Home

Who does EA think is buying this game?

This is a discussion on Who does EA think is buying this game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 07:28 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Who does EA think is buying this game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedMoseby
#1. Endzone art is not feature worthy and #2. EA is purposefully withholding features in each version so they can add features in future versions. They know about formation subs on the fly and they are purposefully withholding that feature because that will cause people to purchase a future version of the game.
What do you base this on?
Old 06-19-2009, 08:31 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
Sorry bud, you're missing the point. There's NO excuse, ZERO, for us to be going backwards from stuff that we had nearly 10 years ago. I don't care how you or EA tries to slice it. Some of us spent upwards of $500 on new systems that are supposed to be top notch, and there's no excuse for us to be this far behind a game (Ps2 version) that they are selling for only $29.99.

Nobody is asking for the perfect game, all we want is our stuff back that we had before. Why can't we keep the stuff we had before and build upon that? That seems to be what 99% of other game developers are doing.
You spending $500 dollars on a system has nothing to do with how good or bad a game is going to be sorry. They can say hey this game is going to be way better better on the new system but there is only mission is to sell copies. Doesnt matter if you spent $1 of $500 on the system your playing on. Its all about what people are willing to pay for the game good or bad.

If the game isnt up to your standards then maybe you should have waited instead of having to have the best of the best at any cost.
Old 06-19-2009, 08:42 PM   #19
Rookie

GatorFan1963's Arena

OVR: 3

I look at something like adding bowl endzone art as something that is expected. I also look at things like having the most up-to-date stadiums and uniforms, or better graphics as expected.

To me a feature is something that is a major change/addition to the game. I know the word "major" can be argued, but I think you get my point. We asked for windsocks, but that doesn't mean it should ever be mentioned as a feature to sell the game, unless it's grouped and marketed with a set of other features.

For example, if they tried to market something like having more effective sliders...I would say that's stupid. But, if they said they have added NEW sliders, then I would say that's feature worthy.
Old 06-19-2009, 08:47 PM   #20
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedMoseby
#1. Endzone art is not feature worthy and #2. EA is purposefully withholding features in each version so they can add features in future versions. They know about formation subs on the fly and they are purposefully withholding that feature because that will cause people to purchase a future version of the game.
So you think Big corporate EA Big Wigs is telling the folks at Tiburon they cannot add certain features because it will make the game too good. I am sure this is how the Conversation with Ian Cummings went:

BigWigs: How Is Madden Coming Ian?

Ian: its going great, we have added a ton of new features, most importantly Online Franchise!

BigWigs: Whoa There Ian, Calm Down. Online Franchise is slated for Madden 14, we cannot make madden too good too quickly.

Ian: What, thats Crazy! The Community has been begging for this.

BigWigs: Ok Ian, we understand. You can put in online Franchise, but its not allowed to be fun. That way we can Market Madden 11's Online Franchise as "fun"

Ian: So what Should I do, It works Perfectly right now, infact we are 3 months ahead of Schedule, we were even going to add Real Physics to the game.

BigWigs: Ok Ian, Take out the Salary cap and go on vacation to Mexico city. *Click*

BigWigs: Juan, Make sure he gets the Swine Flu so we can rehire David Ortiz.

Yes, Thats what really happened, it is definitely not because they only have one year to work on the game.
Old 06-19-2009, 08:56 PM   #21
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
So you think Big corporate EA Big Wigs is telling the folks at Tiburon they cannot add certain features because it will make the game too good. I am sure this is how the Conversation with Ian Cummings went:

BigWigs: How Is Madden Coming Ian?

Ian: its going great, we have added a ton of new features, most importantly Online Franchise!

BigWigs: Whoa There Ian, Calm Down. Online Franchise is slated for Madden 14, we cannot make madden too good too quickly.

Ian: What, thats Crazy! The Community has been begging for this.

BigWigs: Ok Ian, we understand. You can put in online Franchise, but its not allowed to be fun. That way we can Market Madden 11's Online Franchise as "fun"

Ian: So what Should I do, It works Perfectly right now, infact we are 3 months ahead of Schedule, we were even going to add Real Physics to the game.

BigWigs: Ok Ian, Take out the Salary cap and go on vacation to Mexico city. *Click*

BigWigs: Juan, Make sure he gets the Swine Flu so we can rehire David Ortiz.

Yes, Thats what really happened, it is definitely not because they only have one year to work on the game.
Your sarcasm is noted, but you're crazy if you don't think the marketing team has a mutli-year plan for this game. They only add what they want to add each year, if they really put their all into a game every year, we wouldnt have amazing jumps like Madden has this year, only once. They already know essentialy what they are going to add a little bit at a ttime for the next 3 years. That's just the way corporations work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2009, 09:00 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 16

LMAO, TY Cusefan for that im not the only 1 who thinks people are going a bit crazy around here.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:03 PM   #23
Rookie

the onizzle's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
Your sarcasm is noted, but you're crazy if you don't think the marketing team has a mutli-year plan for this game. They only add what they want to add each year, if they really put their all into a game every year, we wouldnt have amazing jumps like Madden has this year, only once. They already know essentialy what they are going to add a little bit at a ttime for the next 3 years. That's just the way corporations work.
Yeah but just like athletes in contract years, this is EA's contract year for the license with the NFL and NCAA.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:26 PM   #24
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by the onizzle
Yeah but just like athletes in contract years, this is EA's contract year for the license with the NFL and NCAA.
With Sales Lagging, it would be interesting to see if NCAA would want to go with another direction, or even entertain another offer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »