way out of proportion with the negativity.
Im sorry but did you read the part where I am happy with the core improvements of the game? How can you talk about other people complaining when your doing the samething. My point is simply this if I am buying this game then I have the right to add my input or my displeasure with the direction in the areas I feel are going in the wrong direction. Im fully aware of my options not to buy this game and when Im feel like this game has reach a point where its not worth it I will stop buying this game.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:53 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 8

The thing I don't understand is how so many people can be so negetive on a game they have yet to even slide into their console! You have to be kidding me. No question SS is a head scratcher but provided they improved some of the core gameplay issues within the game, which it appears that they did, than I am all for throwing out my 60 bucks on it. If the D Line can get pressure, if the CPU qb's dont go 29-30 completions each game, I will be ecstatic. Seriously. Throw in a little team builder for my offline chise. Life is good.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:32 AM   #20
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
And this is why Teambuilder was one of the main features this year. Despite you constantly voicing your displeasure, you're still going to get the game. There's a ton of people who wanted nothing to do with this game until there was a CAS system in place. EA knew this and focused on getting them on board while taking the slight gamble of losing a few diehards.
There are also a ton of people that don't care about Team Builder. EA also lost purchases because of additions of Team Builder and SS rather than working on something important. For the first time in more than a decade I won't purchase the NCAA game.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:34 AM   #21
Banned

WisconsinSports414's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
There are also a ton of people that don't care about Team Builder. EA also lost purchases because of additions of Team Builder and SS rather than working on something important. For the first time in more than a decade I won't purchase the NCAA game.
A ton? You mean the handful of people here who claim to dislike it? I'm willing to be that the vast majority of NCAA's player base do care about Team Builder, thus its implementation. I mean, at best, everyone posting at this forum makes up like 1% of the people who play/buy this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2009, 11:47 AM   #22
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

I simply wish they fix the defense, but the pocket talks looks to be an aesthetic feature. I really can't put my faith in this team that they really "fixed" the gameplay issues with this game until I actually see it.

I still think that staff needs a shakeup.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:56 PM   #23
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
A ton? You mean the handful of people here who claim to dislike it? I'm willing to be that the vast majority of NCAA's player base do care about Team Builder, thus its implementation. I mean, at best, everyone posting at this forum makes up like 1% of the people who play/buy this game.
I dont think anybody can speak for the casual fans (or hardcore gamers to a point). Im sure there are a fair share of consumers who probably will be turned off by them putting time into TB and SS, and not addressing accessories. In my opinion casual fans rather see "Percy Harvin's facemask" or on field refs before team builder. At least the casual fans I know.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:07 PM   #24
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

Quote:
Yes... A Ton of people that don't care about Team Builder. I guarantee there are more people that don't care about Team Builder than those that wanted this feature.

Most of the people that Don't Care, me being one of them, never sound off about wanting this feature. I am glad you have your feature. However, the majority of the people want to be able to play a good game rather than build a fictitious team. And right now this game isn't good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »