Home

Lack of defensive line pressure

This is a discussion on Lack of defensive line pressure within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2009, 08:08 AM   #17
Roll Tide!

Coach Bryant's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Lack of defensive line pressure

Nope it doesn't make any sense. It can't be that hard to fix. EA has gotten complacent because some people are going to buy the game regardless. I may be holding on to my money this year.

Last edited by Coach Bryant; 06-17-2009 at 10:25 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:30 AM   #18
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

After watching many videos I think it's really clear that the pass protection is overly powerful on default. I just pray the sliders work well this year and I can finetune it better than last year. The other thing that concerns me is that when there is pressure, the QB seems to get rid of the ball in a hurry. Sacks seem to be few and far between regardless.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:46 AM   #19
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

^ Right on Rudy. I just hope the sliders work well this. The Pass Block, Break Block and even QB Accuracy better be highly effective this year.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:49 AM   #20
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
^ Right on Rudy. I just hope the sliders work well this. The Pass Block, Break Block and even QB Accuracy better be highly effective this year.
The lack of slider effectiveness really hampered 09 imo. I just requested a video from Steve (yes, I'll be one of those guys lol) if he could drop the pass blocking so we can see if they make a difference. It would have been great if the demo had sliders.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:52 AM   #21
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Two things
1.i think ol/dl prob have same issue ian found on madden 10 in the coding of it
2.sliders don't work for oline vs. dline. i did see some pressure from de and dl but in that case it was because the oline back was to the players. if it wasn't for the dumb roster issue they could be working on a patch for this. i think it can be fixed there just have to be more issues in order for them to make a patch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2009, 09:40 AM   #22
Rookie

prototype561's Arena

OVR: 4

Here we go again, ive been looking at both the ncaa and madden videos and the pass rush is not good again. I still really cant see the so called pocket that the devs have been talking about. The de's dont seem to come far enough up the field. In almost all the videos why are the dt's getting all the sacks. A good year for a dt is 5 sacks but in the videos it looks like the dt's will lead the teams in sacks, with the de's being worthless. Nothing we can do now but to hope the sliders work.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:01 AM   #23
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

Oh boy. NCAA 10 looks like a solid title, but this pass rush problem has started to dampen my excitement. If the OL/DL ratings don't matter, recruiting won't be as fun. I'll be holding off purchase until we get some impressions from the community.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 06-17-2009, 10:15 AM   #24
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

While the lack of DL pressure sucks (if there is no way to remedy it), if Robo QB was fixed, that will at least alleviate the issue a tiny bit. Hopefully we can jack up sliders, or find a way to get some pressure without blitzing every play or waiting for the screen to get sacks.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »