Home

NCAA Football 10 Rosters Issue

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Rosters Issue within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-12-2009, 02:02 PM   #473
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: NCAA Football 10 Rosters Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca Brasi
Agree. I use Colorado and Colorado only in offline dynasties. Their roster is such a disaster right now i'm afraid it makes the game unplayable for me. If they come up with a decent salution that doesn't take months i might reconsider.
see i just don't get this way of thinking. i'm an offline dynasty guy too and this year i'll be playing with a CAS so obviously the roster thing doesn't affect me much, but even if you play with a default team isn't your roster revamped after just one year of play? and within 3-4 years completely different? I just don't get how for anyone playing any type of dynasty the rosters are really that big of deal since obviously college rosters have so much turnover in such a short period of time anyway.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:15 PM   #474
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Personally, I dont think anybody is going to fix the current rosters.. The community might, but its going to take forever. By that point, NCAA 10 will be a distant memory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanek27
Agreed but so many people are like get rid of this or that to fix the rosters. I'm dishin out 64 dollars (includes tax) I want the game that was intended to be released. I don't think its fair to the consumer we get rid of a few features to fix a problem they caused in the first place. Its simple, fix the glitch and if it causes the release to wait another couple of weeks so be it, but if I wanted an updated Roster of 2010 then I'll go buy NCAA 09 and update it myself. People should stop settling for less to get something that should be in the game in the first place.
The only thing we are saying to do is to scrap the Teambuilder BETA, delete those teams, and change the roster file. We aren't getting rid of anything.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:17 PM   #475
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
see i just don't get this way of thinking. i'm an offline dynasty guy too and this year i'll be playing with a CAS so obviously the roster thing doesn't affect me much, but even if you play with a default team isn't your roster revamped after just one year of play? and within 3-4 years completely different? I just don't get how for anyone playing any type of dynasty the rosters are really that big of deal since obviously college rosters have so much turnover in such a short period of time anyway.
We have come to expect rosters that are somewhat accurate each year, so having them be in this state is dissapointing to say the least. My big issue is if you want to create a team and use a teams template roster to begin with, say Texas Tech, you start your dynasty with 58 players, 12 short of the maximum with no way to change that. Ruins that entire game mode. I expect the only fix we will get is more freshman on teams that mysteriously have 0.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2009, 02:21 PM   #476
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedrumsdw
My big issue is if you want to create a team and use a teams template roster to begin with, say Texas Tech, you start your dynasty with 58 players, 12 short of the maximum with no way to change that. Ruins that entire game mode being. I expect the only fix we will get is more freshman on teams that mysteriously have 0.
I get that, but I still don't see how it ruins the entire game mode. it may ruin that first season, but after that it shouldn't be a big deal since you can just recruit that many more players. Also the short answer to that issue is to recreate TTU with teambuilder use a generic roster instead of the Tech template and then edit them to match.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:21 PM   #477
Rookie

dfoz3's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
I see your point, but I like having this years accurate roster as my starting point. You are correct that after a few seasons it doesn't matter anymore, but for those first few seasons I like to develop the existing players and see how they turn out. I just like that added sense of realism.

If I didn't care about the quality of the rosters I would not buy the game each year since the other added features aren't really worth the money to me on their own.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:34 PM   #478
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
I get that, but I still don't see how it ruins the entire game mode. it may ruin that first season, but after that it shouldn't be a big deal since you can just recruit that many more players. Also the short answer to that issue is to recreate TTU with teambuilder use a generic roster instead of the Tech template and then edit them to match.

Yeah but It would take 10 hours for me to re-make my UVA team, not to mention all the other teams that I would have to edit just to have it close. Even with a generic roster you still only have 65 players though meaning you can't really have a red shirt freshman class. I hear what your saying, but I have a limited amount of time to play this game. With so many teams having 0 freshman, it will affect the balance of the teams in dynasty mode and not just the first year. That will take many years in dynasty for that to level out.

Last edited by stevedrumsdw; 06-12-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:18 PM   #479
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
some of the generic ones have less than 60 as well though. I was going to use the cupcake as my roster base for my created team, but at 58 players, thats kind of low.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 06-12-2009, 03:23 PM   #480
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
some of the generic ones have less than 60 as well though. I was going to use the cupcake as my roster base for my created team, but at 58 players, thats kind of low.
snap, i didn't even notice that. i've used cupcake for just about every CAS i've made. oh well guess i'll just have recruit way more players in year one. i'll even have to go after those 1 star scrubs for the first time ever. actually come to think of it this doesn't worry me at all because the enjoyment I get out of this game is taking a bad school and making it great so this will just make it that much harder and in the end that much more gratifying to bring home the NC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »