Home

The Future of the NCAA Series (Part 4)

This is a discussion on The Future of the NCAA Series (Part 4) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2009, 03:28 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: The Future of the NCAA Series (Part 4)

I'd love to add team camps to the recruiting process in this game. You could ask a kid to come in for your team camp when you're recruiting them. You could control your coach on the field at the camp and walk around to the different drills going on, talk to the recruits, etc. You could ask a few of the prospects into your coach's office and offer a scholarship (like in real life). Then, at the end of the camp you could bring up a screen with toggable stats like 40 time, bench reps, etc. and then name camp MVP's. This could also affect the prospect's profile in the recruiting process so it lists their 40 time, bench, etc. from your camp as well as what they give you already. It could also list if they were camp MVP's at certain camps, so those under the radar guys who get offered at team camps are portrayed in the game as they are in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2009, 03:34 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
im glad you guys think this is a good idea.. spent a while typing it up.

Andy would pay $100 for a game if this was done correctly.. only don't make it so you need teambuilder to update the stadium..

for real tho, you totally ruined the current dyansty mode, as this is how it should and hopefully one day be..

go get that stuff copyrighted.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:43 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 4

Your dreaming if you think EA will do that much work on this game. As long as they are able to slap a new coat of paint on it and sell it for 60 bucks every year you will continue to see the same thing every year. People will be lined out the door in a couple of weeks at midnight to buy the same game they have bought twice already.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:18 PM   #28
Rookie

ksucats's Arena

OVR: 4

that is a great idea. If only EA can think like that, and care enough to put the time and effort on making an AD mode.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:05 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 39

bump just for now
Old 07-14-2009, 01:45 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
bump just for now
Old 07-14-2009, 04:57 AM   #31
Rookie

Pheud's Arena

OVR: 6

Heres a few aspects that could be added.I'm taking it from a real life situation happening with Marshall right now.

So in this mode you'd be athletic director,right?Well, in the real world, not all AD are well liked.Marshalls KO Marcum comes to mind immediatly. This dude has completely killed several projects such as an IPF, Baseball field, etc not to mention completely pissed of a TON of donors. He also cancelled games with Miami(Florida) and Tennessee AT the Joan(Big money makers) I think it would be neat if their was a way to gain respect by doing certain tasks that would make you liked with the fanbase. Such as, if you schedule a strong OOC home schedule(For Marshall, say WVU, Va Tech, IAA, and maybe Iowa or somebody) people will like you because your trying to build the repuatation of the program by making them compete with big name schools. Another example with this could be tied into the Stadium Builder part of it. As you gain national prominence, you could sign off on a new Stadium, IPF, etc that would help with recruting, development, etc. You could also have an option to talk with big time donors to get money out of them.

On the flip side, if you do things that generally make the fan base mad, such as scheduling a weak OOC home schedule(Bowling Green, IAA, IAA, Some other no-name MAC school) or cancelling building projects or generally pissing off the donors to the point that donations dry up, fans and newspapers(tv?) would be calling for you to get fired. If it goes on for a long time, you eventually have to resign so you will be able to get another job elsewhere, or get fired and risk not being able to go to another school.

Now, on to something that I think would be pretty neat to see.

Everybody here complains about how the stadiums are always filled when some teams(All of the MAC, Temple, etc) do not sell out their stadium for every game. My idea would be to add a dynamic crowd into the game to go along with this idea below.This one is a bit complicated to explain, so just bear with me.

When it comes to the point of upgrading a stadium, you would have to look at all the options; how many seats, cost etc. The biggest thing you would have to look at though would be the demand and the market your in.

Say Marshall, which is in Po-Dunk Huntington,West Virginia wanted to increase their seating capacity by 10,000.As AD,you simply just couldn't say yes to this and have it built simply because of the market Marshall is in. Their is just no way that those 10,000 seats would ever be used for the fact that their is no way that Marshall could fill up a 50K stadium. Their just not in the right area for it.Even when we were winning and going undefeated, we were lucky to get 28K in a 38K capacity stadium.No fan support, low demand, and a poor area for football.

On the other hand, if Florida or Oklahoma wanted to expand their stadium it would be easy to say yes to that because of A) Fan support(Which ties into area) and B) theirs enough demand for it.

Just throwing out a few ideas. Its probably a bit confusing because I wrote it at 4Am and I'm a bit tired so somebody may need to translate it.

Lets go V-C-U!!(And to make it clear, I have been a VCU hoops fan since 2007...no bandwagon for me, thank you very much!)
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »