Home

The Future of the NCAA Series (Part 4)

This is a discussion on The Future of the NCAA Series (Part 4) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2009, 03:28 AM   #9
Rookie

HamTonks's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: The Future of the NCAA Series (Part 4)

TL;DR

I bet they stick you in a room with a computer, 3 clothespins and an Xbox controller and say, "Make us 2011."
Old 06-18-2009, 03:36 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

I honestly hope they take that in implement that into NCAA 11 .. that's one of the greatest Franchise ideas I've heard in a long time.

2009/2010 Season
49ers Record: 0-0-0

PSN ID: PDubNiner and Token420
Old 06-18-2009, 08:23 AM   #11
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

I have had the same idea for years, just not as organized as you great idea. I love it, the only problem I see is I would have to get a divorce and I would never sleep.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2009, 10:01 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 38

Wow! That was a fantastic read, we can only dream though
Old 06-18-2009, 11:05 AM   #13
MVP

deucepoppi17's Arena

OVR: 11

Love the idea, but there are major flaws with using current schools. I tink it should be more like TB and u build it into a powerhouse. Below are reasons why using current schools wouldn't work very well.

1) U would be hiring a new coach every 3 years since small schools would never match $ to bigger schools. Plus if ur school stays small, then the coaches would leave due to career advancement.

2) Would you ever move on to bigger schools as an AD? Thats how it is IRL. No small school AD stays at the same school, he aspires to career advancement also.

3) Not every small school is "new". Some schools don't need stadium expansion. They have been around for years, they just aren't a powerhouse program. Think off the schools in mid-major conferences. They are established programs, just not at the BCS level.

Just my thoughts. I love this idea for the last few years, but the more i think about it, the less I think it would be realistic.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:21 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucepoppi17
Love the idea, but there are major flaws with using current schools. I tink it should be more like TB and u build it into a powerhouse. Below are reasons why using current schools wouldn't work very well.

1) U would be hiring a new coach every 3 years since small schools would never match $ to bigger schools. Plus if ur school stays small, then the coaches would leave due to career advancement.

2) Would you ever move on to bigger schools as an AD? Thats how it is IRL. No small school AD stays at the same school, he aspires to career advancement also.

3) Not every small school is "new". Some schools don't need stadium expansion. They have been around for years, they just aren't a powerhouse program. Think off the schools in mid-major conferences. They are established programs, just not at the BCS level.

Just my thoughts. I love this idea for the last few years, but the more i think about it, the less I think it would be realistic.
Yea, all very vaild points. It would definitely need to be tweaked to make it all work out in the video game.. some things could be left out, some things added.

I think with the right staff, and some new energy.. something like this could eventually work out.

1. yea you yourself could move on, but only if you sustained success for like 3 or 4 seasons in a row..just like it is in real life. Bigger schools would entice you with a bigger budget, better facilities, and a better recruiting base.. Making it more like how college athletics actually works.

2. The coaching thing could be handled.. A loyalty attribute could be put into place, and then you would have to consider that when hiring a coach/coahces

EX: Hire the awesome young coach with bad loyalty rating (Bobby Petrino - Arkansas)

or

Hire the young coach thats ok, but has lots of potential and high loyalty (Brian Kelly - Cincinnati Bearcats)

3. You can still add to facilities & stadiums, or change their unis.. no matter what team it is. There could also be caps put into place for things like stadium size, quality of facility..

There are fixes for everything, it just takes some great minds to figure them out, and put everything in place.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:42 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 16

Born4corn, I threw this idea around alot. Actually most of my posts about dynasty included the AD mode in it. I am dieing for this to be in the game...

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2009, 12:42 PM   #16
Swaggy Poole

justblaze09's Arena

OVR: 21

Great read and great idea. The only thing I feel that isn't needed is the coaches names. They would have to pay for them as well, and it isn't that big of a deal if you can edit every coach name. Everything else though is needed

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »